34 coaches online • Server time: 23:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fredox

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Signup Fredox

But go easy on me it's my first game.
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Signup Kk

YOU CANNOT HARM ME MORTALS...khm.ehem..have a nice day Smile

Kk
RealMadns

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Question: will the Hybrid know if he was attacked by a werewolf or a Vampire?
Or just that one of the two evil factions got him?

All that will be posted is that an Evil faction attacked an evil faction. So if the Vampires attack player A, the Vampires will know player A is evil, but not what he is.

Does the faction that wins the attack roll know that they won, and that it is they who are making the attack?

because otherwise the vamps in your example dont even know that player A is evil, it could be the Werewolfs' attack that hit an Evil player.

How about the player who is hit, will he know that he is hit? (kinda hard not to notice)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, seems an example is in order.

After the lynching on day one (so no attacks have taken place so far), the Wolves pm me with the name pac (Vampire!), the Vampires pm me with the name Plorg (Villager!), and the Hybrid also wants to attack pac. Obviously, each evil faction knows only who is on their side. For instance, the Wolves don't know if pac is a Vampire, the Hybrid, or a Villager. They just know that he isn't a Wolf!

I make the roll, it comes up that the Wolves make the hit that night.

At midnight, I post in the thread (fluffier in RL - but I'll keep it simple here):

<i>The war continues. After a loud noise and a piercing scream; the townsfolk run to the Cathedral. When they arrive, they find a pool of blood, with a trail leading off into the woods. Something was attacked tonight, but it got away...</i>

Or something like that.

So, the Villagers know that someone evil was attacked. The evil factions all know that their target could be evil. So the Wolves and the Hybrid now know there is a decent chance pac is evil, and the Vamps (wrongly) think that Plorg could be evil. pac is now wounded, and a second hit finishes the job. But he doesn't know that! He is just panicking that one of his team might have been attacked! Now in the game, the evil forces could try and swing the lynch vote at their target, or simply try and attack again, or switch targets totally, it's all up to them.

I <i>think</i> this is going to work, as it seemed to work well last time. Look up the Underworld thread for a working example, the first evil hit on evil is on page 10ish.
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
pac is now wounded, and a second hit finishes the job. But he doesn't know that! He is just panicking that one of his team might have been attacked!

I think this is the strange part.
If pac just personally fended off a pack of werewolves,
it seems reasonable that he would be aware he did that.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
pac is now wounded, and a second hit finishes the job. But he doesn't know that! He is just panicking that one of his team might have been attacked!

I think this is the strange part.
If pac just personally fended off a pack of werewolves,
it seems reasonable that he would be aware he did that.

Well - I'm certainly open to suggestion. I was just going to run it this way as it's how it went the first time. However, with the addition of a third faction, perhaps telling the player he survived is a good option? I'm happy to change if that sounds a better rule.
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be good if an evil target was notified by PM that they were attacked.
Their behavior could certainly change if they knew thay only had "one life left".
Whether they are notified as to which faction attacked them, the rule could go either way on that
(especially if the Hybrid's fluff lets him appear as either Vamp or Wolf).
KennethCole

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea I would like to know if I was attacked my which faction. If I was a wolf knowing if I was attacked by the hybrid or vamps would make sence. I think it should be a PM not something in chat that's for sure. The fluff for the attack would be the same but after a PM would be sent to the attacked to tell Pac that he was attacked and wounded by wolfs and that the next attack will kill him.

On another note, after a second attack would we know in chat if we killed a wolf or vamp or even the hybrid?
Sziro

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The sides involved in the combat should know they were in combat Smile
Like pac knows he was assaulted by something evil.
And the wolves know they assaulted pac, who was too tuogh and got away. (Don t know if he is a hybrid or vamp)
And the vamps and hybrid should know they stalked the night for their victim, but haven t found anything.

Would make sense this way. What you suggest is like killing while sleeping. Though an interesting game that too would be. Smile Decide on it.

Kk
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay - rule amended, that’s the way we'll go! Very Happy "Tonight, you were attacked by the...."

On your other note Kenneth - in death, your race is revealed. So if a player is lynched, he dies and his race comes up (be it Human/Wolf/Vampire/Hybrid), and on a second attack, an evil player's identity is revealed. Then you can get your thinking caps on and work out who his buddies are!
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well sounds like vaguely confusing fun. sign me up please.

Edit: or Sign up Lucan if you prefer it that way round
KennethCole

Post   Posted: May 16, 2007 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So we just need 7 more right Razz
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 16, 2007 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn how did I almost miss this!

Signup GrinningD

too much tea and chocolate and not enough paying god damned attention.
KennethCole

Post   Posted: May 16, 2007 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

lol.....GrinningD"og" .....he's a wolf hang him....Razz
pac

Post   Posted: May 16, 2007 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! No attacking me until the game starts!
 Jump to: