49 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Necros

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Indianapolis Crypts and Bashington Undeadskins will be joining up soon Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
With the intended game plan for the league, how can we move forward with an uneven amount of teams? If we're going to have each team play their division opponents x2 and conference opponents x1, that is.

I'd suggest we leave 3 teams as standby teams, until we get more coaches/teams. Particularly the teams with no games yet and that are a second team by the same coach (to even out the conferences). The main problem is the two teams per coach thing, which is hard to balance, unless it was a mandatory league. Besides... what happens if the same coach wins both the AFC and NFC, do we skip the super bowl?

It would better to be even teams. I think simplest thing to do is to drop the lowest TR teams as unprepared so that the divisions are even.

As for the AFC/NFC champions being the same coach - it never happened before - but it was a near thing with the same coach having teams in both the AFC and NFC championship games. What had been decided before even though it had never happened is that if the same coach wins both AFC and NFC, then they pick the matchup they want against the losing semifinalist. I.e. they decide to use one of their teams and therefore the loser from the other conference gets a second chance.
Wraith

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
It would better to be even teams. I think simplest thing to do is to drop the lowest TR teams as unprepared so that the divisions are even.

The problem with that is you're still left with uneven divisions. You need even divisions, as well as conferences for the structure to be viable IMHO... otherwise you'll have some teams playing more games than others.

Although, if we have two more teams from Necro, than we can just drop the lowest TR AFC team and we'll be ok.... or if he's ok with just making the Undeadskins, since there's not much time to really build two teams by Monday.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The ideal solution would be to have NFC and AFC balance, but if not I don’t see the need to drop anyone. I’ll be doing the playoffs based on W-L record, (top 50% advancing) not points. So in the event of the NFC being down one team, they still have an equal chance of making the playoffs.

True in our format if one conference has more teams then the other it will result in them getting more games. I however don’t think this is justification for dropping someone. Firstly handicaps are in place to even things out. It’s also important to note that more games does not necessarily translate into higher TR. In my experience I’ve found the more games I’ve played, the more my players get killed! :p And lastly with a difference of only one team, the disparities will be minor. If we were to hit a situation where a conference was short 2 or 3 teams I’d look into taking action.

Welcome onboard Necros! There is still plenty of time to build up your new teams, especially if you take advantage of the Elite Challenge rules in the preseason.

(Before someone asks it doesn’t cost Gridiron points to change the format of a preseason game, however both you and your opponent must agree to it.)
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a few days left until the party begins! Be sure to stroll into #NBFL to find a few more builder games, those of you who still need a few. The countdown is on!!!!

Oh man, I'm way too excited for this.
Apojar
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't we wait 1 more week to allow for more coaches to join and pre-season games to be played. I just played a Ranked game against a relatively new coach that will probably join the league.
I also have yet to tell my IRL friends about the league that may join. It seems that with just a week more before the season starts we could have a FULL LEAGUE. All teams could be represented. All teams would have time to reach TR125. And we won't have to come up with some alternate Division plan to balance things out.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to start playing too. I just feel like we are letting our anticipation of all the fun we will have interfere with the process of acheiving the leagues goals. The recruitment thread has only been up for a week.

And as far as UNEVEN Confernces between the AFC and NFC I am still going to pick an NFC team to play. So that should balance things a bit.

What do you guys think... Greenskin Pack Orkz, Nu Ork Giants, Sea Attack Sea Orkz,
Also thinking... St Nurgle Rams, Green Bay Pacters
I was thinking also Waagh Stinktown Greenskins but somebody got that one. And it was passe.

Any thoughts?
eisen

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You make a good point Catalyst but it's important with new leagues to get them off the ground while the motor is still running. That being said I'd love to get a few more teams in. If we can hit the 24 team mark we can do 3 divisions, imho that would make things a bit easier. So tell all your friends to climb onboard! We've got an action packed weekend in front of us and new teams can still get in with time for builders.

Thoes team names are all pretty sweet, but it would be more fun if the Giants were an Ogre team Smile Of course with a Green Bay team we could fill out the old NFC Central. Black and Blue Division FTW!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I debated on an Ogre team called the Ten Or So Titans... but have fallen in love with the Norse lately so I went there instead.

I realize that many teams have made it to TR 125 already. Personally I know I will not have time to train even 1 team to that level by Monday due to IRL commitments. My 2nd team hasn't even been created yet as the recruitment for the league was posted just 1 week ago.

The motor so to speak may be running but I strongly doubt that 1 weeks delay will dampen spirits or cause any dropouts. But having a FULL League will be AWESOME and make this a memorable experience and a kick @$$ league. It's going to be a real GRIND.

But if we must start NOW... I will play Orcs for sure.
eisen

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Elite Challenge my friend. Super quick builders even if you have a RL Razz
RedGhost

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Could I have Green Bay, and Cleveland?
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy Red!
Go ahead and form up two league teams, and get them submitted. If you are first to submit GB and Cleve, they're yours. I would imagine that would be ok, as we don't have any fans of either one playing atm.

Hope to have you aboard!
Apojar
Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Good morning everyone! Apojar here once again to report that all looks good so far for the beginning of the new NBFL season!

We still have a few spots available. The teams that are still available are the following:

NFC
----------
Carolina Panthers
Seattle Seahawks (my boys! Go Hawks!)
Atlanta Falcons
St. Louis Rams

AFC
-----------------
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

I would like to welcome RedGhost, Knightskyy, and Necros to the NBFL, as they have just joined up with their respective teams. Best of luck to all for the upcoming season.

Apo
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I just applied with the... Atlanta Foul Kin ...a Nurgle team.
eisen

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings to all the newcomers! This is an awesome turnout and we'll have 3 divisions per confrence for sure now
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you could set it up as closely as possible to the Old 3 division set up the NFL used to have. That mainly affects teams in the South Divisions I believe keeping the rest relatively intact.

For AFC that puts Colts in Central, Tennessee in West? (or Houston if you want to go by city)
For NFC Tampa Bay goes to Central, Atlanta and New Orleans to the West.
 Jump to: