19 coaches online • Server time: 03:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2010 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i made a whole lot of drawings for this matter... Do they have to be changed in any way?

TaChIkOmA! \o/
asharak

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2010 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

love the lizzies in the public gallery Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2010 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Tesifonte wrote:
I think i made a whole lot of drawings for this matter... Do they have to be changed in any way?

If you read the first page you get the info. Pics a bit smaller in size and some other stuff.
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I work as a painter and artist (but importantly not an illustrator!) I've had a go at sketching some portraits you can see them on my blog.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=51683
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Knut_Rockie wrote:
I work as a painter and artist (but importantly not an illustrator!) I've had a go at sketching some portraits you can see them on my blog.

If you could create a complete set and get some help with colouring then these would be freeking awesome mate, definitely something worth looking into

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and do some more to see if they look right. As was mentioned previously in this thread this is a mammoth task even for a pro illustrator. In my opinion I can do the pencils but digitally colouring will be too much as I simply don't know enough about photoshop to do it efficiently. And don't even mention colouring them the old fashioned way... with real paints... we'd be up to LRB 16 before I finished it Shocked
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Knut_Rockie wrote:

I think those are AWESOME!

I actually don't think they need any colouring either. I would just leave them as line art with transparency and overlay them on the background parchment. I will mock a sample up when I get a chance. This will also make the process much faster not having to worry about colour.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Knut_Rockie wrote:

I think those are AWESOME!

I actually don't think they need any colouring either. I would just leave them as line art with transparency and overlay them on the background parchment. I will mock a sample up when I get a chance. This will also make the process much faster not having to worry about colour.

Honestly, I think that having them all with the same style just in pencil would be great. I don't know how much it would take, but you would have all the community as priests and fanatics of your own religion, with you as the only God in the pantheon.

Seriously, you're talented indeed.

...also, as others have suggested, other artists could color them. It would be even possible to give 3/4 races to each painter, at that point. The important thing is that the style is consistent, so it's the pencil trait that counts.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice portraits, would be great for the default. If you decide not to add colour, would you allow people to customizing them (add colour) to correspond to their team colours?

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2010 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look great Knut. I like the black and white theme and i think Shraaags idea would be great, to leave it open to color in your own teamcolors if you want to.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick and dirty mock up of the portraits. I coloured a version of the blitzer really quickly to give an idea of colour versus b&W.

Image Image Image
adambomb

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:
There are always people with talent, as long as we can accept that not everyone will always agree on the result. (ie. I like my teams fun-looking, while others might like their teams serious-looking).

I would like to see your zons as the standard pics.

No offense to Shraaaag but I would not want to see those as the standard pics. These combined with this looks promising. Personally I like my player pics looking awesome, not goofy-kid-cartoony
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Knut's Blitzer mocked up on the FFB background with Armor color options. I will add the Thrower and Lineman tomorrow.
I would be thrilled to do the colorings for Knut's work if he/fumbbl likes the results, and doing the color options is easy enough if interested.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Preferences full or half body? (We can ditch the grass in the full if it's too much.)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cmelchior

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Knuts pictures are really awesome. I especially like the serious look compared to the usual cartoon style.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow they are amazing, keep up the good work knuts only another 100 to go till we have one for every positional and start player Wink. Seriously though I love them and think I prefer them just in pencil thought the colour ones look very nice too.