13 coaches online • Server time: 03:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ancre

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:

Oh and Macavity I think that this topic and the memories it brings will take me back to FUMBBLafter more than a years absence - if only i could find out how to download the client!
Is it removed?

The FFB client ? No need for that ! You don't have to download anything to play, just have java and you're set.

The other one we can't name because of GW ? Google have it !

Welcome back ! Smile
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
Well Mr Foulscumm I must admit that I beg to differ.

I do like it when people beg. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like a Rookie Assasin is already a complete player that needs no other skills to be effective against ballers and other low AV teams (not that additional skills wouldn't be nice... just not necessary). And against high AV team he can still carry the ball for you as effectively as any other Line Elf... and get his SPPS scoring and Passing in these games.

The Stab attack has no risk involved even if it would be a 2 dice down Block. If it doesn't take out the player you stabbed so what... no big deal.

I fell like the Assassin is a key player that can be used to "read" your opponent and their play style. The way your opponent reacts to the Assassin gives you clues about their strategy and mentality. Some opponents will devote too much time to hitting the Assassin or avoiding the Assassin that he can be useful just by being on the pitch. If they are tending to dodge away from him that's awesome because that Shadowing kicks in. If the tend to try Blitzing him away you can try positioning him where you would like to see their Blitz take place. If they chose to Block him away again you can chose where those Blocks occur. If they ingore him... no big deal.

I was thinking the Assassin would be a good player to give Wrestle to... but have since changed my mind after only a few games. I would go Tackle 1st, Sidestep 2nd, Dodge 3rd. Multiple Block on a Double. But he doesn't need any skills to be awesome. Or maybe the Assassin would make a good Dirty Player with that skill and Sneaky Git.

As much as I like this new positional I get the feeling there isn't much need in having 2 Assassins on the same team. 1 seems to be more than enough... although I have yet to advance a team far enough to even contemplate taking a 2nd Assassin... Too busy adding and replacing Blitzers, Runners and Witches while the Linos keep coming along to play for free.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after realizing that Multi-Block works with stab (and winning a game with my new team), I figure that is a must have on doubles! And the more assassins, the merrier. Why you took Witches first is a mystery to me!

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Why you took Witches first is a mystery to me!

It's because of the chainmail bikinis, I believe !
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
The Stab attack has no risk involved even if it would be a 2 dice down Block. If it doesn't take out the player you stabbed so what... no big deal.

Well I still think it is a big deal. Leaving a player on his feet gives more options to the opponent. But just to add nuance I'll make this concession:

If the alternative is a 1d block or a -2d block, then stab is a good choice (although vs high av teams I would prefer dodging away if possible). But I would never ever* use stab if I get the option of a 2d block or blitz.

*disclaimer: haflings don't count as part of the never ever policy.