35 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Pro elves are awesome! I personally do a better job keeping a pro elves team running compared to a woodie team. I might be biased as I'm mainly a skaven player and play the P-elves as such. Don't cry over killed linemen, or you'll cry a lot, but the mobility they have compared to the skaven is nice. Yes, skaven have +1 MV, but they get tied up in TZ's 'cause no one is scared of a rat (or have access to guards or str4 players), so does the elves but the +ag, and agility access, makes the team easier to maneuver. And the fact that every player is a potential thrower, combined with the awesome catchers, are just too sweet. Also the "bargain" that the linos are only 60K is a great advantage. Pro elves needs some love... Haters! =)
lizvis

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pro elves are like the guy who 'works on his screenplay' on his laptop in the middle of the day at a coffee house.........

let's face it...........

nobody likes that guy
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2011 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

or is it simple jealousy while you have to hurry with your lunch before you have to get back at your office desk to fulfill the tasks your ignorant bosses orders you to do?
Leif

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2011 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, pro elves are great fun, the hardest thing is getting skills on some of the linos.

They break easy though, and the positionals tend to hog all the spps.

Get used to playing shorthanded though, and remember they are only pixels, even if they do get cool hockey masks.

cbbakke

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

7 AV
no treeman.
not fast like wood elves.

Really there is nothing that makes them stand out to me.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

what about the 4 best catchers in the game and 2 players that start with Side Step one of the best defensive skills in the game?

P.S. Play a game here cbbakke

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

When i remember correctly in the minis team also some linos and a thrower wear masks.
RC

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro are fine. They are fun to play with. Hard to defend with... you have to be very aggressive or just let the other coach score in order to make sure that you have enough dudes to score 1 more then him Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Garion wrote:
I always thought they were too low on the cool wall. They look like cyber punk sort of "Shadowrun" characters. They wear hockey masks, have av7 and no one plays them, surely that should put them in sub zero Smile

If only more than 2 of them had hockey masks...

You see this is why we need custom FFB on-pitch icons. My green/black ninja rats are still waiting on it Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Ravenmore wrote:
For me what kills them is the fact that scoring is easy-easy mode and defense is a nightmare. For an average player like me that means 2-3 turns of fun and 5-6 turns of chinese torture every half, watching your team being mangled. Pretty bad ratio.

Trick is that you don't want to score that quickly. You want to extend and delay your fun, so you score anywhere between turn 5 and 8, depending on your opponent... And hopefully steal the ball lightning quick when the opponent wants to start the chinese torture.

Sound advice and I am aware of that. Just that I'm not an amazing coach and against a strong opponent I'm usualy left with little choice: score on T2 or not at all Wink

Also I'm under the impression that Pro's are rather bad at stealing balls and breaking cages. Although if they DO get their hands on the ball, scoring is easy.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Also I'm under the impression that Pro's are rather bad at stealing balls and breaking cages. Although if they DO get their hands on the ball, scoring is easy.

With those Blitzers and Catchers they are very good at stealing the ball - like most Elven teams actually... As long as they still have the numbers and a little bit of luck to pull it off.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fairly new at LRB6 (2 games including a pro elf blackbox game) and didn't get everything yet but if journeymen are free, and if I give a few wrestles, I think that team got a boost.

I'll see if I do better Smile

And I love proelves and whatever if nobody plays them.

ps: I can defend well with them. THEY ARE a pain in the ass (until you cas-ed 90% of the team of course)

I admit HE are a better team tough (but less chalenging and fun).

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Wood Elves stand out for scoring, and Dark Elves for resilience and a bashier running game.

High Elves get the AV8 and Safe Throw to remove some risk, but don't get NoS Catchers or Side Step Blitzers.

I do think Pro Elves are harder to run in the long term, but they're more fun.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:
The Wood Elves stand out for scoring, and Dark Elves for resilience and a bashier running game.

I disagree partly. I'd say pro elves stand out for scoring while receiving, whereas wood elves stand out for scoring while kicking.

The thing for me is that with some development any elven team can have block sidesteppers, or blodge leapers. But NoS catchers is something you can't easily get your hands on normally, and they're ST3 too. =)
Starfire

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2012 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE pro Elves. My favourite team by far.

Note: 4 +AG, 1 +MA, and 3 DOubles have swayed my mind a bit in their favour Very Happy . And that's just the blackbox team!

Starfire
 Jump to: