54 coaches online • Server time: 18:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gpope

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

That's definitely true, but you're never going to end up with a perfectly accurate team matchup formula. There will always be exploitable inefficiencies, so I'd rather see a system that's really simple and "good enough" than a really complicated one that tries to be perfect.

With the right rolls, a 4 skill skink can be a major scoring threat well worth their cost. A skink with 4 regular rolls isn't and I could certainly see tweaking the TV formula further to fix that, but if coaches have to fire the occasional skink or lineman who never got any doubles/stat ups, that's probably within most peoples' acceptable limits to min/maxing.

I mean, I could see giving players with limited skill access pools (whether G-only or A-only or possibly even S-only) and no special skill rolls an exemption to the cumulative price hike I proposed, possibly even a discount (usually by the 4th or 5th General or Agility skill you're down to picking utility skills of dubious value, while elite positionals are stringing together monstrous skill combos that they can use to devastating effect), but I wouldn't consider it a huge deal.
 Jump to: