12 coaches online • Server time: 02:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Niebling

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
What is really fun though is a 4 way cross dungeon dungeonbowl with 4 teams. Only problem with that though, is that 3 teams usually side up and run in against the weakest team.

I've had a few RL games like that, throw in beer and it's top notch Smile

In my old table top liga we called that Mega Dungon Bowl at there was at least one every season and most Of the people where to drunk towards the end to remember who won and how! Goooood fun Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
iirc, there were no substitutions. 6 started, and 1 more joined each turn. So agility teams had a good chance of ending it if they got the ball right away. If they didn't or the bash team got it, then yes it would end up being a slaughter.

Also KO's and I think BH's could come back too so it would be a lot harder to take out a whole team.

Or you could mega bunker up and play on until the entire team was SI or dead. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This would be a smart release if it werent for two big problems...

1) The current dungeonbowl rules are pretty weak. Fun perhaps but they could do with some serious trimming and a tad of balance. 80% of BB rules are just needless complexity when you apply them to dungeonbowl.

2) Cyanide have an awful track record when it comes to creating their own rulesets.

Basicly dungeonbowl needs to be a whole new game and Cyanide dont have the skills to pull that off.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Spubbba that is exactly my point. Some people will do that, and online the game will take forever so loads of ppl will disconnect/concede.
It is great IRL as a fun match but online with griefers urghhh.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be funny to have a few games, but as mentioned rules are far from ok, and would possibly end up being a nightmare to play online.
Like BB, it desperately needed a 'rules committee' to make it right.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I just can't see it making money. A real headscrathcer of a release, in my very humble opinion. Wink

This is the only part of of your excellent post I don't see eye to eye on. I can see it making them money, simply because they have done all the serious legwork on the models and core engine. All they have to do now is build some dungeons and add some new game play code. This can be done on a shoestring budget/team. And the beauty is, with their work ethic and track record, they need not worry about making it bug free or even somewhat decent. They're just painting spots on the same dead horse they keep flogging to the masses, calling it a cow, and milking it for all it's worth.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Niebling wrote:

In my old table top liga we called that Mega Dungon Bowl

Lucky you...I am so poor I could only afford Cellar Bowl, we used old mops and bicycles with flat tyres instead of pricy enchanted chests Sad Sad

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
 Jump to: