15 coaches online • Server time: 04:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Tentacles, Pro or something else?
Tentacles
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Pro
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Pretty sure I would have taken tentacles.

But then again, I'm an elf coach so I may have a higher opinion of tentacles than most.

Honestly, I find tentacles not nearly all that effective with strength 5. Don't get me wrong, it can be HUGE sometimes, but a 3 strength player needs an 8+ (42%) to escape it... Yes, that does mean 58% of the time you don't let them escape but they do escape nearly half the time. If you get +Str (or are vs a 2 str player) it is far more effective needing a 9+ (28%) escape.

I still think tentacles is a very worthwhile skill to take, but it seems to always fail me when I need it to work Smile.

I think it was more effective in LRB4, where it was each coach rolls 1d6 + their strength and you needed to tie or roll higher to escape. That meant with 3 str (vs 5 str) you needed to roll 2 higher than the tentacle player giving a probability of escape of ~28%.

Note:
If Tent rolls 1, need 3+ (67%)
If Tent rolls 2, need 4+ (50%)
If Tent rolls 3, need 5+ (33%)
If Tent rolls 4, need 6 (17%)
Never successful if Tent rolls 5 or 6... Leading to an overall probability of escape of ~28%

So, CRP did greatly reduce the effectiveness of tentacles, basically giving the escaping player +1 Str as compared to LRB4 (in terms of probability).
 Jump to: