55 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post One turn score list
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i think tentecles would work well with th trappers, but if Evo is ademant about keeping that for his own horrers then tackle would be a good alternative. thmscrws this was a very good interpritation i think well done! although i'm hardly a stunty or even a fumbbl buff, this does look like a very well designed team. Although i do agree with peopel above, the ogres shoudl probobly have always hungry because, well, they always are....

"Best Bar in This Street"
Rumplestiltskin

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws that's awesome. I'm in favour of giving the trappers tackle and shadowing instead of tentacles - as magmabeast said, the shadowing is only at ma4, so not overly powerful. I don't see a problem with giving TTM and Always Hungry to all the ogres either.
I think this is obviously a team that should be added to the Leeg asap.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo is now barking up a differant tree for the horors than tentacles so it shouldn't be a problem to leave the trapprs on the team alone. Besides that, pygmies are already the shadowing team so that wouldn't really be an option. I think the best call would be to up there movement to make the team focus on playing ball more. Using the trappers to tie up blizers and the littel Gnoblars to run in tds. Here is a slightly revised list.

**note the team is allowed two big guys TOTAL you just get to pic from a variety of differant ones, like flings**

0-16 Gnoblar 6 1 3 7 Stunty, dodge, right stuff 30k (A)

0-4 Trappers 5 2 3 7 Stunty, dodge, tentacles, right stuff 60k (A)

0-2 Ogre Maneater 5 5 2 9 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Bone Head, TTM, Thick Skull 120k (G,S)

0-2 Ogre Gorger 6 5 1 8 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Frenzy, ttm, always hungary, Thick Skull 130k (G,S)

0-2 Ogre Iron Gut 4 5 2 10 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Stand Firm, TTM, Thick Skull 130k (G,S)

RR-60k
Apoth-yes
Wizard-no

I got a copy of the ogre kingdoms book and was looking over things for ideas on other ogres or new units and came up with a few ideas. Not really sure about these but i figured i'd throw them out there and see what other people think.

Lead Belcher:
Lead Belchers areogres that carry around cannons like they are muskets. Really cool idea for a mini but not sure if they translate into bb well. This is what i came up with, they would be another big boy choice. I'm pretty sure a no hands player can still ttm but not 100% sure. TTM would represent the Gnoblars jumping in the cannon gnome style. Don't know if thats to much like gnomes or not. It is essentially a slower ogre that is really good at TTM. The only passing skill they can use is Pass but i thought they would be to good if you started them with it. Not sure if this is worth it or not but it seems kinda cool.

0-2 Lead Belcher 3 5 3 9 Bonehead, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, TTM, No Hands (G,S,Pa)

Sabertusk:
Sabertusks are essentially massive sabre tooth tigers kept by ogres as a sort of "hunting dog". I was thinking if the team prooves to be way to weak perhaps one of these could be added in addition to the two big boys to toughen the team up. They are obviously a wild animal and i figure RSC fits the fluff since they are sabertusks. This would give the team more bashing ability but the RSC shouldn't be to bad because the low str makes using multiblock more difficult than with a mino or vamp lord.

0-1 Sabertusk 6 3 3 8 Wild Animal, Big Guy, RSC, No Hands (G,S)

Last edited by thmbscrws on %b %12, %2005 - %01:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

In order to make the maneaters more apealing compared to the other ogre options so that there is really a choice between them it might be a good idea to remove big guy from them. This would reflect the fact that they are well traveled and more cultured than other ogres and make them as useflull as the more skilled ogres.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. The big guys are not balanced, BUT WHO CARES! they look fun. I take it two BG + sabertusk. If so I am all for it.
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

In order to make the maneaters more apealing compared to the other ogre options so that there is really a choice between them it might be a good idea to remove big guy from them. This would reflect the fact that they are well traveled and more cultured than other ogres and make them as useflull as the more skilled ogres.

If you did that, you would *definitely* need to give him Always Hungry, if not some other modification (e.g., lost Mighty Blow?). Scratch that- I don't think it would be a good idea at all, as it would allow you to take 2 of them, as well as 2 Big Guys. That would potentially give you 4 ST 5 players, two of whom could use rerolls.

If the Lead Belcher has a cannon, you might want to give him Blunderbuss. I don't think there is a way to limit them to Pass if they have access to passing skills and do not begin with it. Maybe give them Really Stupid, take away Mighty Blow, and give them Pass. I don't know though... this team already has access to some killer Big Guys.

The Sabertusk should be fine as long as it keeps Big Guy status, and the team is only allowed 2 Big Guys total.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think having the big guy trait has anything to do with how many you are allowed to take. I'm pretty sure that coding is based on the player name not it's stats, obviously if the coding is tied to big boy status then they couldn't lose it but that seems kinda silly to me. I never said anything about limiting the passing skills they could take, I just said that they couldn't use any passing skill except pass because they can't pick up the ball. If someone wanted to take accurate they could feel free to waste the skill roll, plenty of idiots take accurate on treeman that roll doubles even though it doesn't do anything. Like i said i don't really like the leadbelcher or the sabertusk i just threw them out there as ideas i didn't put them on the list.

Probably the best idea for making the team stronger without making it broken would be to up the number of trappers from 4 to 6. Much simpler and more elegant than adding the sabertusk imo. I'm not sure if it is needed or not with the move increase.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I don't think having the big guy trait has anything to do with how many you are allowed to take.

I put that in because your roster specifically states 0-2 Big Guys total, and didn't indicate that you would include any non-'Big Guy' large players in that restriction. Just need to change it to "0-2 of the following players".

Whether or not you decide to increase the Trappers from 4 to 6, I'd still vote for giving them Right Stuff... you wouldn't have to increase the price, and they'd be more useful. Just my opinion.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the no right stuff was a typo, thanks for pointing that out also forgot to give the ogres thick skull lol. Embarassed

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Per thmbscrws, the Gnoblar race will be included in the second round of stunty playtesting. One change will be made: Ogre Maneaters will lose the Big Guy trait. I will make the changes in the Compendium.

See my sig for the Compendium and for signing up to assist with playtesting (to begin Oct. 1).

Regards,
~hunter