17 coaches online • Server time: 04:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well, one instance is Bluetooth.

he is a very trustworthy character, and most certainly wouldn;t blacklist someone for no reason. On the other hand, some people are less trustworthy.

But still, there are lots and lots of people who are on nobody's blacklist. So if Blacklisted Charlie offers to play me, and Notblacklisted Bob offers to play me, I'll play Bob.

Sure, the blacklister may not have had a good reason to blacklist Charlie, but then again maybe he did have a good reason. Whereas no-one has ever blacklisted bob, so I'll play him.

I think the odds are best for me getting a good, nice and enjoyable game if I avoid people others have blacklisted. Sure, I'll avoid the odd guy who has been blacklisted wrongly, and miss out on an enjoyable game. But that will be a rare occurance.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately what Funso has reached here is basically akin to predjuce.

It's almost like saying a black man is more likely to break the law than a white man. Might not be right all of the time but chances are........

or that you wouldn't associate with homosexual people because they are more likely to have AIDS

It's just getting a bit ridiculous. You'd have people blacklisting people for putting them on their blacklist! Eventually everyone would be blacklisted!!!

btw no offence intended to you Funso Smile
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And please don't put me on your blacklist Smile
Trog

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me on it.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me on it.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got rid of my "people to remember" list. I dont see the point in it anywho. Its just the t16 foulers that I dont like. I think that there should be some public name and shame page where people who repeadedly t16 foul are put untill they mend their ways.

mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a blacklist

but don;t feel especially compelled to share it

so its in ma head

where none of you will ever get it

NONE OF YOU I TELLS YA
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experiance the admins have no interest in dealing with those individuals that would end up on a black list, and so the only way to inform other players about the few unsportsmanlike people out there is to leave information about them in your Bio.

I only have 2 people on mine one from a personal experiance, one from spectating a match, i also have about 10 people on my "White list" who are extremely fun to play.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My Blacklist... i don't have one. Blacklisting is stupid imho, I try to play as many different people as i can... I might refrain from playing a really slow coach for... a while, because i hate being able to cook dinner, smoke a cig, drink coffee play a game of patience and then watch my favourite telly show before it's my turn again

I will play him again a bit later on, and usually they speed up after a while.. the only form of listing i do is collect funny, or at least somewhat amusing quotes adressed to me Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a blacklist, I was just playing Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't like public blacklists, please
- don't try to argue for censoring info pages to remove blacklists. It's just a bad idea.
- You should try to argue that public blacklists not only unnecessary, but detrimental.

If you do like having your blacklist in your bio, then more power to you. Please consider, however, that you're quite possibly
- limiting your own fun by doing so,
- splintering an already fragmented community and
- maligning some guy simply because you caught him on a bad day.

( Can you believe I spent all damn morning writing a huge post in 5-minute increments whenever I need a break from staring at code? I finally got to the part where I put a summary at the end and realized that I didn't actually need all the rambling... I might as well just get to the point. Oh well. Makes the day go by. )

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
I don't have a blacklist, I was just playing Smile

It looks like I have the biggest public blacklist around Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is actually really fun for me personally because I DO happen to be on a blacklist. I made SergeiBautin's blacklist the first day I was on FUMBBL! I had read all the rules on things, about the reconnecting and disconnecting and such... and I was under the mistaken impression that you could reconnect to a game from which you had disconnected. With that thought, when Sergei disconnected, I sat around for 20 minutes waiting for him to reconnect... when he didn't, I moved on and deleted the team I had made (my team setup stunk -- I think that at that time I didn't understand the importance of fan factor or something).

The admins reviewed things, found that I hadn't done anything wrong, and sent me on my way with a warning about how things worked. I learned from it and became a better player in many regards during those first few weeks -- but it is nice to see that my mistake has been immortalized for all to see. Cheers mate!
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerheim should be removed from any and all blacklists because his avatar is so friggin' awesome.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem: I know from experience that many admins will do something about someone who has been abusive. I have a fun to play list (which is very large), a DNP list (which contains no names), and a coaches who need their dojos dominated list, due to unsportsmanlike behavior (oh and a foul instead of trying to win or tie list). At least one of the names on my list was banned for being abusive to me and breaking some of Fumbbl's other rules (Trog helped out a lot on that one).

Oh, I also have a coaches who drop out of leagues without even having the common decency to contact me list (nice idea from my favorite cursing coach). Running a number of different leagues does make it hard to remember all those who cannot comply with league rules.