42 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
have you ever apologized for getting a casualty?
Yes, all the time
24%
 24%  [ 51 ]
Never
14%
 14%  [ 29 ]
Sometimes
61%
 61%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 207

Bizzy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I appologize to anyone when I injur their player. I mean I dislike having mine hurt (I KNOW ITS A GAME) but still it is something I would prefer not to happen so when I do it, I am like damn sorry for that too happen.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah,

True lords of darkness care not how many of their own fodder fall if the result is the destruction and pain of the enemy.

Free yourself from this weak attachment to your pixelated minions and you will find your power grows!

Win to foul! (That's what the 2nd half stall is all about!)

Foul to win! (Down a player on a drive? even the odds!)

Foul to foul! (What else are linemen good for?)

But always be wise in your fouls. Never make an unimportant foul if it has a chance at costing you victory!

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I fill every team with Claw/RSC/Po ohh and I give them tackle too in case a dodging elf walks by. I say sorry after each cas I make. All in all this gives me the opportunity to say I AM SORRY or just SORRY like 5-9 times in a game I can even stretch it and say I AM REALLY SORRY when I POed your WD and we both hear the enjoyable rip sound. So why do I say sorry? Because it is a ritual that leads to the next cas? Because I like the sound of it SooOoRRyyyyyy……. Because I got an evil heart? Or because well… I don’t know.

The content of this babble is. Let the guy say sorry if he wants to it is not like he is insulting your mother. Don’t say sorry if you don’t want to. Behave children and don’t forget to take claw on every double.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Pau

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah seriously. I do apologize if I actually am sorry, but people apologize by etiquette. stop it please, if you don't feel sorry then don't say you are guys, its lame and feels insulting.
xcver

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

yesterday i played a game and did one foul in turn 3 because 3 dwarves ended up alone beside a lying chaos (after regular blocking) and one hobgoblin who could do nothing else. my opponent began whining like hell (i didnt even breach armour) that fouling is evil and he will never play against me again. what the he..?!? I tried to explain that its BLOOD bowl and that its an integral part of the game and its not that I have dirty players in my team and I only did it because it was opportune. i didnt move all my players there to foul or something....

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh gentlemanly conduct is indeed dying out. Very sad.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I appologise when I foul a player into the kill box.

Jeffro
Thadrin

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

"ouch" for cas that will significantly hurt the oppos team - key players (exception: Wardancers. They get smilies when they get crunched.).
I'll say sorry in the context of "that sucks for you", because we've all been there and it DOES suck...but it is part of the game and you can't feel bad about doing it. Especially if the cas dice are really going against the opponent.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed it can be a bit annoying when your oppenent blocks your av7 guy with hes tackle / MB player for the 3rd time and finaly gets a cas.....uhmmm sorry`??? no your not you been trying to hurt him 3 times ffs
Steve

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the days when I killed someone with my undeadteam, I used to say "thank you". I thought that was propper... He just gave me a zombie after all. Smile
Hiway

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...i am suprised at the response that is post got...125 votes on the poll in less than 12 hours. Sorry if i offended anyone that i have played who apologized to me. I now have a better understanding of why people do and dont.

Thanx to all who have commented and voted on this subject, it is greatly appreciated.
Jazz

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually say something like: "ouch".

And if the player is a key player and gets killed or a bad niggling or trait drop, I also add something like "damn, that sucks" to it.

I do sometimes type "sorry" but that sorry is not meant as a "sorry I did not meant to do that" because, as most people already stated, you do intend to hurt the player you are blocking/fouling. It's in the game. If you cannot take that, go play another game. (Not chess or something, because pieces get killed in chess too, remember? Wink )
My "sorry" is always meant as a "I am sorry for you that that happened to you". It is something different.

BHs are fine by me. Less chance of people using their apo. And that player lives to make life miserable for the next coach to play my opponent. Which is also good.

Jazz
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It is good old blood bowl etiquette. You may remember the ancient dirty tricks cards "sorry" and "sorry, sir".

Freshmetal_

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I kill a player I feel so ashamed that I become a recluse, head to an isolated mountain retreat, become a monk and study the ways of peace for a few years, trying to cleanse my earthly soul of the disgrace.

Actually, thats a lie.

No, really.

I have a general apathy for BH's, SI's (and kills on Dread's teams), but if I kill or niggle an opponent's star player(s), I will apologise as I know that if it happened to me I would be annoyed as I enjoy developing teams. There's no harm in a little sympathetic chatter, it beats whinging anyday.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

There's absolutely no need to apologize. I think anyone who has played my elves knows by now that I don't care much for their well being. Why should the opponent not do the same? They're just elves. They're not immortal. Wink

I will offer my condolences when I kill someone, but otherwise remain silent.