61 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

That was a classic match indeed! I am actually going to stalk Skeloboy until he gives me some lessons in skill rolling. That team is rediculous. That damn Ag4 Bull even broke Meuh's passing record!

Rematch always welcome as you know Cool

Post 19 Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BB rules list Post Match and Pre Match Sequence.

As I understand when agreement is about to be made one would like to see/know the ooponent team shape AFTER the Post Match Sequence.
BEFORE the actual game starts anything that is part of Pre Match Sequence IMHO is not against any Etiquette.

Please notice that working out the TR is a Post Match Sequence step 5. Anything that impacts TR should be made before agreement is made.

So I would be offended Evil or Very Mad if my opponent had changed his team's TR without letting me know BEFORE actual game starts. In such a case I may require a game to be cancelled.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This should be the new, "is fouling part of the game"-thread.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope big difference, fouling is legal, this thread is a question of rules. Chalk and cheese really...
macike

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
This should be the new, "is fouling part of the game"-thread.

There is no need to.

Fouling IS a part of game.
Working out Team Rating IS NOT a part of Pre Match Sequence.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I see it, the post match sequence is still going after you finish a match and doesn't stop untill you start hiring freebooters. So in my book, you could drop 10 K or two, because the post match sequence is still going on. If not, then you shouldn't be able to hire and fire at all. Only after a match for a brief period of time.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
the post match sequence is still going after you finish a match and doesn't stop untill you start hiring freebooters

Ok, no problem. Just let the opponent know what changes are you going to do before hiring freebooters to see if he still wants to face your team.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
Mezir wrote:
So now that we've confirmed that Jan is a filthy star-hiring piece of Bull Centaur excrement, let's BURN HIM! Buuuuuuuuuuuurn! AHAHAHA!

Don't forget about the wizzard Shocked

Still Jan is crap at using the wizz, are't you Jan? Razz

Yesterday I spanked Skeloboy's CDs good. I'm training for our next meeting, you dodgy dorfs!

ps: oh, I am collecting money for our next meeting too... Twisted Evil

Just so he can dumb them in the last minute to gain that crucial handicap!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Schalburg wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
Mezir wrote:
So now that we've confirmed that Jan is a filthy star-hiring piece of Bull Centaur excrement, let's BURN HIM! Buuuuuuuuuuuurn! AHAHAHA!

Don't forget about the wizzard Shocked

Still Jan is crap at using the wizz, are't you Jan? Razz

Yesterday I spanked Skeloboy's CDs good. I'm training for our next meeting, you dodgy dorfs!

Nah. Much better the Zug+Wizard combo. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Schalburg wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

haha well played
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
The way I see it, the post match sequence is still going after you finish a match and doesn't stop untill you start hiring freebooters. So in my book, you could drop 10 K or two, because the post match sequence is still going on. If not, then you shouldn't be able to hire and fire at all. Only after a match for a brief period of time.

Except no true LRB game would be agreed to until all the post match sequence was complete and TR was settled on. Or at least, it sure shouldn't. The league commish would be there to witness the finalized rosters after a game IRL.

It has been suggested in the past to make a 'team ready' button to push after you finish post-match activities, showing the TR is now fixed and you're ready to play again. This would still aloow the normal hiring of freebooters as Pre-match, but not allow TR trimming, a pratcice that, outside of tournaments, I will always ses as cheating.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
MrMojo wrote:

Except no true LRB game would be agreed to until all the post match sequence was complete and TR was settled on. Or at least, it sure shouldn't. The league commish would be there to witness the finalized rosters after a game IRL.

It has been suggested in the past to make a 'team ready' button to push after you finish post-match activities, showing the TR is now fixed and you're ready to play again. This would still aloow the normal hiring of freebooters as Pre-match, but not allow TR trimming, a pratcice that, outside of tournaments, I will always ses as cheating.

Well, we are entitled to our opinios, untill it is officially clarified in the rules.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Even the pre-match secuence is suposed to be made openly usually, the fact that there you can hire everything "secretly" is not LBR (neither really against it also, I think), it's more a matter of organicers, tournaments, and players decision.

...and about changing TR
@Rules: A game is considered to have started at the moment the clients connect. At this point you are committed to the game and must play it out. Note that this includes scenarios where your opponent purchased new players after the mutual agreement to play. This rule does not apply if any of the participants connects with a team other than the one the game was agreed on.

hiring don't change your team (it's pre match secuence), buying players does, like changing your TR (it's a diferent team), but it's explicitly allowed here to buy players (that puzles me, I have to say).
Imo, rules should be clarified regarding this point.

By the way, what about firing your players so the 40 ST limit is surpased (do it with zons vs dwafs and it's good enougth for the how to be a rigt bastard thread Very Happy)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nin, that's been covered on the Right Bastard thread.... multiple times....

Wallace..... Chalk and Cheese are both very much Calcium based, aren't they?

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Nin, that's been covered on the Right Bastard thread.... multiple times....

Wallace..... Chalk and Cheese are both very much Calcium based, aren't they?

What did I said, good enougth for it (didn't claimed to be the first with the idea, I know there are brilliant bastards emougth here Very Happy )
 Jump to: