15 coaches online • Server time: 04:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! Another thread totally and utterly defiled by the trusty "It is called BLOODbowl ffs".

On topic:

When i enter my ranked orcs on the gamefinder and notice that the only teams near me are human, some sort of elfs, skaven, norse or amazon i die a little inside. Just a little.

Why? Because when i ask for a game then at least one of them are bound to reply: "LOL, yeah right, thats a totally unfair offer, you evil danish cherrypicker, bla bla bla or the classic line designed to be cute/clever (which prolly makes him feel r0xx0r) but basically implies that I am lower that shit : "hmmmm, i wonder why i ALWAYS get challenged by BASHY teams the second i lfg with my WE/DE/Skaven/whatever....."

The "....." at the end indicates that it is a rhetorical question so the answer should be evident. And yay it is so.

Because they are there. Not because anything else. Just simply because they are there. Because I want to play. Because i am looking for a game.

Think about it for a second. GameFINDER...LOOKING FOR Game...see the connection? *gasp* omg... he doesn´t ask me because he wants to be mean...he asks me because he wants to play.

Basically i think that all match offers within the rules are fair game and should rightfully be proposed. The person recieving the match offer then has to decide if he wants to play or not. Here comes the tricky part.

Try to answer without implying, hinting, insulting, or in any other way saying that the person asking you is trying to be mean to you. Just answer. And play the meta-game that is open division. It is here. Live with it.

M
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be happy to play against dwarves with my zons .. as long as it were going to be an even match.

I would almost certainly want to have a wizard, which helps rather a lot against slow teams, and would probably want to have 'other advantages' as well (be it number of players, better skills on the players, or whatever). I'm happy to play any match that I think is going to be roughly even, and playing against a lot of tackle just means that you need a little something extra to make the match even again.

On a side note, I don't think that treeless flings could possibly have an even match against dwarves ... it would take a pretty special bunch of flings to last a full match against that much block/tackle.

Quote:
I wondered how long it would take for the Thread to point out the BLOOD on BloodBowl Twisted Evil

how much longer before someone points out the BOWL in BloodBowl Razz

AJStyles

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
AJStyles wrote:
Well I only can take my Bio from my chaos dwarf team to answer the question.

So u don't wanna play against dwarf teams?
Ok, than turn off your computer, take off your pink gown, go to bed, start to cry and wait till your mama comes to take care for you.

Sorry but I don't have any respect for a coach who's afraid of dwarf teams just 'cause their look to violent just. Just think about the name of the game, it's called freakin' BLOOD BOWL! It contains the word BLOOD! And if u don't want to get hurt than join chess-sissys.com and be happy with that.

I got other teams too and they played against dwarf teams too, and of course some of the team members got their @$$€$ kicked but if you're a good coach u can play them off and avoid a bad injuries.

If I offended somebody than I'm sorry for that, but I'm frustrated about people who're too scary to loose a match.

So does that count the same for Goblins avoiding Dwarven games, 'cos my Goblins get alot of offers Razz

I wondered how long it would take for the Thread to point out the BLOOD on BloodBowl Twisted Evil
Of course it's not countin for everybody but as GorTex said it's really pissing me off to ask about 3000 people if they want to play against my CDs until I finally find one brave guy who isn't afraid to get a lil punched around the field.
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Basically i think that all match offers within the rules are fair game and should rightfully be proposed. The person recieving the match offer then has to decide if he wants to play or not. Here comes the tricky part.

My thought here is totally off topic, but Id like to see it REQUIRED that both teams be on gamefinder in order for a match to be played. Too many cherry pickers merely hover "above" gamefinder looking for prey to appear and then pounce, without allowing themselves to be listed as possible prey.

(note : not accusing you Mith, just using your last quote as a jumping off point)

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well I must say that alltough some tend to see me as a cherrypicker I have come to the conclusion that either ya challange or ya get offered uneven games. Could be that me view of an uneven game is screwed, well for a while I accepted every challenge, this ended up me playing vs 5 - 6 blodgers without tackle all day or similar. Well its not my idea of fun, but since fumbbl is for everyone I´d say let em play the way they want, and leave for me solid cherrypicking, where I can play games whichever I find enjoyable. And I my book zons should play both dorfs and cds. atleast at round tr 150 or so where they start to get a whole bunch of blodgers, but most zon coaches rather play that tackless elfcoach who have no idea what he´s getting into, all he sees is the av7 and not ag4, pretty similar to eleves playing FF25 chaos in my book. But hell let em play, but spare me ya comments on what a jerk I am, cuz even I could beat csontis tr100 gobbos with a tr250 dorf team but I rather get me ass kicked in a fair human vs cd game against mithrilpoint Smile. Well thats me five cents go ahead start the namecalling cuz I am what I am
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

On the topis of cherrypickers hovering over gamefinder:

I always say to a challenger without a team in the gamefinder to put it in there. Rarely will they decline. If they do, well...

On zons vs dorfs.

I've played zons with my dorfs and yes it's a beating, at least if you have several mightblows in your pocket. But I repeat, dorfs are not unbeatable, not even with zons. If you're good enough, you'll play anyone with flings and win. It's just simple as that. I'm not good enough to play zons vs dorfs and I thought that zons basically suck, untill I started to play them in Ladder, which is great and

GO AND JOIN LADDER, NOW!

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs are one of the two races that "rediscovered" Blood Bowl (orcs the other one). The tow races even stopped their war, just to play the game. For some reason some theirladies from across the sea wanted to try it out. Think its only fair that they get their faces bashed in by Dorfs every now and then, to keep them in place

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

question though
where do amazons come from.. why arent they in the warhammer world?

stupid team.
Satans_mechanic

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

they come from it being a game predominantly played by males (mostly... and don't you all flock to the girls who do play, go on admit it) Wink

It is a "fantasy" game after all, what fantasy is complete without scantilly clad women?
Considering we're talking about scantilly clad women being beaten by short hairy men it's obviously a kinky fantasy, but hey...

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

no they were created cos jervis loves giving dwarf something to hit
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets not get silly about this. Entering a match versus dwarves with an amazon team basically turns your gals into a bunch of thralls/hobgoblins without the support of better positionals.

Of course it's possible to win, but you need to be very luck to do it. At equal TR/TS challenging amazons with dwarves is an unequal match up. End of story.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I can play your CD´s mr AJ. Wink And I will crush you... ha ha hahaaaa

Dwarves are always scary, whichever team you play with. You can drop a bloody nuke in their lines and a couple of stunned is still all you get...
xlars

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mully. Putting your teams on game finder brings you a lot of stupid and unfair offers that you would have to decline. Hovering above game finder allows you to make the stupid and unfair offers. Once in a while some one will say yes:-) I tend to say yes when I'm on game finder. So I'm not there so often, otherwise I would get killed Smile
-XL

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

2 points:

1-Why dwarves challenges zons: hey that's easy, their wifes have beards, so it's normal they are interested in playing hot girlies.

2-It's BLOODbowl: oh yes it is. You average ork or dwarf coach that complains about BLOODbowl. I have intention to create in R a claw, RSC team + 2 DP made to win by maiming (and be sure I'll use them). I hope you won't forget your BLOODbowl argument.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

AJStyles wrote:
Well I only can take my Bio from my chaos dwarf team to answer the question.

So u don't wanna play against dwarf teams? .

...bla bla bla. Yet another one not caring for or understanding the topic.

Disciplin, people!
Please take time to read and answer to the topic rather than off-topic remarks. I really think this is a question that could use an explanation and I haven't found one on Fumbbl yet.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
 Jump to: