31 coaches online • Server time: 18:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Draft League Expansi...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh* what's with the recent influx of martyrs?

tighearnan....your concerns would have been *MUCH* more welcomed, had you not gone about publicy insulting a large portion of the community....hell i even felt the same way you did when i first started playing here, i went postal in the irc channel on *numerous* occasions about stallers, foulers, one-turners...hell i still do on occasion out of frustration...

but i don't go about calling the public "ignorant children" and neanderthals, just because they employ tactics that i don't like....and if i do happen to do that, l'll openly accept whatever public bashing that i take, because i deserve it....

when you make blanket statements, insulting not just one person, but a large majority of the people on here, you cannot even think that you won't get some sort of backlash.....it's not an issue at all of us frowning on things, or only acceptaing spam threads...

it's a basic fact that we don't like being publicly insulted....

most of society is that way......get used to it...

--j

ImageImage
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Anyway, just to let you know, childish behavior is not about the actions taken but most of the time about the reactions from actions received. ... .. ...

I never thought of you as a poet before Wyrm..

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know... One of the best chances an elf team has of winning against dwarves is to stall. It is common knowledge that the dwarves will be aiming for one touchdown in each half, if you can stall long enough (when receiving) to make sure that they do not have enough time to score, there is a much better chance of winning than if you score as soon as you can.

With evenly matched teams, you will rarely see a score-line above 2-1 either way for a dwarf vs anything match.

This is just a friendly reminder that it's not just the bashers that need to be able to stall to win -- learn how to stall, it is vital if you want to be able to win against a range of teams.

Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Happens when I have time to waste, and when Im in the mood.

And since some people are taking numbers to bash on me for another thing, I thought fitting to send back some of this bashing to one deserving such
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Tig was just venting guys. I say we all share a PIE together and let it be bygones.......

Peace,
__Synn
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like Pie
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Confession of a staller:
I love stalling. Time management is THE key to the game - no matter what race you play. Having the oportunity to stall shows that you outplayed your opponent. You control the field and chose when to score at will. Contrary when I am playing defense, I try to make sure, that the opponent has to pay each turn he tries to stall with a blitz on his ballcarrier - preferably 2d. But for some reason I get rarely stalled against. There are lame stalls indeed - when the opponent gets ultra lucky on the armor/injury rolls and you are outnumbered by a huge amount from the start on. But those are rare occasions. Being stalled against while having 8+ players on the pitch means you have been outplayed and need to focus more on the ball. That`s just a fact.

As I read the gamereport in the opening post, I guess what really pissed him off was the fact that he was being a nice sport and reloaded multiple times and tried to recreate exactly instead of being a dick and saying "I didn`t see anything before the game crashed." Still - stalling is part of the game. I does not hurt your team, it just hurts your ego, because you realize that you cannot do shit against it. If he would have fouled you excessivly though he had clearly won the match - THAT`S a whole different can of worms - preferably one we don`t open in this thread.
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I spoke to Tig privately and he understands that.

__Synn
Tighearnan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Circular hit the nail on the head. I apologize to those I offended with my blanket statements I was fresh from the game and frustrated. I will control my ranting in the future and certainly not make it public like this.

/serves pie or appropriate dessert confectionary to all Smile

Well off to improve my defense.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

circ, you dirty fouler....quit fouling everyone with your fouling ways, fouler...

--j

ImageImage
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

/me fouls shadow
Take that!

And now lets lock the thread before it mutates to a "To foul or not to foul..." thingy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ow!!!! you fouler!!! stop fouling me!!!! god why do people have to foul???

--j

ImageImage
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

On a more practical note Tig, my advice is to cherry pick (in the nicest possible sense).

I'm of a similar mind to you in that I don't like excessive stalling more particularly in a 'fun' game where's there is nothing on the line - tournaments are a different matter. Now everyones idea of 'fun' is different, but if your version is running/passing/scoring then only take games where your opponent has a team that will do the same. If you play vs elves or skaven or the like, they are very unlikely to stall. If you want to avoid stalling don't play vs Orcs/Dorfs etc.

[edit] I understand this particular match is probably the exception that proves the rule - just cause someone plays skaven, doesn't mean they won't stall of course, as in this match [/edit]

Likewise if you like to destroy teams (some people do Sad ) play against other teams sporting lots of DP's/claw etc and have at it. At least you'll know what to expect.

If you play woodies vs Orc's/Dorfs, you should expect to be stalled so unless you know the coaches history, don't take the game.

It's cherry-picking, but so what? You (and hopefully your opponent) both get a game you enjoy. And that's what matters - to me at any rate, and by the sounds of things, for you too.

Some of the folks who've been here a while are a bit curmudgeonly - if you keep it nice they will too (and where they don't they're the ones making asses of themselves).

Things will improve - the stalling/fouling etc won't, but your acceptance of it probably will Smile
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is absolutely valid. There is no other chance to win a game with lets say dwarf vs Elfes cause they can easily score in two or even one turns. Dwarfs normally cant. Really canĀ“t understand this discussion.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yawn... other one of these rants with shadow stealing the spotlight. It's mine, you hear! It's mine!

Jump to: