75 coaches online • Server time: 21:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harald

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur wrote:
Have you ever seen a soccer match there both teams starts stalling atm the ref blow his whistle.
-Buur
ยจ

Yes! World Cup 1986 or so. Both team would go to the playoffs if they played nil - nil and they did after kicking the ball around for 90 minutes. Can't remember which teams it was.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against people who threaten to foul me. Fouling is ok, but threatening to foul is plain stupid. Smite me down.
DanTheMan

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt that Chelsea would keep their audience if they spent 30 min each half doing nothing but pass the ball between the defenders. Like I said some stalling is ok, but some coaches can spend more than half a game stalling.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

DanTheMan wrote:
I doubt that Chelsea would keep their audience if they spent 30 min each half doing nothing but pass the ball between the defenders. Like I said some stalling is ok, but some coaches can spend more than half a game stalling.

That's probably because Chelsea would hardly benefit from passing the ball in between the defenders - chances are they'd be better of trying to score.

Honestly I haven't seen a valid arguement from your side that makes stalling abhorent. Fine - some people find stalling boring but that can be said about any single thing in the game. If you don't like people stalling find the coaches you know share similar views and stay away from tournies.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn, I'll play your kittens right now with my humans--A little thing like down 35 TS doesn't scare me. Does Wednesday work for you?
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

See you then.

__Synn
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DanTheMan wrote:
I doubt that Chelsea would keep their audience if they spent 30 min each half doing nothing but pass the ball between the defenders.

The main reason they wouldn't do this is because their opponents wouldn't let them: they would press their back four, and eventually force mistakes. In other words, what stops them from attempting this tactic is the quality of their opposition. In essence, the same applies in BB: between roughly evenly-matched teams and coaches (who are paying attention to the ball), stalling for an entire half is something of a rarity.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling = fine. It's YOUR job to put enough pressure on people so they can't lay back and stall - hate them? Play defense better!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

DanTheMan wrote:
It's just because I don't like it. And I don't like it cause it's way too slow. You get 10 seconds of action for every 5 minutes of waiting. Of course that is somewhat exaggerated, but the effective play time is 1 hour, while it takes about 3 hrs to get through a game. Also, it's not very fun knowing that a large part of the players are more or less steroidusers. But I must say that it's fun to play, but sadly, not to watch.

Maybe I should have said that I don't see american football as a good spectator sport.

ok fair enough...*that* i can agree with....

but then again, i used to hate watching it...i forced myself to sit down and watch a few games over a few weeks, for my fantasy team, 2 years ago, and *really* enjoyed it....guess it's just different for each person

--j

ImageImage
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we see some more challenges.... Rather than turning this thread into yet another "stalling as a tactic" thread...... i would like to see some genuine grudges laid out. Have you suffered a loss recently that stings you? Want revenge?

CALL THEM OUT!

__Synn
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just realized I'm working Wednesday instead of Monday--Synn how bout moving it up to tomorrow?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

since I dig old thread (well not me, Plorg), I cannot stand players that:
-play nude and insist on turning on the webcam (except Montagne)
-eat chips and type "scrontch scrontch" in the log to let me know it.
-doesn't type back when I know they are laughing out very loud to the tremendous joke I did (since *I* did it)

I thought you had to know. Invaluable input from. Thanks for listening.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

People Beating Me Whats that all about . Just have the decency to sup it up and lose good and proper .

Okay I know stalling is a bit annoying , but i dont mind it . What really narks me off is people stalling for a draw when theres still 4 turns left .Against a team you have just kicked to and managed to win the ballback once already . Its just pure cheeseness.
People who tell you the odds of something failing everytime one of their actions failed.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

People that take 7 minutes to take a turn are my Grudge, unless it's Phone / Front Door / Wife issues etc...

Also, people that drop out of tournaments half way though !
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Grudges:
Prinz: For beating me when I am the better coach. You know it is true.
Synn: For not retiring my dwarves and just beating them.
Emphasy: For making losses entertaining
Texan: For not playing me yet.
Macavity: See above and for being a CFL fan.
Unranked Players You know who you are, the ones that hate on Ranked. Suck it up and either play or don't but don't try and make ranked into unranked. Difference is good. 2 divisions is good.
Sk8bcn For being French and for having a confusing name. If it isn't Skate Bacon then it doesn't make sense.
Mr. Slow Player Dear Sir, Please speed up. your 7 minute turns are bad enough, but saying you just either "smoked some weed" or "drank some beer" or "dropped a deuce" is not a good reason.
Mr. Staller If you don't like watching me foul your little players, you may want to score.
PizzaMogul For this game when you showed me that you can foul AND stall. You killed a werewolf in the funniest foul ever, almost a casual drive-by. You sir are an inspiration. Of course, I will get you back.
The Jerks that specced my Exploding Cupp game IT WAS MY FIRST STUNTY GAME YOU JERKS!!!

If I left anyone out, let me know, I will gladly put you down.