13 coaches online • Server time: 07:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

well done torso. love it with screenshot Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

it's not always that simple though...

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The short version of Newbie's Guide to Dirty Player:

A) Get one (or more)
B) Use it

Getting rid of oppo's key players will win you games Smile
Synn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Diving Tacklers:

Beware dodgers with Stand Firm. I have caught both Kfoged and Borgen DT'ing my SF Blitzer as he escaped. End result...... Badly Hurt Diving Tacklers due to foul.

__Synn
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the tips.

As a committed Elf player I accept that a lot of opponants will use every opportunity to reduce my numbers. I don't like getting fouled but I understand why I get fouled and I chose to use elves.

What I really hate is not being able to get any revenge when I've been fouled down to half strength the games clearly over and my opponants is just trying to destroy my team.

Hopefully with these tips I should be able to avoid that situation.

Still don't think I can bring myself to foul first. It's just not cricket!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Refusing to play against Dirty Player is plain simple cheating.

Hahahaha it becomes obvious that BigMac has no idea what he is talking about and simply is trying to put exclamation points at the end of his idea's in order to make them proof. "I am right! I am! You guys are cheaters!".

Sk8bcn has already intelligently shown the nonsense behind the idea that picking your opponents is somehow cheating. "Wow a TR300 team just challenged my new Halfling team, but I better play otherwise I am cheating and developing a different skill set to all those who develop their teams on the off chance that someone with a far superior team will challenge you". Obviously a ridiculous example, but everyone picks their games, a recovery game will have you looking for a weaker team, if you TS is way down you will try to find a side that matches. If you think dirty player is broken, therefore do not take it yourself, you have every right to avoid those who use a lot of it.

Dirty Player IS analogous to camping, one turn scorers are not because they are VERY hard to develop. (If dirty player was a trait 99% of all problems would disappear) It is hitting the game at a weak point. But the real difference is that it is easy to avoid Dirty Players, you just don't play them. Camping is different.

For the record I will play teams with dirty player, but not teams with more then one dirty player.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way I think there is a massive difference between dirty player and fouling! Fouling is a natural part of the game and I have never had a problem with opponents who foul their heart away. Dirty player is different, for all those reasons stated in the article below I am sure everyone has read

http://fumbbl.com/help:ShepherdOnFouling

(Yes I am aware the irony that shepard doesn't like fouling yet I am saying it is okay and using his article to further my point about dirty player-fouling)
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Flynn wrote:
i think the "camping" of bloodbowl is one turn scoring with 10 ma sprint sure feet
thats the only truly undefendable tactic
fouling can be prevented or at least blunted through smart play, but the defense against one turners is to set up a bad defense that has a tacklezone wall in front of the endzone

fouling is powerful, but i wouldnt rank it up there with camping

Love one turners, hate foulers, I can beat and do use one turners find foulers difficult and rarely foul, different strokes for different folks, it's why the games popular and very frustrating at times.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Dear Diving Tacklers:

Beware dodgers with Stand Firm. I have caught both Kfoged and Borgen DT'ing my SF Blitzer as he escaped. End result...... Badly Hurt Diving Tacklers due to foul.

__Synn

hahaha! I did that once in a TT game Smile

I hope this is in the Right Bastard thread

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

tadgoraucymru wrote:
Thanks for all the tips.

As a committed Elf player I accept that a lot of opponants will use every opportunity to reduce my numbers. I don't like getting fouled but I understand why I get fouled and I chose to use elves.

What I really hate is not being able to get any revenge when I've been fouled down to half strength the games clearly over and my opponants is just trying to destroy my team.

Hopefully with these tips I should be able to avoid that situation.

Still don't think I can bring myself to foul first. It's just not cricket!

It's not about optimizing fouling in all cases - it's about minimizing your opponents chances to get in a good foul. That doesn't mean you have to foul at all - in fact I've gone many a won game without fouling while being fouled over and over again.

DP and fouling does not = Win!

Get the ref is a hole nother dimension of idiocy.
Meech

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, the threat of a foul is somethimes enough to change an outcome of the game. More times than not I have surrounded a downed star when a I can't stop the T.D. +6 to armor and +2 to injury does wonders to speed up a stall.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Although an injury caused by a foul doesn't award any spp's, doesn't it still count as a team casualty for the +1 on the fan-factor roll (when getting two casualties)? Or am I mistaken in my reading of the rules?

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Although an injury caused by a foul doesn't award any spp's, doesn't it still count as a team casualty for the +1 on the fan-factor roll (when getting two casualties)? Or am I mistaken in my reading of the rules?

Yes it does

No you are not mistaken

So remember people - make that T16 foul for the good of the team Wink
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

tadgoraucymru wrote:
Flynn wrote:
i think the "camping" of bloodbowl is one turn scoring with 10 ma sprint sure feet
thats the only truly undefendable tactic
fouling can be prevented or at least blunted through smart play, but the defense against one turners is to set up a bad defense that has a tacklezone wall in front of the endzone

fouling is powerful, but i wouldnt rank it up there with camping

Love one turners, hate foulers, I can beat and do use one turners find foulers difficult and rarely foul, different strokes for different folks, it's why the games popular and very frustrating at times.

Dude, your Nickname is impossible to spell ^^

Ok listen: if you play your first turn against, say, kehmri, and you see they have 4 dirty players and 4 mummies... YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL NOT FOUL YOU UNLESS YOU FOUL FIRST?...
Hell no! Foul! get dirty players! take out everything and anything that might hurt your team. It has to be a balanced effort. Using a blitz "just" to knock over a dirty player costs you offence or even defence. But Blood Bowl is as much about hitting as it is about scoring. The balance of the game comes with "inferior ballplaying races" causing enough distraction for "superior ballplaying races" to mess something up once in a while.
For example alone having a dirty player on the field is an insurance. Your opponent is good advised to waste a couple of fouls on this guy, and keeps your positional players from becoming his first target. Fouling a dirty player may KO him, which gives you a couple of "safe" turns!
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Quote:
Refusing to play against Dirty Player is plain simple cheating.

Hahahaha it becomes obvious that BigMac has no idea what he is talking about and simply is trying to put exclamation points at the end of his idea's in order to make them proof. "I am right! I am! You guys are cheaters!".

Sk8bcn has already intelligently shown the nonsense behind the idea that picking your opponents is somehow cheating. "Wow a TR300 team just challenged my new Halfling team, but I better play otherwise I am cheating and developing a different skill set to all those who develop their teams on the off chance that someone with a far superior team will challenge you". Obviously a ridiculous example, but everyone picks their games, a recovery game will have you looking for a weaker team, if you TS is way down you will try to find a side that matches. If you think dirty player is broken, therefore do not take it yourself, you have every right to avoid those who use a lot of it.

Dirty Player IS analogous to camping, one turn scorers are not because they are VERY hard to develop. (If dirty player was a trait 99% of all problems would disappear) It is hitting the game at a weak point. But the real difference is that it is easy to avoid Dirty Players, you just don't play them. Camping is different.

For the record I will play teams with dirty player, but not teams with more then one dirty player.

OK i will explain one more time:

A wood elf team that picks "toughness" skills is less funky than a wood elf team that picks "funky" skills.
So, while the tough WE team plays accepting the rules, the funky WE team plays using a house rule that removed the dirty player skill.

Unless you play exclusively against other teams that have a "do-not-play against dirty player policy" in a seperate division, you are cheating.

You'r coach ranking (your ability to win games) was accomplished using a house rule. Cheater.
 Jump to: