57 coaches online • Server time: 21:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord-Willi wrote:

@Kaz: You might not Dodge out of a tackle Zone before you make the Block because Wild Animal always have to Block if they're in a tackle Zone !.

A Wild Animal has to block if he's next to a standing player, regardless of Tackle Zone (i.e. bonehead ogre). Break Tackle would be good for pushing twice, then moving away.

A rat ogre assists just fine. It is only when the RO is throwing a block that he's on his own. Helping others, or being helped when he's being blocked are both legal.
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My Bro's Troll slayer has Pass block.
Cheesy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a tree with pass block
Kaz

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:

A Wild Animal has to block if he's next to a standing player, regardless of Tackle Zone

I was under the understanding of a WA in a TZ needs to block or blitz, but may blitz and move away without blocking first (and blocking later on).
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave me human catcher dautless once, people kinda laughed until he BH an ogre once.
Gave a catcher guard, everyone thought that was wierd too, but a 8ma guard is sweet when you need an assist.

Leader on any player is silly.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaz wrote:
psikobunny wrote:

A Wild Animal has to block if he's next to a standing player, regardless of Tackle Zone

I was under the understanding of a WA in a TZ needs to block or blitz, but may blitz and move away without blocking first (and blocking later on).

This is less than clear. It's something they are requesting clarification of during this years rules review.
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
I gave me human catcher dautless once, people kinda laughed until he BH an ogre once.
Gave a catcher guard, everyone thought that was wierd too, but a 8ma guard is sweet when you need an assist.

Leader on any player is silly.

Catchers with dauntless rocks! Only silly people can laugh about that. Shocked

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

RubenG wrote:
Kick for a thrower .... no comment

My throwers on both my skaven teams have kick. It works because they are already in the back. anyway, it works for me.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would use kick on a thrower, always have a safety thrower with block on my teams to get the ball and move it on turnovers. Better than giving it to a blitzer or linemen who has to go on the line anyway.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
This is less than clear. It's something they are requesting clarification of during this years rules review.

I think it's pretty clear:

If a standing WA is adjacent to a standing player from the opposite team then they must take a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player. (LRB p. 26)

So, they cannot take a blitz, dodge away from any adjacent players and throw the block at someone else, as Kaz suggested.
Spyrer

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The funniest one I have ever seen... not sure who is the player... is one of those Gnomish Cannons (that have the Blunderbuss trait) with Hail Mary Pass... lol
gophur

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor wrote:
Actually, I have seen a Kroxigor with Leader! What a waste of a double on a Big Guy LOL!

actually leader wouldnt be that bad for the krox if leader worked correctly. You should be able to use the leader rr for BGs Razz (or used to anyhow...we dont use the lrb for tabletop so I dont follow it....)
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh ooh gutter runner with break tackle now that would be a laugh

XXXtreme ball with added XX
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

stip ball on a human catcher isnt that bad if you have dauntless and block to back it up!!! Smile

i like the idea as well!
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheesy wrote:
I saw a tree with pass block

Actually a tree with pass block and break tackle would be cool! Just think about having 3 extra squares to move, taking you right into the action! 3 squares is one more the he usually has Very Happy... but then he could get dodge on the double or sure feet...

OK i agree: It is silly!

Jump to: