28 coaches online • Server time: 14:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, on my way!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

momfreeek wrote:
I like to see teams play in character. I find elves who foul other elves quite contemptible (dark elves excepted). However, skaven teams should stick the boot in whenever they can. Especially on T16 when there is no time for retribution, what better time is there to foul? Surely its the perfect opportunity to cause a bit of pain.

Wouldnt pro-elves feel that fouling high elves was acceptable as there all stuck up rich gits who nobody loves ?
Wouldnt everyone foul a wardancer as they are chaffing anoying
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

momfreeek wrote:
I like to see teams play in character. I find elves who foul other elves quite contemptible (dark elves excepted). However, skaven teams should stick the boot in whenever they can. Especially on T16 when there is no time for retribution, what better time is there to foul? Surely its the perfect opportunity to cause a bit of pain.

I totally disagree with in-character playing. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
momfreeek wrote:

Wouldnt pro-elves feel that fouling high elves was acceptable as there all stuck up rich gits who nobody loves ?

I'd rather think the pro elves would prefer to beat the high elves with the ball. Even their animosity wouldn't let them foul on turn 16 which would drag their honour into the dirt.

Emphasy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I only t16 foul when:

1. Its PeteW
2. Its a finnish guy as i know they love me:)
3. People spend all game trying to kill my team, then i know they like it!
4. if i got em blacklisted as my blacklists are a reminder to better foul once too many than once too little... haha:)
5. If people made stupid posts like "why fouling is a bad thing" "dont stall on me" etc:)
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:

They may be a bit stuck up, but thats no reason to go around stamping on their heads! The best way to humble them is to give them a good fair trouncing.

Tophat wrote:

My elves would never foul such a beautiful creation Wink
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In truth .
Im unlikely to foul anything , but its mainly because I fear retribution Embarassed But turn 16 is usually a Khama thing .
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

LAST FOUL (tune of "Last Kiss", recently re-popularized by Pearl Jam)

Oh, why oh why did my player die?
It was the last turn, you didn't have to try!
The game was over, so you ought to be good
Stop trying to hurt my players once they've hit the ground.

We were playing a game in the fumbbl way
It's my favourite place to play
I'd scored and I'd killed, cause he was a noob
Even said sorry, didn't want to be rude
He couldn't win, so I set everyone back
I'll never thought that he would attack
The kicking foot, busted head
Then suddenly my Ogre was dead.

When I looked up, the game was done
and suddenly I didn't think it was fun
Something warm rollin' through my eyes
I'd lost my Big Guy and I'd started to cry
I started to curse, called him a butt-hole
"Hey buddy, chill out. It's called BLOODbowl"
I screamed out loud, I started a thread.
Someone must care that my player is dead
But he's still gone, though some agree
I lost my Ogre, when he fouled me!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

momfreeek wrote:

this strengthens my role play vs strategy argument

put in the boot when ever you can
especialy if the coach leaves only 3 guys on the line
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

smashyahelmut,

In most leagues T16 foul is normal, as you are probably going to meet that team again and most likely in a tournament setting. Additionally, your opponent is a friend whom you talk and laugh with for hours while playing.

Most games played here are against strangers and usually the two teams won't play each other again. Therefore fouling on the last turn (preventing opponent from recipicating) can be seen as spiteful when done without reason.

Yes, it is a fanasty game, but many don't see that as an excuse.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
smashyahelmut,

In most leagues T16 foul is normal, as you are probably going to meet that team again and most likely in a tournament setting. Additionally, your opponent is a friend whom you talk and laugh with for hours while playing.

Most games played here are against strangers and usually the two teams won't play each other again. Therefore fouling on the last turn (preventing opponent from recipicating) can be seen as spiteful when done without reason.

Yes, it is a fanasty game, but many don't see that as an excuse.

look i see your point im just saying i think its a gutless act on the last turn for your opponet to place only 3 guy on the line leave the others out of reach and get ants in your pants when i foul

i mean what do i block 3 times and say drat didnt hurt him
smashyahelmut

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i get just as narky when they leave your team with no other option but to foul
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well smashyahelmut, there's nothing wrong to roleplay.
If you act as bad guy, though, you should be prepared to read your nick on several black lists. Smile

Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

smashyahelmut wrote:

i mean what do i block 3 times and say drat didnt hurt him

Yes. If there is no possible advantage to doing other-wise, what does fouling show? That you resent losing? I only would foul on the last turn when playing PaulHicks or to kill an abomination, which I would explain to the coach in good fun first.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I never get tired of mentioning this story: The match was Elves versus Chaosdwarves. The CDs had been fouling the whole match long, then stalled to the final turn and then set up with Bullcentaurs on the edge of the line, so that in the last round my elves could neither score nor efficiently block some linefodder. Quite logically I blitzed one of the bulls. The other guy said "gg", but I wasn't done yet. I surrounded him and fouled the bull for a niggling injury - the just punishment for a game of fouling and stalling. The other coach whined about how unfair turn 16 fouls are and that he would never ever play me again. Of course he still offered to play my elves with his DP loaded Khemri team a few weeks later, but refused all sensible matchups.

Usually I won't start the fouling war, but once the genie is out of the bottle, I don't see why I should put it back in on turn 16.
 Jump to: