31 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Astarael

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
He effectively announces that he will disc if you hire a star.
He effectively runs a team that will never be fouled by a dirty player.

If he disconnects after both people are connected to the client, then he is breaking the rules and report it.

If he chooses not to play your team don't waste your time whining about it, get back on the bus and get another game. Plenty... Fish... Sea.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabl0658 wrote:
when i first saw the title of this topic, i was half expecting a link to my khemri team, but what i was just shown is far worse

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Retroperspectively, we should be grateful for BigMac's initial post. Many hilarious replies in this thread, which is clearly above average and worthwhile! Very Happy
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So, it's you who is defining what is worthwile Wink ?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't mock the cake, unworthy crumble! Twisted Evil
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry BigMac, you usually have a point in your posting, but this one was way off target.

WhinySpleenmasher saves time, because you know if you can challenge him or not.

FREE is the keyword in ranked. (Which has come to mean PICKY, but that's another story...)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If that guy makes you going wild, just challenge him, and buy a star after the match agree Smile he, then, must play you Very Happy and then you can hire a dirty player star Very Happy like Lord Borak

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well all i'm saying is that ranked is not the place to set up more barriers than absolutely necessary to find a game.
When a matchup is reasonable, you should feel obliged to accept it. This way it becomes a comptitive, exiting environment.

People who have an agenda for their teams should run those teams in unranked.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

With the current "not required to accept challenges" system in ranked,
stating in advance that a team will refuse certain challenges is a time saver.
As a coach with lots of DPs, I appreciate knowing it is not worth my time to send a challenge.
farung

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I love you all, flowers!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Mac... Riddle me this...
Every time I put my 231/201 Amazon team on gamefinder; 1-4 Dwarf teams (with TS between 200 and 250) usually challanges me.
I always refuses to play them (and most often get called a coward or sometimes a cherry picker, strange since that is exactly my thoughts concerning the other coach).

Should I also be banned for doing this?
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Banned, no.

But a spanking is in order :p
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

did i mention ill play anyone when im back ;o

bring your dps plxkbye ;p

in fact bring your freinds dirty players too ;p

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If information on a team bio is resulting in agreement of in-game tactics, then all of the following should be banned:
1. Any teams that belong to a group eg Rat Race, SVE. These groups are out to kill players. If you know this, you are agreeing to this in game tactic.
2. Any teams with unbalanced stats eg ag4 with av7. If you agree to play this kind of team, you are effectively saying "dodge away from my players and pass the ball around"
3. Any teams with a variety of stats eg humans, orcs. If you play these teams you are effectively agreeing to all manner of in-game tactics.
4. Any team with skills. If you play a team with lots of block, you are effectively condoning the in-game tactic of successfully knocking players prone. You are effectively agreeing to get more of your players injured by playing mighty blow, claw, RSC. You are effectively agreeing to an "elfball" game if you play a team with lots of pass, safe throw, accurate, catch, sprint, sure feet.
5. Any team with rerolls. They are effectively trying to reject the outcome of certain dice.
6. Any team with a winning record. You are effectively agreeing to play someone who wants to score more touchdowns than you.

Please feel free to post anything I missed, BigMac since you're such an expert.

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Bla Bla dp Bla Bla Bla Elfbowl Bla Bla Bla Starplayers Bla Bla Bla Fumbbl
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2006 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Well all i'm saying is that ranked is not the place to set up more barriers than absolutely necessary to find a game.
When a matchup is reasonable, you should feel obliged to accept it. This way it becomes a comptitive, exiting environment.

People who have an agenda for their teams should run those teams in unranked.

All your saying is therefore nothing at all. As per usual. You're really nothing but shock value, so yes, you need to get a life, and i don't mean the one locked under the stairs in your gimps outfit, that's not what Mully was referring to; i mean the one with fresh air and girlfriends.

Last edited by Gumbo on %b %21, %2006 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: