56 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post 10 Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ike

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

oooh! Good one, Reisender; good one!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

OrRynRaine wrote:
I am new I love the FUMBBL sytem BUT the site is VERY user UNFRIENDLY the coaches seem to be small real world groups that link up together online, thats fine but I have started a group in the L devision and have been PM coaches to join, let me tell you I have had a few VERY rude replies like why the hell you sending me this or why would i want to join this group. I started playing here because I thought it would be an easy way to get a BB league going and I would not have to deal with the middle aged losers that live at home with mom and play at the local hobby store all day but instead I am playing with the middle aged losers playing on moms computer.

Most coaches do not appreciate unsolicited PMs. Maybe they don't appreciate being insulted either …

Get a few more games in and a bit more experience of the site before you try to start a group. By then people may know who you are when you ask them to join something and you'll have a better idea of how to go about doing it. Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

OrRynRaine wrote:
with the middle aged losers that live at home with mom and play at the local hobby store all day but instead I am playing with the middle aged losers playing on moms computer.

I resent this!!! Infact I am moderately outraged.

1. Japanese hobby stores are scary places, I took some totty to one once to buy some paint and she started to cry. I haven't been back since.

2. I am not middleaged thank you very much, most people live to at least 170 nowadays so in my 'very early' 30s doesn't make me middleaged, far from it!

3. I don't live at home with my mom, she threw me out years ago and changed the locks

4. Point 4 I will concede however, mummsy did pay for this computer. But she didn't actually go and buy if though, somebody else had to do that for me.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

OrRynRaine wrote:
the coaches seem to be small real world groups that link up together online, thats fine but I have started a group in the L devision and have been PM coaches to join, let me tell you I have had a few VERY rude replies like why the hell you sending me this or why would i want to join this group....

one more time the unactive coaches and teams need not be a part of the public site they are just that inactive and do not need to be clogeing up the site.

Personally I've found FUMBBL pretty easy to get into. Heres where I think you're going wrong:
1 - when you start a league you're looking for only a few likeminded coaches out of literally thousands. Let them find you rather than you find them.
2 - the number of leagues is huge. The number of failed leagues is much bigger. If every league that was starting or started recruiting sent out PMs to every active member of FUMBBL no one would even open their PM box.
3 - inactive coaches arent a great problem, theres very little need for users to search through a list of all the recently active coaches in any case.
4 - sending whats basicly a spam message to someone you've never met, spoken to, or contacted before is pretty rude. Dont be suprised when people are rude back.

In summary: if you want to start a league then make sure you have a clear vision and time to run it. After that make a blog and a forum topic advertising your league and maybe speak to a few people you know well on here. If it dosent work out then you could always join an existing league.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

From: Plorg McPlorgson: Chief Dispension Officer, Nigerian Bank of Plorg
To: You

Greeting fellow traveler and student of life,
I am managing the inheritance of a BloodBowl League where there is to be 999 bazillion currency units to be dispersed to all descendants.
Please be joining the League of happy thoughts and business and you too can participate in this bountiful windfall.
After to be providing your banking information to the League you will receive a fake cashiers check
for 743 minizillion currency units where you then send 92% back to the address provided.
Please PM me with your private confidential banking information so your money can be efficiently stolen with expedience.
Thanks be with you,
Plorg McPlorgson
Chief Dispension Officer, Nigerian Bank of Plorg
Chewie

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<3 Plorg
Meech

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
<3 Plorg

<3 Plorg too

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Anniversary necro bump!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i hate you so much

ImageImage
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I must be one of the rare people that's found the site, the client and the matches 99% fun. I've met several coaches who happily helped me out early on, even to the extent of pointing out my stunningly noobish mistakes as I was playing them so I could see a direct example of what things were silly. I'd particularly like to thank Bill_Vestergaard who was enormously helpful when I started and played a few unranked and academy matches against me and pretty much taught me the basics.

Any questions I've had on the forums have been promptly answered, and most everyone I've played has won, lost or drawn against me with good grace and humour. Yes there are some minor issues with the client, and I have noticed the cherry picking (although it's not hard to learn to say no to games that will clearly see you thrashed or smooshed to hell) but all in all I love it here. I do play for fun, and it's very very rare I get annoyed with anything that happens....after all, it's just pixels and random numbers.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I wonder in the TBB version of the thread needs an aniversary bonus bump Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on over to the 145 Club and the #145 chat channel

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder in the TBB version of the thread needs an aniversary bonus bump Smile

Yes! You know what message you should leave... Razz
 Jump to: