52 coaches online • Server time: 17:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Mudplay 2 vs 1 Knights of Khorne</b>

Mudplay also managed to win their 2nd game of the season. Knights of Khorne turned up with 6 players with a STR of 4 or more. Without the amazing Pozz (Kroxigor with a MNG) Mudplay was kicked badly on the pitch: suffering 7 casuaties (one caused on a failed dodge).
Dispite the beating Mudplay managed to stop the Chaos twice from scoring and in the 2nd half Mudplay was leading 2-0.
the Knights of Khorne managed to score 2-1 in the final minute of the game.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2005 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Judas Priestess 2 - 1 Dinotopia</b>

Well the 4th meeting bwtween these 2 teams looked a lot like the 3rd. Within a few turns we were surrounded by STR4 and STR5 beasts, had the ball knocked away, and watched as slimey little gits scooped it up and ran off. (Why the fk can't I play lizzies this well).

The only goods news was I was down 1-0 so quickly I had time to equalize. I cnahed strategy a bit and hit as few Saurus as possible and just concentrated on protecting the ball. It worked for 1-1 at half, Shaq receiving.

Turning point in very 1st turn where I had a crucial decision after a missed block. To blitz with my strip ball blizter (needed 2 4+ dodges plus 2 GFIs or my regular blitzer needed 2 3+ dodges and a GFI). I wisely chose the latter was rewarded.

Good news = double POW, skink was KOed, ball bounced to a Sauus
Bd news = needing an 11 ......he rolled it
Good news = he had 5 angry bitches around him.

Next turn Shaq went for it and had him try to dodge for the score ..... he failed. After picking up the ball, we tried to side push as much as possible to thin the ranks and then move upfield for the 2-1 win.

Tough game. The lizzies will be a tough team to beat this year with those STR5 monsters.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2005 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What does lizard taste like? Chicken?

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

<b><u>WWB Round #2 Preview</b></u>

<b>NA Division</b>

Iron Forge (0-1-1) vs Dinotopia (0-0-2) – Two early bottom dwellers battle to stay out of last place in the division. Although they have never met, the lizards are 1-1 against dwarves and will not be intimidated. Prediction : Dino by .2

Villanous Sinners (1-0-1) vs Grugni’s Grudgebearers (1-0-1) – An interesting matchup between two fairly even teams. The Sinners are coming off a tough beating by MOP and may not be able to stand the dwarven sledgehammers. Prediction : Grugni by .3

Mausoleum of Pain (1-0-1) vs Malevolence (2-0-0) – Malevolence is the surprise team so far with two wins over last year’s playoff teams. They face MOP who couldn’t keep up with the dodging ladies. The question isn’t if Malevolence will win, it’s will they live to tell about it. Prediction : Malevolence by .3 (and -3 CAS count)

Chaaarge! (0-1-1) vs Judas Priestess (2-0-0) – This will be the first time either of these teams has faced the opposing race. Will they be lovers or fighters? The secret to this one could be AV7, and which AV7 holds up. Prediction : Priestess by .1

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bummer.. What's wrong with the aussie league?
Any good reason known why there is a delay?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's summer - we're all at the beach!

Seriously, I am hoping to play Burtoni in the next 24-48 hours Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Udûn Raiders 2 def Gortag Warskulls 0

A horrid match, in which two orc sides slugged it out. The difference was essentially who broke the armour the most and I think my Orcs thought that wearing halfling codpieces would be fun...

Oh well, Burtoni played a very solid game and deserved the win, but the number of double skulls in this game (to both teams) was very frustrating.

On the bright side, I hired a troll... lets hope that makes a difference! Razz
Ug

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 2

The new DEAD!!!
    Corporal Drelosyn of the Villanous Sinners: a Flesh Golem with +ST! (9 Games, 0 comp, 0 TD, 0 It, 1 Cas, 1 MVP) Died on the first hit of the game!
    Duron of Knights of Khorne – a 15 game veteran lineman who scored his only stat of note (a TD) against Tepoc’s Chosen (against that team is it even a stat of note?)

Players of the week:

3 Casualties:
    Ironfist - Knights of Khorne

2 Casualties:
    Michael - Knights of Khorne
    Stef – Mudplay
    Russel Crowe as The Gladiator of Death - Mausoleum of Pain
    Cameron Diaz as The Mummy Queen - Grugni's Grudgebearers

North American:

Battle of the week:
Mausoleum of Pain 2 – 1 Villanous Sinners Twisted Evil
Wow! Check out this game! The first game decided in overtime this season. When Mully predicted a bloody game but he had no idea how bloody! The Mausoleum of Pain inflicted eight casualties including a real kill to just two by the Pain. A heck of a fight at 10 casualties total! Carmen Diaz got 2 casualties for the second straight week! (Malevalence look out!)

Chaaarge! 1 – 1 Ironforge
The grudge match of the week ended in the third tie of WWB history, first in North American history. This battle of 7 casualties and over 200 combined blocks left both sides wanting more; Chaaarge wanting more stick-em to glue the ball to the throwers hands; and Ironforge wanting more armor and knuckle dusters. Stay tuned for the smashing rematch later this season!

Malevalence 1 – 0 Grugni’s Grudgebearers
Underdog Malevalence squeezed out a 1 TD win while showing the dwarves how to hit winning the casualty score 3 – 2!
Reporter's note: no one should fear playing Malevalence cuz they never kill opponents and haven’t seriously injured one in seven games! Although beating Malevalence is a whole other story as they continue their undefeated streak Exclamation

Judas Priestess 2 – 1 Dinotopia
The ‘zons win again… Is the league rigged Wink as the commish’s team wins again? We’ll this totally Arrow biased orc reporter is looking forward to seeing the zons lose in their next match-up! Twisted Evil

Request: can someone do these write-ups for the Australian division? Thanks!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, current WWB Champions and all round great guys, the mighty Tvarnholm Bearskins are no longer quite as mighty as once they were with the loss of Star Catcher Sveni Hooknose in today's thrilling matchup against newcomer rivals Saints Diseases...
His mother had always told him to watch those tacklezones... "one of these days Kori" she'd say "one of these days you'll trip yourself up with all your fancy footwork and then you'll fall over and you'll die young man, you mark my words!".
Listen to your mothers kids...

On a happier note however, albeit a note hardly worth mentioning considering it is our 16th one in... a... row... ladies and gentlemen! You heard it right! Very Happy
Notch up another for the Bearskins! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

<b><u>WWB Week #3 Preview</b></u>

<b>Aussie Division</b>

Gortag Warskulls (0-0-2) vs Saints Diseases (0-0-2) – Both teams are out to a disappointing WWB start. The Warskulls just got whipped by an old S&S teams and now must face another team from that league. Prediction : Saints by .3

Udun Raiders (2-0-0) vs Tvarnholm Bearskins (2-0-0) - A battle for 1st place early in the season. The Raiders made mince meat out of the Warskulls and now lick their chops at the Norse. How will the Bearskins overcome the loss of their star catcher? Prediction : Raiders by .2

Mudplay (2-0-0) vs Shining Force (2-0-0) – This is the battle between the other 2 undefeateds. An interesting matchup indeed. This one smells like overtime and is too close to predict. Prediction : (1st ever) tie

Knights of Khorne (0-0-2) vs Moxious Mates of Miyuso (0-0-2) – Two struggling teams hope to break into the win bracket. The Moxious defense will have to sew up some holes of they are gonna compete for the win. Prediction : Khorne by .4

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Mudplay 2 vs 3 Shining Force (OT)</b>

This was an very exciting and close game that ended in 2-3 in OT.

Both move 9 Skinks were out (MNG and niggeling out).

1st half: Mudplay scored on the first drive quite easily, Shining Force was almost stopped to score 1-1, but with luck the elfs managed to score after all.

2nd half: Mudplay almost managed to stop Shining Force from scoring 1-2, but with luck the elfs managed to score 1-2 after all.
Mudplay had their best play in the 8th turn of the 2nd half: starting with a double skull on thier first block, things looked bad, since Mudplay needed all game long RR's to pick the ball up. but still they managed to score 2-2 in the whissle.

In OT Mudplay did win the toss, but two Saurus were out early, and a crusial failed dodge gave the ball to the lucky elfs, who managed to pick it up, toss it around a bit, gfi's etc etc.. for a TD. 2-3

Pozz returned from his injury, but did he recover well? One casualty and about 6 boneheads, he is apperently still suffering from his injury.

Gratz Flo with this win! It was a good game!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Mudplay (2-0-0) vs Shining Force (2-0-0) – This is the battle between the other 2 undefeateds. An interesting matchup indeed. This one smells like overtime and is too close to predict

Damn Im good ........

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Judas Priestess 3 - 2 Chaaarge!</b>

A thriller of a game in week #3. First half was non-stop action with the Zons scoring a lucky 2 turn TD in T8 for the 2-1 lead. The highlight of the half was the weather change to Sweltering heat. This made the norse Ogre Ramm mad and he immediately killed linewoman "Hot Rockin'". The next turn norse lineman "Burn" was killed and the Apoth could not remedy the situation.

Second half and the norse equalized, but not before getting their asses handed to them by the mighty Preistess women. With only 8 norse left to defend the final drive, the zons were able to score again on T8 to win. But not before some nifty moves by the norse which made Mully nervous.

For some reason we were out to kill the blizters and 3 of them will be missing Chaaarge!'s next game. The next opponent can send donations to "Priestess R Us".

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, I have no idea what's happened to Burtoni or how I'm ever going to get my game done... I scheduled a game on Monday the 21st of Feb, to which he didn't show, and then another last Thursday, that I actually missed because I had to go to hospital instead. I don't think Burtoni showed anyway though, or at least he didn't access the fumbbl site. Since then, it's been 6 days since he logged on to either this site or IRC...
What to do? He'd generally a good bloke from my experiences... anyway, just letting y'all know. Maybe we should just put it down as yet another win for the mighty Bearskins? That's sure to be the result anyway... Razz

Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Soo.... Mully's dastardly plot is hatched!

Resorting to hired guns in a futile effort to stop the relentless juggenaut winning streak of the All Conquering Tvarnholm Bearskins eh?

Well it won't work mate, 'cause we just can't be beat. We can see the soft and cushy environment in which these wannabe giant slayers have been forged.
Their scarless, pretty little faces and their hordes of girly fans and their piles of unearned money! Ptah! They will all be useless against our unassailable superiority!!

Welcome to the WWB, Sparticus mate. Bring it. Wink

Jump to: