46 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Well you can let everyone know that I will finally start my streaming at 7PM UK time today!
http://www.twitch.tv/jimmyfantastic

Gotta love it.

Could you not get a big ass Fumbbl logo on there too?

And surely it should read "infamous".

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol yeah ok, maybe infamous Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Jimmy, I made a Twitch account just to see you destroy some noobs. I watched a few minutes of a game, saw someone set 5 on the LoS and then some wacky plays and had to close it. I also find it really, really hard to see what the heck is going on, know what is left for RRs, etc.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet. Well I shall do my best to explain the UI to vets as well as the game to noobs Smile
Urgh my banner looks crap but no time to change now heh.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Well you can let everyone know that I will finally start my streaming at 7PM UK time today!

Gotta love it.

Could you not get a big ass Fumbbl logo on there too?

And surely it should read "infamous".

I was just looking at a bit of a stream from a "Sheepdoggers League" BB 2 game and the guy had a live video of himself in the bottom left corner, including having a smoke..

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah lol. I don't have a webcam yet but in a couple of days time you should be able to see me shirtcoptering away Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah lol. I don't have a webcam yet but in a couple of days time you should be able to see me shirtcoptering away Very Happy

That would be awesome, don't forget to add some Top Gun music.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I get the feeling that the public leagues will rapidly kill newcomers's interest in online play. It sounds as though the console public divisions are dying already.

They have no equivalent to Ranked and MM seems a whole lot worse that Box.

It is probably just the publicity around the game rather than the game itself that has been driving traffic to Fumbbl.
It's almost as if having only a single open-access public league for all player is a really bad idea and new-player unfriendly idea.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
*checks timezone conversions to make sure*

Sonuvabitch, you start the moment I get off of break.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
So there was slightly big talk by a couple of people here streaming games of Blood Bowl 2 on twitch. I'll speak for myself and say that I would be very interested in that, and also speak for some other people.

That cKnoor guy who streams Blood Bowl (I think harvestmouse said he seemed like a bad guy due to a match report against Calcium or something) has a [url=https://steamcommunity.com/groups/cknoorbowl]community[/url that follows his stuff because they like Blood Bowl and at the moment he's the best/most widely known Blood Bowl player on twitch and youtube. I pitched the idea that experienced coaches from FUMBBL would be streaming Blood Bowl 2, and the response to the idea was universally positive.

All of that is to say that there is definitely an audience (it's niche, but it's Blood Bowl) that would be interested in watching those Blood Bowl 2 streams if you make yourself known to it.

The_sage has been streaming also and doing very well with his Dark elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/the_sage_bb/profile

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Damnnn Sorry man. I'll be on for a while and will be streaming regularly so you should be able to catch it eventually. And hopefully by then I will have a clue!

The Sage is excellent. Damn teachers being able to teach!

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Damnnn Sorry man. I'll be on for a while and will be streaming regularly so you should be able to catch it eventually. And hopefully by then I will have a clue!

The Sage is excellent. Damn teachers being able to teach!
Just see if you can get twitch to let you set stuff as VODs after the fact and I'l happily watch it in post.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:

That cKnoor guy who streams Blood Bowl (I think harvestmouse said he seemed like a bad guy due to a match report against Calcium or something)

Errrrr no. cknoor came up as a 'twitcher' and that he didn't really know what he was doing.

I pointed out he's a member here, did okish and in fact used to stream FUMBBL. I highlighted a bad feelings match against Calcium as one I'd have loved to have seen.

I don't know the guy outside of a few forum posts and his streaming and I don't have an opinion on him.

I can't help but think all this twitching malarkey against people who have no idea is just a bit childish.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mrblueplaydoh is who you want to watch but i dont need to post my channel Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I just caught the end of one match just as you say "He's quit" as he conceded. Afterwards I like the comment "Wow, a double! I can get Dodge". Then Jimmy selects claw. Very Happy
Then the following match Jimmy's Human opponent concedes before setup due to facing Chaos..

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:

That cKnoor guy who streams Blood Bowl (I think harvestmouse said he seemed like a bad guy due to a match report against Calcium or something)

Errrrr no. cknoor came up as a 'twitcher' and that he didn't really know what he was doing.

I pointed out he's a member here, did okish and in fact used to stream FUMBBL. I highlighted a bad feelings match against Calcium as one I'd have loved to have seen.

I don't know the guy outside of a few forum posts and his streaming and I don't have an opinion on him.

I can't help but think all this twitching malarkey against people who have no idea is just a bit childish.
My apologies
 Jump to: