28 coaches online • Server time: 16:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WiNG

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice game, a shame about the mafia victory though. Well directed and fun gameplay
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

"EXTRA EXTRA Town freed from pesky New Yorkers! It will now be known as New Palermo! Read all about it!"

Well played by Tophat in the end and I must say I have been truly enjoying to see everyone trying to find the truth of the matter through reasoning. Many came close but paranoia often clouded their judgement.

I think it was Earlp who had it right almost right from the start!

Well played all!
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

very entertaining and so close in the end... thanx to Duke for hosting and all other players for hm well playing Cool
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

SchwipSchwap wrote:
Oh noooooo!
Wow, well played Tophat! Great game.

But how did it happen that nothing happened in night 2?
And who was investigated by Dalrok that night? Pleeease tell us Rolling Eyes

yes, please tell us
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
SchwipSchwap wrote:
Oh noooooo!
Wow, well played Tophat! Great game.

But how did it happen that nothing happened in night 2?
And who was investigated by Dalrok that night? Pleeease tell us Rolling Eyes

yes, please tell us

DukeTyrion wrote:
Night 2 Mafia decided not (or forgot) to kill anyone.

Dalrok investigated Jeppan, then Earlp (and was then slain)
Dalrok

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalrok wrote:
It's just a random pick, really, but here's my reason:

Voting order against Jeppan:
- Dalrok
- SchwipSchwap
- Glimmervoid
- Borgen
... by now the mafia must've realized that they cannot save Jeppan ...
- Plorg
- PeteW
- Synn
- Tophat

So I think this list of 4 contains at least 1 mafia.

People who did not vote for Jeppan at all:
- Earlp
- SideshowBob
- Sysiphos
- Momfreek

Probably 1 of these is a mafia as well.

I could be wrong, but can anyone else present a better theory?

Should've trusted that. Although Tophat did play very well. Congratulations for winning this exciting game - I thought it'd be over when Plorg was voted out. Nice work Glimmervoid and Schwipschwap for finding out what I meant!

PS. Plorg claimed to be the vigilante and seemed to be sure that Borgen is the mafia and after he wasn't killed by Plorg, the mafia had to kill him, because it'd have proven Borgen's identity.
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, well done Tophat!! I really thought it was going to last another day.

With Jeppan going out early and me being absent, then getting taken down just as I came back, Tophat was left holding the fort all by himself. Very well played.

Night 2 there was some confusion among our ranks. With Jeppan dead already, the detective revealed and a suspicion that WiNG had been the healer (Jeppan and Tophat had decided to kill him on the first night because of this suspicion), I figured our best chance was just to go straight for Dalrok. I sent Tophat a PM with this idea, but got no reply that night. I then woke up too late the next day and found that we hadn't killed anyone. Dalrok was a long shot so I didn't want to go for him without consulting Tophat. With hindsight I should have PMed DukeTyrion telling him my intentions.

I reckon the 'Master Vampire' idea from the vampires game was a good idea ('Godfather'?). With 1 badguy responsible for informing the GM of the target this confusion might have been avoided (if i wasn't the godfather I could have PMed DukeTyrion with confidence that I could be overruled).
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalrok wrote:

PS. Plorg claimed to be the vigilante and seemed to be sure that Borgen is the mafia and after he wasn't killed by Plorg, the mafia had to kill him, because it'd have proven Borgen's identity.

Not really...Plorg was not killed by Mafia so he did not get his special ability. That's the main reason Plorg was so eager to not be voted out actually. So Borgen's identity was still not very clear. To be honest, I would have voted Borgen (mainly because Plorg wanted him dead as his last wish).
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say good game all Smile I've been following this from the beginning and have had my own theories all the way through, but in the end I also pointed at all the wrong guys :p Congratulations to Tophat for the win; it was well deserved.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

GG Tophat. BG Schwip and Glimmer.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SchwipSchwap wrote:
I must admit: the fact that borgen is dead really points to Tophat.
Also the killing of EarlP points to Tophat.
But the killing of WiNG pointed to Synn (innocent) and the killing of Synn pointed to Plorg (innocent) so the fact that Borgen died does not influence me that much.

Ah seeing this now, at least we were close. A tip for all villagers out there in the next game. Look at the patterns in the mafia attacks instead of voting patterns. It's really easy to look innocent as a mafia/werewolf by placing a vote on one of your friends. But it is hard to kill off the right people without looking suspicious.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:

Schwip and glimmer had a lot less reason to suspect me than you did SSB Razz .
Obviously it got to the stage where it was me or you who where mafia . To you it was blatantly obvious it was me because you knew it wasnt you .

Yay for momfreek who made a fitting sacrifice for the mafia , and yay for Jeppan who despite getting busted early by the detectives still ended on the winning side Smile
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
SideshowBob wrote:

Schwip and glimmer had a lot less reason to suspect me than you did SSB Razz .
Obviously it got to the stage where it was me or you who where mafia . To you it was blatantly obvious it was me because you knew it wasnt you .

I don't agree. If I was mafia, I would never choose you three guys as the last three New Yorkers. Schwip and Glimmer should actually suspect each other more than me since it is pretty darn obvious that the last mobster tries to blend in among the crowd instead of sticking out.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:

Ah seeing this now, at least we were close. A tip for all villagers out there in the next game. Look at the patterns in the mafia attacks instead of voting patterns. It's really easy to look innocent as a mafia/werewolf by placing a vote on one of your friends. But it is hard to kill off the right people without looking suspicious.

i played my own vampire game and i knew from there that mafia could either attack completly nonsaying targets, wrong targets or right targets... always depending on the actual sitiuation... thats why i never cared that much about the attacks... in the end i just cared because i couldn't believe that if i would've been you and mafiosi i would have killed borgen, because you was the only momfreeek nonvoter left... had nothing to do with tophat... but finally the story with plorg had that much demoralized me that i hadn't got the nerves to influence schwipschwap so far to make sure he would go with me...

and i wanted this game to end... it's really stressing at a certain point... wing would probably see that different... but just try play two of these games straight to the end and you will know what i mean...
SchwipSchwap

Post 6 Posted: Aug 16, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
SchwipSchwap wrote:
I must admit: the fact that borgen is dead really points to Tophat.
Also the killing of EarlP points to Tophat.
But the killing of WiNG pointed to Synn (innocent) and the killing of Synn pointed to Plorg (innocent) so the fact that Borgen died does not influence me that much.

I actually looked at the pattern. The pattern was that all attacks pointed to innocent people. So following the pattern meant to declare Tophat innocent. In fact there was no pattern.
For the voting behaviour: true, it's easy to look innocent by placing a vote on one of your friends. But you have to take a risk as Mafia there. Not everybody is willing to take this risk (I tried that once, placed a vote on Slick and lost the game immediately for that).
 Jump to: