33 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you believe in Evolution?
Brains ...
52%
 52%  [ 78 ]
Pie
30%
 30%  [ 45 ]
Macavity
16%
 16%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 148

Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, at low TR you just apo the first perm, kills make you cheer and no apo will be wasted on those! Linos are cheap so if they get injured they will be retired without evolving.
rumpage

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just throw the niggles on the LOS. If he is a true rat he will be gone before you know it.
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile... thats exactly, what i thought of:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=457735
Curro

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

mouse = mus domesticus (I think)

It was "mur murmurus" if I remember well.

Curro.

Edit: Ok, I didn't. It is "Mus musculus". Wikied
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a big fan of making this kind of themed teams in Ranked. It sort of isn't professional and Ranked is still suppose to be the competitive division.

It's all well and good if you intentionally make a considerably weaker team, as long as it doesn't stop you from playing different teams and you don't automaticly lose all games. But if you make a team that only plays against specific opponents, or the team is nothing but a cherry for other competitive teams, it kinda takes the point out of Ranked. In my opinion, this is not what Ranked SHOULD be about.

But as such, I have nothing against making these teams in Ranked, since there really is no other choice. Just suggesting that the Powers-That-Be would tackle the issue and try to make other divisions as popular as Ranked, so that these kind of teams could be tried outside the "professional" divisions. Afterall, competitive and leisure cannot co-exist.

I might be interested in joining Evolve! league, if someone makes one. Free choice of opponents and all teams start with linos that evolve using the same set of rules. Maybe it could even include tournaments.

Could be fun. =)

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Want another bet? My team with a higher win percentage than you in general? Razz
Khaan

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So remove goblins, halflings, vampires and arguably ban a number of teams from ever achieving higher than 200tr then, since they're not competitive.

I understand your point SneakyFox, but getting cherried requires the cherry to accept the match. I believe anyone playing an Evolve team is smart enough to avoid getting overcherried.

The Boyz
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:
So remove goblins, halflings, vampires and arguably ban a number of teams from ever achieving higher than 200tr then, since they're not competitive.

I understand your point SneakyFox, but getting cherried requires the cherry to accept the match. I believe anyone playing an Evolve team is smart enough to avoid getting overcherried.

It's true that the teams you mentioned are definetly not top tier teams. Or even mid tier teams. In a BlackBox division they would not do very well. But there is no reason to remove them altogether from competitive environment. You can make them work, it's just bloody hard. You have to be a divine coach to achieve a good record with them without picking like a mad man.

Evolve teams, however, are a poor man's version of the original team. As such, they are not build to win. They are merely meant for fun and perhaps as a challenge for the better coaches.

There really is no problem with this, unless the owner of an evolve team refuses challenges of even TS and avoids certain teams. Which he shouldn't, since the concept is well written. There are, however, other themed teams that only play against specific opponents (actually, there are also teams without theme that do the same), and that is what I find wrong and against the concept of competitive environment.

Oh well, I guess this is just me rambling about BlackBox divisions again. =)

Eghost wrote:
Want another bet? My team with a higher win percentage than you in general? Razz

Hahahha.. I hate you =). You could achieve that just by winning your first game. Then your win percentage would be 100. =)

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing a evolving team isn't much worse (if worse at all) then playing the weaker races as far as I can tell.

(3 matches and 3 losses against orcs kinda sucks though Sad )
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SneakyFox wrote:
I am not a big fan of making this kind of themed teams in Ranked. It sort of isn't professional and Ranked is still suppose to be the competitive division.

OH! Shocked

Unprofessional behaviour! In Ranked!? Oh me oh my! Shocked

Lions and tigers and cherry-pickers oh my! Shocked

Listen: when you're finished sorting out all the team-builders and elfballers and pickers and birthday teams and all the rest in Ranked, you can come back to us on this unprofessional and uncompetitive business. In the mean time, when I'm after competition, I'll go to the divisions where it actually exists: ie, League.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
SneakyFox wrote:

OH! Shocked

Listen: when you're finished sorting out all the team-builders and elfballers and pickers and birthday teams and all the rest in Ranked, you can come back to us on this unprofessional and uncompetitive business. In the mean time, when I'm after competition, I'll go to the divisions where it actually exists: ie, League.

Brings a tear to the eye, facts like that all in one post! Wink

Edit: And I very much enjoy all of this evolution business too (on topic) - it's a blast to watch these teams. I think that it might be beyond my patience levels to try myself, however.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
SneakyFox wrote:

OH! Shocked

I seek competition but I cannot commit myself to a fixed scheduled. Help me Uncle Pac! Am i doomed???
Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
SneakyFox wrote:

OH! Shocked

oh, and btw: SneakyFox's post was perfect in his stating. It was very understanding of the problems that exist about underpopulated divisions on Fumbbl, and admitted there's no "practical" reason not to accept concept teams and joke teams in Ranked, as things are now. Your cutting his post and your consequent reply is very unfair.

...and elitist, I might add.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I seek competition but I cannot commit myself to a fixed scheduled. Help me Uncle Pac! Am i doomed???

Yes.

But even if you can't join a genuine competition, you can still at least make things challenging for yourself by (for example) using a relatively weak roster (say, Humans) and perhaps even adopting some non-optimal team development rules (say, sacking all injuries, even -AG on an Ogre).

(However, I must warn you: SneakyFox won't approve!)
pt0510

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

experiment time!

lizard men anyone ?

12 skinks awsome!