22 coaches online • Server time: 02:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take more or less any +AG if my team is heavily relying on AG2 or less players (say Dwarfs, CDs, Undead, Khemri, Ogre, maybe even Necros).
Reason for that: I come from a closed league, and the only reason that the Dwarf team does not win every championship is that they get a Fireball against them each and every match.

So:
+AG to minimize the effect of the wizard!
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Juff wrote:
AG 2 -> 3 is great on teams with little/no AG3+.
AG 3 -> 4 is huge.
Taking AG to 5 or 6 allows feats of disgustingness that shouldn't be mentioned.

AG1 ->2 can be okay on saurus with MA6 ST4. Slower AG1 players won't really benefit from the boost to AG2.

totally agree with this post...

IMO AG1 players are the only players who should not be given +AG.

Big Guys...It seems coaches do not want to give big Guys a +AG. I disagree...If you have a 2 AG big guy give him the +AG...Now he is a threat to score, catch and pick up the ball. It makes your opponeet have to account for him...now of course if you fall into the 90% of coaches who thinks the big guys only role is to take up space on the LOS and never move, well dont take the +AG.

Me experience of +AG ogres is that they rock. Now the one exception to this big guy rule is this. If you have rolled 4 normal skills and waiting for that 76+ roll you take BLOCK and nothing else, forgoe the +AG in that one instance only.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ARISE USEFUL THREAD... ARISE!!!

Oh... hey guys... this thread rocks but it does not cover the question I came here to ask.

For Elves is +AG really worth it?
I think if I had a developed team I would take it and get that player Leap and bust cages with him. But my team is 4 games in and it is an unskilled Catcher's first skill. I'm think Block or Dodge will be far more useful for the player and the team right now.

What about you? What is your opinion on +AG on Elf players?

The team I am concerned with is a High Elf team but if anybody feels different positionals among the various types of Elves should be treated differently please elaborate/explain.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %14, %2009 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ag5 rocks. i wouldent consider taking any other skill instead of +ag. with just ag5 you got a very good thrower/catcher in him. he is also a excellent support as he can dodge in one tz on 2+ to get were you need him. second skill is dodge over leap for me. you get more usage of dodge then leap on a ag5.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would defnitly get it on a Saurus, but not on 2 in the same team.
nin

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
ARISE USEFUL THREAD... ARISE!!!

Oh... hey guys... this thread rocks but it does not cover the question I came here to ask.

For Elves is +AG really worth it?
I think if I had a developed team I would take it and get that player Leap and bust cages with him. But my team is 4 games in and it is an unskilled Catcher's first skill. I'm think Block or Dodge will be far more useful for the player and the team right now.

What about you? What is your opinion on +AG on Elf players?

The team I am concerned with is a High Elf team but if anybody feels different positionals among the various types of Elves should be treated differently please elaborate/explain.

Even in your example, I'd take +ag.

Even in the short term, +ag is far from useless in such a player (harder to mark efectively and good at throwing coupled with high ma), and the long term development posibilities are quite nice.

Only if you are playing a ko tournament it could make sense to pick Dodge or Block or DP. In such situation, Dodge could also work for a Blitzer if you are going to face a Tackle-less team... but for Linos or other positionals I think that not even then
SongCoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I happened to roll a +AG on a Lineman on my own High Elf team, and I can't tell you how useful he's been. Dodging like crazy, breaking into tight cages on 4+ (only when truly needed, of course), grabbing the ball to hand off to the Thrower (or vice versa if the situation warrants) to chain lots of overall forward motion... I love it.

Now I just need to keep him alive XD

Light and laughter,
SongCoyote
 Jump to: