43 coaches online • Server time: 15:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Enar wrote:
I think it will be unbareable with too many emotes. If they have to be increased, I would like the client to be able to turn off emotes w/o turning off gameplay sounds.

The client already has that ability. 3 sound settings: sound on, sound off and mute spectator sounds Smile

People suggesting sounds is nice. Some folks actually PRODUCING sounds and linking them here would be even nicer Very Happy
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the sounds that need to be added are

1) /LOL = A Laugh
2) /Ref = "Come on Ref" or "The Ref needs glasses" ect ect
3) /Kill = Wharf from Star Trek DS9 saying "Find him and kill him" During the baseball episode.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
for sounds I'd stick with stuff that crowds chant...not things individuals would say

for example:
/cheer - crowd cheering
/boo - crowd booing
/hurt - crowd going 'oooooh' (though the 'that's gotta hurt' is funny)
/defense - crowd chanting 'Defense, defense!'
/offense - crowd chanting 'Go, go, go!'
/taunt - crowd taunting the team
/ref - crowd cursing the ref

just some suggestions

I second that very very much. I don't want to see movie quotes, really. The fun factor of those drop pretty fast after hearing them for the 100th time. I suggested some and like what AdamBomb says. DukeTyrion is also very very right when demanding that sounds should not be used to give advice to coaches - just to comment what has happened or will happen ...
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.flashkit.com/soundfx/

Try some of those. I wasnt sure if there was a good way to link them in the forum.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
adambomb

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Those that SillySod linked to seem pretty unusable (15 second sample of people clapping anyone?)....I'm heading off on vacation today for 10 days. If you still need sounds when I get back I'll see what I can do about creating some.
Royston

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
for sounds I'd stick with stuff that crowds chant...not things individuals would say

for example:
/cheer - crowd cheering
/boo - crowd booing
/hurt - crowd going 'oooooh' (though the 'that's gotta hurt' is funny)
/defense - crowd chanting 'Defense, defense!'
/offense - crowd chanting 'Go, go, go!'
/taunt - crowd taunting the team
/ref - crowd cursing the ref

just some suggestions

I'd prefer the crowd to shout "defence, defence!", but that is just me being picky.

Perhaps we could have /jolly - "jolly good show old chap"

Appeals to my innate Britishness. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How about making the emote function choose randomly from a selection of apropriate sounds, divided into common, uncommon and rare.

The funy Madden/movie qoutes could be the rare ones, so they dont grow tiresome too fast.

ie. /boo could be something like this
90% Clasic boo sound
9% Sharp whistling and that sort.
1% some witty movie quote (cant think off any right now)

and so on for the others.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
Those that SillySod linked to seem pretty unusable (15 second sample of people clapping anyone?)....I'm heading off on vacation today for 10 days. If you still need sounds when I get back I'll see what I can do about creating some.

Sme of them are ok, you must be able to edit them to the right length anyhow Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

[Off Topic]I am also for more emotes. although the /offence /defence I don't like. How often do you hear chants like that in a real football match? Also it's BB, so the average IQ of the casual BB fan would not be too high allowing for racial differences and so everyone in the crowd to chant offence would be abit out of place imo.

spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I made some Pestigor icons a while back, but they do include a big hand and claws mutant.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like those icons. Especially the cow skull ones.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

smjack70 wrote:
Ya know what Blood Bowl is really missing? A /madden emote, which would randomly spout off...

"The team that scores more points than the other team usually wins."

"If your guys get hurt, you can't put them on the field..."

"BOOM!"

"Now this next play they're either gonna run the ball or pass the ball"

"They want to score more points than the other guys."

"Now that is a sandwich. You take all that and put it between two pieces of bread."

"Well when you're playing good Blood Bowl its good Blood Bowl and if you don't have good Blood Bowl then you're not really playing good Blood Bowl."

can't you rather propose that for the cyanide program? i feel like random commentary suits it much better.... and i think fumbbl really aint the place to add constantly repeated sentences that will absolutly certainly get dull after 3 days of playing
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cyanide game has that atmosphere sounds. And they are quite nice for the games I played there. But you are probably right that these sounds loose their purpose after some games. The best solution would be to make them optional. So every coach can decide to active them or not.
I think its a feature that has not the highest prioritiy. But if the code will be open source some day, all the creative fumbblers here could invent them without taking the attention from new rulesets or the inducement implementation.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I made some Pestigor icons a while back, but they do include a big hand and claws mutant.

Those are absoluely great! I also do like the portraits you offer in your blog. Would it be too much to ask to make the claw one a bit more "generic". As the user can provide player icons for each and every player in his team you can even add such an icon if a player really does grow a claw. But first off we need a generic set of about 4 icons.

Could you imagine doing (new) rotter icons as well? As there are 2 teams already that use zombie icons I dwouldn't want to use them for Nurgle too ...
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 02, 2009 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
i think fumbbl really aint the place to add constantly repeated sentences that will absolutly certainly get dull after 3 days of playing

Like... "ooh, thats gotta hurt"? Wink

Jump to: