47 coaches online • Server time: 17:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Draft League Expansi...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xcver

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
Coach Reisender reports from the hidden jungles of Lustria. I stand here in front of the Smoked Skink Inn, trying some of their tasty fried chicken.

Let´s have a look at Qualifier 12, folks. It includes some interesting matchups and some of the well known teams of Fumbbl.

The champion of the Grotty Little Tournament 2008, the ImageDandelion Eaters (233 / 229) of coach xcver face Brainsaw´s ImageRed Rock Reavers (275 / 248) with their star Nmegub Dreadbasher.

The Eaters (not those eaters!) are a bunch of squishy elves that will try to blodge their way through. Some elves are pretty quick (3 move increases), but Thelos, their quickest elf, grew fat lately and is not as agile as before. Some blame those tasty fried chicken they serve here in Lustria. Dandelion Eaters miss a strip baller or agility/strength increase. They have 13 players ready fort he match.

Hah, but the elves where already there before eating got competitive. I really would like some more great stat increases, but skill rolls ar not that teams forté (10 doubles 0 st and just 1 ag up in over 80 skills).

and am actually a bit afraid of all those dp's Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
Quote:
Coach Emphasy of Image Hustlers Inc (248 / 231) is smart, but his team is full of Boneheads. They face Kharnete´s FC Image FC Altdorf (265 / 226).

I heard the ogres landed in Ulthuan when they tried to get to Lustria, becuase their navigator failed his bonehead roll. They found a High Elf village and mistook the inhabitants for skinks (or fried chicken, who knows). However, they arrived just in time to play in the Lustrian Challenge.

The ogres rely on Ronny Richardson, an agile blodgy ogre, and have one dirty dirty goblin. Another blodge ogre and a ST6 bonehead are to consider, while the rest of the team is skilled as ogres and goblins are usually skilled. Hustler Inc has no tackler. They bring 9 ogres and 4 rerolls.

On the other hand, Altdorf FC only features two blodgers. The humans bring 15 players to the match. It might be decisive what happens to their to strong (ST4) star blitzers, both niggled. A virus, and the humies are out. FC Altdorf has plenty of guard, but lots of the guards still miss the block skill. Their blitzers are all able to hunt down any goblin that might come to close.

Prediction: Another close match. 4 rerolls might not be enough for Emphasy and FF12 doesn't help to get more. On the other hand, the humans lack agility increases and will have a hard time to dodge away from the ogres. 1:0 for Hustler Inc.

Sure hope I can live up to the expectations, gonna be a tight game for sure!!
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I enjoyed predicting Qualifier III Round I (and so far I've been correct on who wins, but incorrect on by how much and OT/no OT.) Since Qualifier II hasn't played any games yet, I'll predict them as well:

ImageDark Predators (275 / 245) vs ImageSaturday Morning TV (270 / 245)

The first match in Qualifier II looks like it could be a good one. Both teams are very close in ratings; the dwarves look the stronger of the two, but some nice players on the elf side could win the day. Dark Predators are bringing 3 nigglers to the game, as well as a MNG Witch Elf. They have a DP (although he's niggled), a rather nice (but not worth the potion, imo) thrower, and quite a few +STATs including a AG6, STR4, Blodge blitzer. The dwarves bring what you'd expect from high TR dwarves: loads of guard and MB. They also carry a DP, and similarly to Dark Predators, they have three nigglers and a MNG.

Predictions: This game is a really tough call. The nigglers could decide the match, as both sides have some nice/key players niggled. Also, whether or not the dwarves can really put the hurt on Dark Predators early could decide it. The elves will have to tear at the dwarven cage on defense to get a good block on the BC with their star blitzer, but if they can do that they'll win. In the end, I think that the elves will win the game, although at a price.

Final Score: Dark Predators 2 - 1 Saturday Morning TV

ImageGentle Bowlers (261 / 224) vs ImageBoys in the Hoods (241 / 236)

This is a very interesting match up. I've played Boys in the Hoods with my Lizards once or twice before, and Diddyboy really knows how to play his humans. The humans bring evenly skilled team, including a +STR, block (but no gaurd) ogre and a +AG, +MA catcher. Gentle Bowlers are not so evenly skilled. 6 players have no skills at all, they have a mng and two nigglers (none of the mng/niggles are on unskilled players.) They do, however, have a claw/rsc beast man, and three very nice CWs (two for killing, one is blodge +AG.) Diddyboy will get one handicap for the game.

Predictions: I think this will be a fun game. The Chaos will certainly have some very nice bash power over the humans. In the end, though, I think Diddyboy will come out on top. He has a better shot a OTS (MA9, AG4 and dodge) then BudSpencer (MA8, AG3.) Still, things could go either way, especially if the chaos get some early casualties.

Final Score: Gentle Bowlers 1 - 2 Boys in the Hoods

ImageA Fumbbl.ita (286 / 252) vs ImageNorthwest Normalists (227 / 221)

A much higher skilled dark elf team vs a nice human team. The darkies do, however, have a AWFUL track record on previous majors, losing the first game in ALL 5 MAJORS they've participated in! Still, iena's team looks very strong, especially the blodge, AG6, strip ball, leap witch elf The elves are carrying in a niggler and a MNG, though. They also give up 3 handicaps to the humans. The humans bring in a very nice team for the TR, including two nice blitzers.

Predictions: This game looks pretty easy to me, especially with that witch elf. The only things against the darkies are their track record and the humans win/loss record (which is better than the darkies.) Still, I don't see the humans winning the cas game, and unless their handicaps/dice are really nice, I can't see them winning.

Final Score: A Fumbbl.ita 2 - 1 Northwest Normalists

ImageJerusalem (300 / 274) vs ImageTakis-A Brotherhood (238 / 202)

The final game for Qualifier II is my favorite type: Chaos vs Chaos blood bath! Jerusalem is the stronger of the two teams, being the only team to break into the 300s in TR (barely.) Their team seems to rely heavily on beastmen, although their chaos warriors will do their duty with 3 guards. Their main attraction is: they have quite a good deal of +STAT players which I think will be key in the upcoming game. With all these stats, they haven't had time to become quite the killer team most 300TR chaos teams are, bringing only 2 claws and 3 (separate) MBs. Takis-A Brotherhood however, fulfill the "Killer" quota I expect in chaos teams, bringing a claw/rsc, a claw, a rsc/MB, and two more MBs. I do think that Brotherhood took some unwise skill choices on a few key players (VLL on CW?) Each team brings a niggler, Jerusalem's niggler being much more important than Takis-A-Brotherhood's. Each team has a winning record, but Jerusalem's coach has quite a good CR advantage.

Predictions: Like most of the other games in Qualifier II, this game could go either way. Jerusalem have a very nice +STAT base, but Broterhood's killing power should not be messed with. Still, with 16 players, I think Jerusalem can withstand a few hits. Unless the dice are lopsided one way, I see Jerusalem coming out on top.

Final Score: Jerusalem 2 - 0 Takis-A Brotherhood

Well, that was Qualifier II. The games are much closer, in my opinion, than in Qualifier III...very tough to predict. You can expect some really nice games in this Qualifier.

Until next week,

WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Painstate will need miracle dice to best me in our matchup. Either way his team will get busted up! Good luck pirates!

Nice attempt to set up the excuse before the game, in case you lose.

Weak. :}

the Buccaneers make no excuses! like a real team should.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2009 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay for the flamewar!
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2009 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Opening match Lustrian challenge III

BUCCANEERS PULL OUT THE VICTORY 1-0

Well it was a classic major match up for the BSB...Taking on calcium and his mass effect crew of chaos thugs...some predicted a slaughter but the coaching staff of the Bucs is to veteran to leave their pixels flapping in the wind..They executed the playbook to perfection and clamped down on the chaos thugs and would not let them get away.

Blocking was superb tonight as the lino's engaged in trench warfare against the chaos warriors and stood their ground. On 1/8 G "the Disgruntled" Ellis took on 3 CW's and a beastman and stood them all up. He took on all comers and fended all their feeble blocks.

The game turned on 1/5-1/8 when Iron Jaw was scrambling in the pocket with no protection and a CW burst through the LOS and got a 1bD on my blodge thrower...for a KaPowie....Mass effect gets the turn over and procced to lumber down the field to the BSB goal line. The Bucs roll back and bring him down 1 pace in front of the end line. Get the ball back and proceed to do a 26 pace drive in 2 turns for the game winner!!!

The second half the Bucs tied mass effect up at the LOS and it was 8 turns of chaos flailing around like punch drunk sailors...had a hard time landing punches and when they did, allmost no damage....The Bucs kept good pacing and when Ken This said "Hell with this! I got to make a move to score" on 2/6 he broke to the lower zone sprinting for the TD...but the bucs once again rolled back on D and punished him...A scrum for the loose ball breaks out. Ken This gets it back after some deft dodge work but cannot break away from the swarming Defense..He gets taken down again and this time the Bucs secure the ball and "Punt" it down field....Chaos had a desperation last pass that just fell to the pitch.

It was a lot of Fun calcium...It was just not your night when it came to those block and armor rolls.

Dust off and we will see you in the Fumbbl cup.

Just checked the record book and that was victory #100 for the Bucs. Nice milestone game, in a major against a top notch coach.

Nothing worked, my claws were useless, Painstate failed very little, scored from nowhere despite leaving his ball carrier high + dry, and held me in the 2nd half thanks to my utter inability to cause damage or pass in the sun.

None the less a fun game. I hope the BSB go on to win the comp!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2009 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

this was found this morning in the letters to the editor section.

hahahahahahahaha

Congrats on the win!

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PainState wrote on Aug 15, 2009 - 04:39 PM:
**** TO: Altdorf Free Press****

I would just like to say that your guest predictor for the Lustrian is an overweight has been who obviously has never set foot on the pitch. His predicting skills are sub par and it is a disservice to your reading audience to have this guy around. Numerous bettors rely on the ALtdorf Fumbbl section to place their bets and he is going to lose a lot of people a lot of money. That is never good for bussiness...

Named withheld but the letter was from Lustria.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2009 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2009 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Round I of Qualifier III is done already; a very quick Round I. Let's look back at the predictions and actual scores:

The first of the four games was the only agility game in Qualifier:
ImageFlachpfeifens 4th try (245 / 221) vs ImageA present for you (282 / 254)

Predicted Score: Flachpfeifens 4th try 2 - 1 A present for you
Actual Score: Flachpfeifens 4th try 3 - 2 A present for you

Editor's Note: Well, the scoring was a bit quicker paced in the matchup then I had predicted, with both teams scoring a bit faster. Though in the end, the rats' came out on top as predicted. Flachpfeifens 4th try Winnings: 10,000g!

Next up we had SciFi vs Pirates:
ImageMass Effect (248 / 231) vs ImageBlood Sea Buccaneers (256 / 226)

Predicted Score: Mass Effect 2 - 0 Blood Sea Buccaneers
Actual Score: Mass Effect 0 - 1 Blood Sea Buccaneers

Editor's Note: I would have loved to see the matchup for this game, but unfortunately the game was scheduled for middle of the night for me (East Coast USA) and I missed out. My only wrong prediction...and I got anonymous hate mail about my mis-prediction! Blood Sea Buccaneer Winnings: NOTHING!

Game three was quite the bloodbath I predicted:
ImageIllidan's Eleven (236 / 233) vs ImageDanish Terror (341 / 264)

Predicted Score: Illidan's Eleven 1 - 2 Danish Terrors in OT
Actual Score: Illidan's Eleven 1 - 2 Danish Terrors in OT

Editor's Note: I was right! With the casualties being 2/6/2, it could have been the end of the Dark Elves, but ALL SIX of the SI were MNG! What luck...although truthfully I'd prefer all SI to be niggles...or RIPs Very Happy Danish Terrors Winnings: NOTHING!

Lizards...I love Lizards.
ImageSuperegos (239 / 234) vs ImageReptile Revolution (256 / 222)

Predicted Score: Superegos 1 - 2 Reptile Revolution in OT
Actual Score: Superegos 1 - 2 Reptile Revolution

Editor's Note: GO LIZARDS! RAWR! Reptile Revolution Winnings: 50,000g!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round II

ImageFlachpfeifens 4th try (250 / 227) vs ImageBlood Sea Buccaneers (258 / 229)

Well both teams have shown that they can play Blood Bowl. They each got through Round I; neither team got the winnings they needed to buy a wizard. Only one SI/RIP was dealt in Round I for either team, a niggle on a unskilled linerat. Each team bring a DP with a niggler (although the rats have another niggle on their STAR GUTTER) but have another DP ready to go if the first fails to show. Blood Sea Buccaneers have two nice players, a highly skilled ogre with block, and a +AG, Blodge, MB, Guard Blizter. The blitzer is nice, but without tackle I feel that his Gutter hunting abilities will be severely lessened. Actually...there's only one tackle on the team. And the Rats are (per the norm) all about Gutters. They have a pre-mentioned star gutter, who is unfortunately carrying a niggle, but also another dauntless gutter, and a +STR, strip ball, blackle blitzing gutter.

Predictions: The Humans just don't have the ability to get rid of the Gutter Runners, and I think the GRs are going to be all over the human offense. When the rats are on offense, there will be nothing that can stop them. And with a natural OTS, the rats will pull out another win.

Final Score: Flachpfeifens 4th try 2 - 1 Blood Sea Buccaneers

My favorite team in the tourney vs the "We just did 10 casualties to the silly elves" Danish Terrors. Who will make it through to the next round? Who will make it through alive?!
ImageDanish Terror (346 / 279) vs ImageReptile Revolution (264 / 238)

Danish Terror: three claw/rsc block/tackle, and another claw/rsc/DP! The skinks are gonna die! The Terrors also have enough strength and guard to deal with the Lizardman front line. The Lizards do have a few things going for them, including +STR +STR skink. They also have the cash for a wizard (which they will need) and 4 handicaps. Will it be enough? I'm not sure...

Predictions: Lizards are going to get hurt. How badly? Only Nuffle can say. But the wizard really helps, especially with a STR4, MA8 skink ready to blitz a unprotected BC. If the skink niggles out...things will be bad. To win, I think Stuelle2 will have to burn apoth...but no apoth vs so much claw/rsc. It'll be bad if he niggles. In the end, I think the Lizards can pull it out because of the wizard.

Final Score: Danish Terror 1 - 2 Reptile Revolution

Well...there's my thoughts on Round II. See you next week.

WindexChugger

Editor's Note: I was typing this up while PainState put up his post on my reply to his PM. I was laughing just cause I thought his PM was awesome/funny/PainState.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Lustrian Qualifier Group #13

Slaughter Mongers VS Hell Girls

Average chaos vs well build dark elves.
No claws and 2 tacklers prolly gonna be decisive here.

Pro Slaughter Mongers
Nothing extraordinary sadly enough. Not a critic of the coach, just an average team:(

Pro Hell Girls
- Lots of dodge vs 2 tacklers
- 2 dps vs only 1 dp on the chaos team
- 2 +st players and some guard/mb to back em up

The chaosside have to be lucky on the cas, and they have to be it fast or this dark elf side will run them over like a fat mouse stuck on the freeway!

Slaughter Mongers 1 - 2 Hell Girls

Tackle and mighty blow, combined with some good luck, was enough to get me through this one. Lots of hurt elves, almost had the entire casualty box filled. Two major beasties skilled up. Not only did they manage to not age, they both rolled doubles as well. So now I have a couple of claw guys to work with. Still not a very impressive chaos team, but I like it.
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...so far I've totally failed Qualifier II!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad luck WindexChugger.

What u think of the Saturday morning Boys in r2
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Racial distribution updated on August 17th, 01:37am.

Code:
orc         20 (-10)
dark elf    10 (-7)
chaos       10 (-5)
wood elf    10 (=)
dwarf        9 (-3)
skaven       7 (=)
chaos dwarf  6 (-5)
high elf     6 (-2)
human        2 (-3)
ogre         2 (-1)
khemri       1 (-1)
undead       1 (-1)
amazon       1 (=)
elf pro      1 (=)
lizardmen    1 (=)
necromantic  0 (-1)
nurgle       0 (-1)
vampire      0 (-1)
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2009 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

**updated qualifier #1...Yeah they finally played some games!**

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Really entertaining predictions thread, good work!

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

1/4 of my predictions are correct. I guess this isn't my forté.
 Jump to: