47 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block is fantastic if you play against a team that throws a lot, i think one of my ag5 guys in my vampire team intercepted three times in a game against a woodie team that throwed zhe ball no matter who could pass block it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
Pass block is fantastic if you play against a team that throws a lot and doesn't read its opponents skills, i think one of my ag5 guys in my vampire team intercepted three times in a game against a woodie team that throwed zhe ball no matter who could pass block it.

Fixed it for you[/b]
Apojar

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The CRP rules aren't very clear about whether or not you would be able to use Pass Block when it comes to Disturbing Presence. I find the combination to be MOST annoying. Most people now already forget about the penalties involved with Disturbing Presence, BUT

Can you use Pass Block to put Disturbing Presence in the range of the receiver/thrower IF IT DOESN'T PUT YOU INTO THE PLAYER'S TACKLE ZONE?
If I can end up a square or two away from the catcher/thrower, but not be in his tz, can I still use PB? If you read the rules the way they are written, then no. You have to put yourself into a position of a tackle zone OR in the path of the ball to try for an INT.

In the end of the day, there are just far better skills out there to be taking instead of Pass Block.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

In all fairness, "and doesn't read its opponent's skills" is around half of the value of diving tackle.

Still.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
uuni

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Apojar wrote:
Can you use Pass Block to put Disturbing Presence in the range of the receiver/thrower IF IT DOESN'T PUT YOU INTO THE PLAYER'S TACKLE ZONE?

This has been clarified and the answer is no: DiP has no connection to the PB in the rules, only tz or int is relevant.

Still, congrats on creative thinking - it just does not work that way.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2011 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:
In all fairness, "and doesn't read its opponent's skills" is around half of the value of diving tackle.

Still.

Not quite true for either. It's about preventing/limiting/threatening your opponent's options. Many people who play agile races like to keep 1 player far back with the ball, to leave them less shorthanded where all the blocking action is. Sending one pass blocker past the line during defense largely ruins that option. Reading your players may well prevent them from holding 1 player back with the ball, but that may well be what you want (for instance because you have a solid cagebreaker).

Same goes for dt: it's not primarily about making him fail the dodge, it's about preventing him making the dodge.

Though of course the times when they forget are a laugh too. =)
 Jump to: