25 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which elf race is the best?
Dark Elves
21%
 21%  [ 42 ]
High Elves
12%
 12%  [ 25 ]
Pro Elves
14%
 14%  [ 29 ]
Wood Elves
40%
 40%  [ 78 ]
Macavity!
10%
 10%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 195

Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The true potential of pro elves is still undisclosed.
And you shall all acknowledge their genetic superiority when I lose the first round of some major!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways, pro elves are not bad at all. They are a pretty great race in their own right.

They are just not as good as any of the other Elf races...
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they're better than high elves personally, by quite some margin too. For me Helves though still very good are the weakest of all elves. I just dont think their thrower is worth while, especially at his huge cost. I think the increased cost for Av just isn't good value for money in this team, other than their blitzer.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Pro Elves are slightly weaker than High Elves according to my experience, AV 8 makes a difference; the HE Thrower is not necessary, therefore his high cost is not an issue.
Wood Elves are the best of the elf teams for Blodge MA 8 Leapers, 1TTD potential, Treeman (yes not great vs clawpomb but prevents some LoS casualties at mid-low TV) and highest average MA.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

AV8 definitely makes a difference, but I guess it depends to some extent on how you play. For me, HEs are the best balance between speed and armour - they have AV8 and the speed to reliably one-turn.

WE are good too (although the Treeman is dead weight vs other elf teams).

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I think Pro Elves are slightly weaker than High Elves according to my experience, AV 8 makes a difference.

in lrb4 I'd agree. But in this edition, where Claw is everywhere, TV optimisation is so important and stars and scrubs is the preferred team building method, for me that extra TV just aint worth it and I always feel like I'm playing catch up with the other teams when playing with Helves.

I do however think pro elves are perhaps a bit more of an experienced players team, getting the most of SS comes with experience. learning how to cope with less men again comes with experience and so on.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

in lrb4 I'd agree. But in this edition, where Claw is everywhere, TV optimisation is so important and stars and scrubs is the preferred team building method, for me that extra TV just aint worth it and I always feel like I'm playing catch up with the other teams when playing with Helves.

If you play HE at low-mid TV Claw is not everywhere, and AV 8 is nice to have when you fail a dodge, a GFI or vs POMB.
About the extra TV:
a Pro Elf team made by 2 Blitzers, 3 Catchers, 6 Linelves is 880 TV.
a HE team made by 2 Blitzers, 3 Catchers, 6 Linelves is 890 TV, not a great TV difference.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw is never everywhere.. not even on teams with claw... AV8 is pretty darn useful. And to call it a TV management obstacle at a cost of 10TV is...
well, lets just say HE are awesome.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %01, %2016 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Claw is never everywhere.. not even on teams with claw... AV8 is pretty darn useful.

Exactly, moreover, Claw only is weaker than MB vs AV 8, and MB is more common than Claw.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Claw is never everywhere.. not even on teams with claw... AV8 is pretty darn useful. And to call it a TV management obstacle at a cost of 10TV is...

10 tv per player. in a team that might be 60TV which is an extra pro elf player, or 3 x dodge. For me that's more useful, to each their own though.

Also guys I was just making a point about prevalence of claw, you don't have to be quite so literal with everything Rolling Eyes
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

10 tv per player. in a team that might be 60TV which is an extra pro elf player. For me that's more useful, to each their own though.

An extra pro elf player in the reserves box, though, not on the pitch.
Since you can't replace players during a drive having AV 8 makes a difference, because on average less players will be removed during the drive.
You need your players to be on the pitch for the drive, not in the reserve box.
I played with 12 Pro Elves and generally speaking the extra linelf didn't make a difference compared to playing with 11 Pro Elves, because AV 7 and no skills (it's harder to retain SPPs on AV 7 linelves than on AV 8 linelves) means that they get depitched quite easily.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I think they're better than high elves personally, by quite some margin too. For me Helves though still very good are the weakest of all elves. I just dont think their thrower is worth while, especially at his huge cost. I think the increased cost for Av just isn't good value for money in this team, other than their blitzer.

I love my high elves but its not for their inherent skills or abilities. even though MA8 is awesome if you took a team with 15 skills and distributed them as you saw fit, the high elves would still be the behind the curve of the rest. The only reason im better with helfs and pelfs and welfs than delfs is superior skill rolls respectively and ma8
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was pretty funny when I said
keggiemckill wrote:
This thread should have been named Witch Elf races are the Best.

and no one laughed

Jeffro
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Sidestep, pass and NoS for 10k each. 2 blitzers 2 throwers 4 catchers that makes 120k save on positionals.
That's it. Pro positionals are simply better than anyone but wardancers. But you can only have 2 of those.
And nowadays it's all about the positionals.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I thought it was pretty funny when I said
keggiemckill wrote:
This thread should have been named Witch Elf races are the Best.

and no one laughed

I laughed but didnt want you to get any idears
 Jump to: