18 coaches online • Server time: 04:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's true. I wasn't trying to be rude, you just aren't as much of a Bastard as others... hope that isn't too insulting Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Me is a brilliant bastard! This thread and my signature say so!

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, ok

JanMattys is brilliant.

There

Hope it helped you........

Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually guys, the rules in LRB state:
(page 42, LRB)
Pre-match suquence:
Hire freebooters, wizzards and starplayers
roll on handicap table.

--
post match sequence:
hire new players and coaching staff.
work out teamrateing.

basicly- that the way i see that, is - its okay to hire a starplayer prematch, without telling anyone aswell. but its not okay to drop your teamrateing before a match (eventho theres no rules about what sequence you can fire staff in)

thats the rules, but fairplay- thats something diffrent.

a few times ive played starplayers, they allways told me, so i havent had the problem above, once a secrently purchased wizzard found his way to my stadium, but its cool, a part of the match as i see it. i dont mind if ppl sneakfire their staff eather, you can do the same thing aswell!
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll agree with Bytezor here. A strict interpretation of the rules of the LRB means that you're not allowed to fire staff during the pre-match sequence; whether doing so would count as "cheating" depends on how strictly a given league chooses to interpret the letter of the law.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who would try to argue that because it doesn't say 'firing coaching staff' as part of the Post-Game 'hiring new players and coaching staff' phase (and therefore can be done pre-match sequence) is a Rules Lawyer in the First Degree and should be taken out back and shot.

The part 5: Update Team Roster where is mentions re-calculating TR should be enough evidence to convict on this offense...(NOTHING in Pre-match will affect TR in any way...and for a reason!)

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, but what if you agree to a match, and then eat a waffle? Hmm? The Rules don't cover THAT!

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruoste's useless forum entry #1

Bah, in TT you are not required nor even advised to tell the opponent if you are hiring a star or doing anything unscrupulous, its the lay of the land here. However, trimming the TR to gain handicaps, even I (gained a few BOO!'s in right bastard thread) feel to be a cowardly action.

If the opponent has extra bucks in the bank, you should know he's propably going to use it anyways, before or after the game. TR is the one rating you should watch when deciding to play or not.

Ps. MrMojo is a pansy!
Arcon

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bytez0r wrote:
Actually guys, the rules in LRB state:
(page 42, LRB)
Pre-match suquence:
Hire freebooters, wizzards and starplayers
roll on handicap table.

--
post match sequence:
hire new players and coaching staff.
work out teamrateing.

basicly- that the way i see that, is - its okay to hire a starplayer prematch, without telling anyone aswell. but its not okay to drop your teamrateing before a match (eventho theres no rules about what sequence you can fire staff in)

thats the rules, but fairplay- thats something diffrent.

Yes, but the topic of this thread is:

Etiquette: pre-match altering

not Rules: pre-match altering

In my oppinion the discussion has drifted away from this, although I didn´t read all postings, so I cannot see when and why.

Of course it is allowed to hire players, but is it Etiquette not to tell your opponent?
In table top you and your opponent go through the pre match sequence together. If he says I´ll hire a wizard, you can perfectly react (if you have the cash) and say me too, or then I´ll get a star player.
This is not the way you can do it at fumbbl. There have been discussions about that the player who is using the client as a server is at severe disadvantage, because the client (joining later) can then change his team without the server being able to react. So some coaches wanted only to play as clients.

So, to sum it up:

A change of TR is not allowed.
A change of TS is allowed, but really nice.

Well I have to admit that I do not always tell my opponent that I´ll hire extra cooks. I do tell if I want to hire Deeproot. To make sure you won´t get surprises, before hosting you should ask if your opponent plans to use those tons of cash in this game.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ruoste wrote:
Ps. MrMojo is a pansy!

And a proud one!

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Right! I've gotten what I wanted out of this discussion. Thanks, everybody!
Since it's not mentioned in "differences from board game", pre-match TR altering is still illegal even on FUMBBL. Correct?
I can now throw this in the face of anyone pulling that stunt in the future and call them wussnames for trying to ignore the rules.

I'm usually a rather chaotic character but when it comes to Blood Bowl I am really lawful evil.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No, unless it reads in the rules, you cannot disconnect from a game which has started, even if the opponent has altered his TR.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not part of the pregame thingy to fire coaches, its not part of the game at all, reading the rules. So basically the other team cheats if he does so. I dont think you are commited to a game you didnt agreed to.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

But what about WAFFLES?????

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this needs clarifying by Fumbbl admin tbh.

LRB states TR should be fixed post-match. Therefore, even if fumbbl allows you to modify TR (burn cash, drop coaches etc) it's illegal...and therefore anyone who has this done to them should, by rights, be able to bail from the game without penalty.

Stars etc is perfectly legal, though not telling your opponent is bad form, and expoiting the fact that pre-match isn't done face-to-face, as this element occurs before connection. I try to spot this before connecting, but sometimes I miss it.

So...the issue really is TR Exploit: can you bail after connection should your opponent perform this illegal act?

EDIT: Waffles...hot, with whipped cream...Mmmm