32 coaches online • Server time: 07:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl Cup update!!

Just in from work so here is an update as to who has progressed in the fumbbl cup IV!

In group 1 Torkel's Tombsters went through in a seemingly exciting 3-2 victory over Delberz Devils

In Group 2 Butcher Boyz went through due to a humiliating concession (!) by Blood Red Fluffy Bikers

Obviously I wasn't able to spec any of these games so any game reports or spectator comments would be cool Very Happy

Cheers
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Jesus... My Human friend Topper conceded in the FIRST game of the Qualifiers...
...with a Human team better than mine...

Things are looking grim.

the Fighting Hellfish wants to congratulate the Butcher Boyz for forcing a fellow human to concede, but its heart is with Topper28.

I expect Topper to cheer for the Hellfishes, from now on. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo for conceders!

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish LongLivedTeams Qualifiers would start... will be fun to see gramps on the pitch again Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If I can get away with an dark elf team +40 TS, I'm going to face csonti. I hate my group already.... Boohoo!

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

the game between topper and me started out quite bad for him ... the humans were receiving and tried to attack over one flank only, leaving the other one free. most of the team managed to go deep into the orcs half... the orcs were kicking the ball very close to the free part of the LOS and naturally the humans thrower failed the pick up roll there - more than half of the human team was bound at the other side of the pitch, which gave the orcs enough time to pick up the ball and run .... I got a bit cocky after the humans suffered hard from 4 or 5 KO's and 2 BH's (most of them early in the first half) - humans didnt even care to stand up during some turns and so I felt a bit to comfortable. anyways after a 4+, 3+ dodge (against a tackler)with 2 GFI's the dauntless human catcher managed to bring down my lineman. The ball bounced out of the field just to land very close to a ST 4 human blitzer … with 2 (if I remember correctly) turns left the orcs were now a bit under pressure but managed to score in turn 8.
The second half didn’t start much better than the first one, when most of the humans KO’s didn’t want to leave the “safety box” and two more were already BH’d. The orcs were now receiving and managed to KO one more lino and badly hurting the blocking ogre with a foul (the ref spotted this instantly)
I guess topper just realised after 2 or 3 turns in the second half, that this game would be even more one-sided from now on …
I can partly understand him as he hasn’t had much luck through most of the game, whilst my actions worked pretty well apart from reroll-able double skulls here and there. I wouldn’t have seen much chances for his team to win this one anymore either. After all this is a tournament and so he couldn’t expect me not to stall the rest of the second half … which would have been naturally boring for him. However all his players stayed with the team (which would have been the main reason why I wouldn’t have conceded here)

good luck to you and your team, topper – hope for you that you can find a way through another qualifier
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaarr!
In group IV Terratrasherz are to face the terrible Mandinka Tribe.

Seeing the dp-laden roster of the Tribe fills Terratrasherz and their coach with awe and makes their ponderings on whether it is possible to survive in the Fumbbl Cup without a dp extremely prominent.

Dvarok Orebreaker having played 19 matches with the team causing one casualty only had the following comment:
"We play da ball only, we never smash and crush, you talk to da horsies 'bout crushing - now can I have some milk for my tea, please?"

The dutch bullcentaur starplayers Bruthus Beenhakker and Vron Dikkelijk had absolutely no comments. They didn't like the thought of playing against fellow bulls and remained in the locker room for the whole day oozing smells of hay and sounds of cloven-footed digestion.

The match will be played on Thursday. A suiting match report will be issued should the coach or some of the Terratrasher-players survive the clash.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
I wish LongLivedTeams Qualifiers would start... will be fun to see gramps on the pitch again Very Happy

Hey! I don't feel like I'm old!

I'll get smashed, but I'm young!

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
If I can get away with an dark elf team +40 TS, I'm going to face csonti. I hate my group already.... Boohoo!

doesn´t that give a strange feeling to our game (provided I´ll beat the Ogres), knowing that even the winner probably won´t make it?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
MrMojo wrote:

doesn´t that give a strange feeling to our game (provided I´ll beat the Ogres), knowing that even the winner probably won´t make it?

Yeah, why even bother when we're facing csonti. And those ogres, man, you'll have a field day with them. Not that they're 200 points or so weaker, they're played by a newbie. I hate you already. Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

comon arcon ya de team is freaking awesome
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Balint wrote:
comon arcon ya de team is freaking awesome

We're talking about Csonti, the bloodbowl god here. That's freaking scary.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I will do whatever I can.
But although my CR has climbed to 170 now (a very lucky win vs Flix in the RRR helped a lot there) I do not consider myself one of the best coaches around.

Of course, I do not give up, no, not before a game played. I´ll fight as good as I can, and we will see how far I´ll get.
Imagine me beating csonti in this Qualifier... awesome!
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

where is ya confidence if ya go into a game vs csonti with a better team and with the dice in your pocket u can prolly beat him. Not that it will make you better then him. But he can lose as any of us. Where is ya confidence guys?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy has a total record of: 496 / 107 / 85 so it means that he can lose. 85 games out of 688 is not that much tho. 12.35 % of his games have been losses.

|
|
|
|
|->My confidence just went down here.

DP's not broken, Csonti is. Ban him!

Jump to: