28 coaches online • Server time: 08:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
well I must say that alltough some tend to see me as a cherrypicker I have come to the conclusion that either ya challange or ya get offered uneven games. Could be that me view of an uneven game is screwed, well for a while I accepted every challenge, this ended up me playing vs 5 - 6 blodgers without tackle all day or similar. Well its not my idea of fun, but since fumbbl is for everyone I´d say let em play the way they want, and leave for me solid cherrypicking, where I can play games whichever I find enjoyable.

Amen to all of that.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
why would dwarves challenge Zon's? because of several reasons, in my mind.

1) Fumbbl is so screwed up that almost everyone seems to avoid playing dwarves ever...you have to challenge eveyone to get a game in. (not everyone is this way, but sometimes it seems so).

This could actually be true. The coach I was facing when I thought of this topic claimed just that. He challenged everybody and I was the first to accept. He was a good sport, by the way. I'm don't want to imply that he was a huge cherrypicker or anything of sorts.
Quote:
2) To play against a challenging team. Unlike the perceptions, not EVERY dwarf player has tackle! (yet, every Zon has dodge!)

At TR 100 this is true. At higher TR you could easily field 9 tacklers and still have a good offence, so your point is not so valid.
Quote:
3) To play against a variety of teams. It really gets boring playing all the basher teams over and over and over and .. Personally, even tho I like playing my dwarven teams, I'd like to play against all the different teams..

I respect this view. Personally I think I wouldn't even enjoy this the least bit unless the amazon had a lot higher TR. I still haven't ever played with dorfs, though, so I won't swear by it.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
why would dwarves challenge Zon's? because of several reasons, in my mind.

1) Fumbbl is so screwed up that almost everyone seems to avoid playing dwarves ever...you have to challenge eveyone to get a game in. (not everyone is this way, but sometimes it seems so).

Yep. It's pretty damn hard to get a game in as dwarves. It's like asking girls out: if you ask 100 out and 99 say no, hey, that's still 1 that said yes.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

zons and dwarves are both too slow....lineman with mov4 (terríble), catchers with mov 6!

If i like AV9 i´ll take orcs and i´ll always prefer humans than zons..... and both teams (H,O) have much more tactical variations
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The "amazon vs dwarf" matches show one problem with the TS formula. It does not take into account synergy and nullify effects. The actual worth of dodge depends on the number of tackle skills in the opposing team, while on the other hand, tackle is useless when there are no players with dodge in the opposing team.

Before I challenge an opponent I consider if I would accept the challenge with switched sides. If I wouldn't, then I don't challenge.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, but you're so righteous, my brother. We others, well, we belong to the unholy brotherhood of da cherrypickaz.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

better question to you all is why should amazon be impune to challenges from dwarves?
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I love seeing what matchups constitute the "LOL yeah right" type response.

As for zons.... they are a team that only gets built out of dodging brutal matchups. At least wood elves and pro elves are agile and fast enough to get out of the way of tacklers......

Alas the kitchen dwellers are too slow and not agile enough and tend to become stains. But boy will you see zons teams challenging Chaos when the trs are about 100!

Peace,
Synn
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:
better question to you all is why should amazon be impune to challenges from dwarves?

I don't agree with the concept of immunity at all.

But a dwarf coach challenging a zon team....that would have to be one of the easiest challenges (if you can call it that) a good blood bowl coach would have to face. I can see where a zon coach could get tired of being used for easy pickings by coaches shying away from anything challenging.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this whole thread pretty much sums up the reason I'm going to retire my ranked zons.

Playing with zons is little more than tackle-counting and greatly induces the over-conservative match picking that is so often the topic for discussion here. I'd dare to say that amazon teams are even worse in this respect than most elvish teams.

Bye girls!