46 coaches online • Server time: 14:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are lizardmen bashy ?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 96 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 130 ]
Don't know
7%
 7%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 244

Telcontar

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzies are Bashers? No they are not. They are strong but you just need to tie them up with linos. i basically loose all games with my Lizzies vs Elves. Cas Diff is like 4:2 in my favour (vs elves) why? Cose armour 7 breaks easier then Av9. Thats the only reason Lizzies have a positive Cas Diff.

Lizzies are Agile? No they are not. Your skinks have only agility skills but that doesnt make your team and agile team.

Lizzies are runners. Your saurus and Krox just move around the opponent. if i win games it is because im switching from one side to the others till the slower oppo (BOB and CW ) are left behind and i get easy blocks on the blitzers and linos. With MV 6 or 8 you just outspeed every other race. run circles till the get dizzy thats what lizzies do.

For skilling: Putting MB on your Saurus as a second skill is a bad idea. Cose you are missing certain roles for your saurus. I choose Block and Guard for two (cage), Block and Tackle (blitzer or defender) for two others, You need break tackle badly otherwise you loose your games cose your skinks are easily taken out while your saurus face one oppo and cant dodge away. I try to get BT on an improved Saurus (ST or MV)

Skinks: you have only some useful choices: DIV Tackle and sidestep is nasty so thats no 1, you could try sprint and sure feet but thats just a fast skink with nothing else. So its clear that Albator skills his skinks in Div tackle. i do too

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne wrote:

I just filed a support ticket reporting your spamming.

The answer was "just flame the crap out of that stupid son of a witch"

But since it's christmas time, i'll let you get off the hook. This time...
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

Let's also look at a few other instances, of this upstanding individual's actions during official fumbbl events....

grossly overbalanced games
more disgusting cherrypicking
hey wow! cherrypicking A ROOKIE TEAM
TTM from the goal line to pad his points in a official stunty leeg event
mmm..my i love cherries..especially the -80TR variety
but you know what? I love the -171TR variety even more
more of such fabulous upstanding sportsmanship
wow...getting angry when his own tactics are used against him...nice
fouling...repeatedly....and being up +60TR....big shocker? i think not

Nice little collection of links you found there Shadow. You don't have anything better to do then to spend hours of time to flame people in a public forum? Like playing BB for yourself. growing a beard or eat waffles?
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it could be useful if you considered which teams would be allowed if you were making a "bashy" cup... I myself would allow lizardmen, then again, i'm not an expert on these matters.

If your answer to this is "yes" then i would have to pose the question "How are they in the non-bashy cup then?"
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

He's doing a great job there dude.
I just recorded a memo to myself to hunt down a guy named Albator2001,
kill as many of his players as humanly possible and then come back and pose abot it in this thread!
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow46x2 should do a new poll: Do you like Albator2001 ?

He takes 9/1253 matches ... And what about my other 1244 matches ?

5 of the 9 matches are tournaments, so it is possible to play lower teams.

3 more than 2 years ago !

1 I complain that my both trolls were killed ...

Can we then base my reputation on this ? I think not ! And Shadow46x2 never played a match vs me !

SideshowBob wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

Let's also look at a few other instances, of this upstanding individual's actions during official fumbbl events....

grossly overbalanced games
more disgusting cherrypicking
hey wow! cherrypicking A ROOKIE TEAM
TTM from the goal line to pad his points in a official stunty leeg event
mmm..my i love cherries..especially the -80TR variety
but you know what? I love the -171TR variety even more
more of such fabulous upstanding sportsmanship
wow...getting angry when his own tactics are used against him...nice
fouling...repeatedly....and being up +60TR....big shocker? i think not

Nice little collection of links you found there Shadow. You don't have anything better to do then to spend hours of time to flame people in a public forum? Like playing BB for yourself. growing a beard or eat waffles?
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Already done ! The Strong Cup, created the same time than Agile Cup !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2401

And you can see that all the races allowed in Agile Cup, can't play in Strong Cup ...

PandaPower wrote:
I think that it could be useful if you considered which teams would be allowed if you were making a "bashy" cup... I myself would allow lizardmen, then again, i'm not an expert on these matters.

If your answer to this is "yes" then i would have to pose the question "How are they in the non-bashy cup then?"
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow applied with chaos in the No Bashy Cup !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2400

I will kick them as soon as possible !

They aren't allowed to play this race.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If i thought you were an unfair and evil player i would most likely NOT play against you...

and by the way, i looked at those games, in one , your opponent is angry for you stalling, i havent looked at the replay as i dont have the replayer. but if you stall, why did you get angry with another player for stalling too (in another game which shadow46x2 posted)

Just defending shadow46x2... or at least trying to. Is this the reason why many ppl don't like you albator? It's just that i'm new, and when i joined a game, you scored so i cheered, then i got accused of being you in disguise or something... lol

Can someone comment on my suggestion of lizardmen being allowed in a "bashy" cup please by the way?
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

All people are angry because of stalling, it's a part of the game.

Then there is several strategies. If I have not a chance to take the ball because of stalling, I will foul to force the opponent to make a TD.

A lot of people don't like me for several reasons. Some say that I foul and kill a lot of players, other say that i am a very very slow coach, other say that I stall ... First 2 are false ! But the accusation of stalling is true.

Personally, I prefer to play vs stalling coaches than play fouling and killing coaches.

PandaPower wrote:
If i thought you were an unfair and evil player i would most likely NOT play against you...

and by the way, i looked at those games, in one , your opponent is angry for you stalling, i havent looked at the replay as i dont have the replayer. but if you stall, why did you get angry with another player for stalling too (in another game which shadow46x2 posted)

Just defending shadow46x2... or at least trying to. Is this the reason why many ppl don't like you albator? It's just that i'm new, and when i joined a game, you scored so i cheered, then i got accused of being you in disguise or something... lol

Can someone comment on my suggestion of lizardmen being allowed in a "bashy" cup please by the way?
monboesen

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

albator I don't know you, have never played or in any shape or form have an opinion about you.

But if I joined a tournament named agile cup (or non-bashy cup) and faced a team like yours I would feel surprised, angry and cheated. A team with 6 ST 4, Block, Tackle players (and one ST 5, Tackle, Prehensile tail, Multiple Block) in my opinion breaks the idea of that tournament. It's obviously not a team that has ball playing and daring moves as its trademark (which is what I would expect from teams in such a tournament).

I would percieve it as a blatant attempt of violating the good natured spirit of the tournament and going for an unfair advantage. A team designed to destroying as many players and teams as possible. From the creator and moderator of the tournament I would consider it even worse than if some random participant had done it.

*Note that I haven't voted in the poll and don't play in the tournament. But I think it could be a fair expression of what those 33% of the coaches feel.
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
I just filed a support ticket reporting your spamming.

The answer was "just flame the crap out of that stupid son of a witch"

But since it's christmas time, i'll let you get off the hook. This time...

Oh, the rank hypocrisy.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

oh my goodness...

is it christmas??...it is!!! what a present santa claws has left me!!!! Smile

*ahem*...*grabs his quill and parchment and starts the list*...

albator2001 wrote:
Since the beginning of the Agile Cup, some coaches complain about the name ... Saying for example that Nurglings weren't agile ...

where they complaining about the name?..or were they complaining about the tourney and the organizer's inclusion of a team that wasn't appropriate?

albator2001 wrote:
I don't know that I had a lot of "friends" and that this poll would become a witch's attack.

This is what happens when you try to skew things and twist them to your own viewpoints to support your own shady actions...

albator2001 wrote:
Since the majority of the Non Bashy Cup decided that Lizardmen weren't bashy and could continue to play, then I follow the decision of the majority.

And even in this poll, the majority decided that lizardmen aren't bashy.

Again....when are you going to get it through your head that you posed this question *WHEN IT WAS CALLED THE AGILE CUP*...henceforth making the poll completely irrelevant to the issue??...

maybe had you changed the entire theme of the cup *BEFORE* you started this debacle, instead of getting the answers you wanted *AND THEN* changing it...none of this would be happening?

albator2001 wrote:
A lot of guys who voted yes, don't answered really to the question. They voted against the person, against Albator2001. And they don't play in No Bashy Cup !

How do you know this?....with all the comments made in this thread, this is about the most ridiculous....you have no clue what the motivations were behind people's voting...what about the people who voted no?...maybe they only voted because they liked clicking random radio buttons?...why is it the people who voted yes to your question are completely wrong and have sinister motives, but yet the people who voted no don't?...hmm?....

i voted yes, and i didn't even know who set up the poll when i voted...i saw the question asked, i voted, and i read the thread...which is common practice for reading in english..start at the top left, work your way to the bottom right....

and then once i read the forum and understood what was happening....that's when i decided to add my 2 cents....over...and over...and over....(by the way i'm expecting interest back on my returns)

you want to know why i voted yes?....here's why i think lizards are bashy..the lack of an agility based gameplan, 6st4 and 1 st5, all with S access skills(which, by the way, is more than khemri/orc/chaos, which are all referred to as "bashy" teams), and the fact that most starting lineups consists of a large majority, if not all, of those st4+ players....bashy?...in my personal opinion, yes they are.....not because albator is asking....not because i have an agenda...but because you asked in a poll, and i gave my opinion to the poll as it was relevant....

now had you asked a poll that was relevant to the situation!....i would ahve told you that i don't think lizards are agile at all....period...no questions asked....but wait...you didn't do that...you were looking for a specific answer, and you catered your question to receive that answer.....fabulous..you should be a politician...

SideshowBob wrote:

Actually, that list was provided elsewhere, as I was really, admittedly, too lazy to search through hundreds of records...but i'll address that again momentarily.....and also....i play bb quite frequently, in fact last night, while i was posting that, i was waiting for my opponent to reconnect to finish our game, after an unfortunate ISP issue.....and i already have my beard for the winter season..it keeps my fat face warm Smile.....and i like pie :-p

albator2001 wrote:
Shadow46x2 should do a new poll: Do you like Albator2001 ?

i have done my best to try to keep my personal opinion of you nowhere near this argument, resorting to posting things which disolve any sort of incredibly fallible argument you may try to post, and showing light to the type of actions that you've taken in the past, which would try to help explain why this has come up to begin with....

i'm not going to put up some sort of poll asking whether or not i like you....there's no place for that...my personal opinion of another coach is just that...my personal opinion, and i'm not going to vent that in this forum...

albator2001 wrote:
He takes 9/1253 matches ... And what about my other 1244 matches ?

again, this list was provided elsewhere, but shows a pretty good representation of some of the actions that you take to ensure, what is commonly believed not just by me, your own agenda...

albator2001 wrote:
5 of the 9 matches are tournaments, so it is possible to play lower teams.

oh wait...you mean the TNT tourney?...

let me post one nice little fluff tidbit about that tourney....

Quote:
FORMAT
The T.N.T. will be a giant open round robin. Teams are encouraged to play as many games as they can.

Open round robin....correct me if i'm wrong that means that anyone within the league can openly challenge anyone else, right?...ok fair enough...i'll concede that it's possible to play lower teams....

how many of those teams challenged you?....

i'd be willing to bet none of them did....except for maybe the nurglings....after all, how many coaches go out of their way to get matches against teams that are up on them by 70..80....171TR?

regardless of the format of the league, unless it's a KO tourney, or a closed format where you are *scheduled* to play teams in a list...it's pretty low of you to find matches that are so grossly overbalanced, and then try to defend yourself by saying something like "well it's a tournament so it's ok!"....ever hear of sportsmanship?....guess not...

oh, and for the record...yes i have cherrypicked as well....and will continue to do so...but at least my cherrypicking is somewhat managable....not triple-digit TR difference...

albator2001 wrote:
1 I complain that my both trolls were killed ...

what does you complaining about yoru troll have to do with the price of tea in china?...absolutely nothing....except maybe showing that when your own tactics are used against you, you get bitter and upset over it....

for those of you who can't be bothered to look at the match reports...let's look at some of the comments shall we?

Quote:
Shouldn't the spirit of this tournament be that silly plays are rewarded, rather than just getting additional points becuase you've spent ages trying to play down and have managed to beat your oponent into submission with your massive grandfathered team and decide to try to claim extra credit by exploiting what could have been a fun rule?

I've heard people's reasons why they avoid the stunty cup at all coasts and now I know.

Oh well at least I had the Busko vs Dread game to spec...

I look forward to a continuation of the fun opponents that I'd had up untill this point.

Quote:
i really should have known better than to allow myself to be cherry picked like this. quite how he did it i'm not sure......maybe he knows the jedi mind trick....
(please note this previous quote was in regards to being challenged by a team that was +120TR....)
Quote:
considering the bad luck, my errors due to my lack of experience with such players and the <b>unfairness</b> of albator, i can consider this a great result.

Quote:
The goblins Lyly and Toto both scored for Les Nabot: in each case they were within running distance of the end-zone, but were picked up for no explicable reason and tossed a couple of yards by the Exterminator. Two explicitly unnecessary DDDs to albator2001.

Quote:
I didn't think it was possible that someone could take all the fun out of stunty, but albator2001 tried very hard.

Already challenging down a whopping 70 STR. Albator2001, felt he needed to hire "Ripper" to take on those "Scary" Snortlings. Thankfully I was spared by a 3 turn riot to open the game. It's sad when you are disappointed it wasn't 6 turns.
<i>Albator2001 continues to stall during lopsided matches</i>

in regards to the stalling during lopsided matches comment..how come it's ok for you to do it, but not others?...i submit this for the record
albator2001 wrote:
I fouled only twice in this game.

And you delay several turns.

But I regret to have killed your player. I am sorry. But next time don't delay !

but i digress...more evidence
Quote:
Nearly everyone knows him - so did I.
Though I wasn´t sure, if this guy is as bad as his reputation.
Now I know the truth: He is.

Quote:
Sadly that you complain over my foul when you self did it.... Fouls are a part of the game... So why Whine when people treat your players as you treat other coaches players... IT WERE JUST PAYBACK TIME!

Quote:
Foul, foul, foul, delay, foul.

Thanks for the game, what a waste of my time!

wow...and you wonder why i've never played a match against you?....why bother?...the risk of you complaining when i *WILL* foul, or being challenged by a team that grossly overpowers mine....just not worth it....

moving on...

albator2001 wrote:
Shadow applied with chaos in the No Bashy Cup !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2400

I will kick them as soon as possible !

They aren't allowed to play this race.

why yes....yes i did....why did i apply with them?....well...as i've already proven previously...my team has an overall *HIGHER* agility than your team...giving them the ability to play a more agile based game if i so choose, or the situation warrants it, over your team...

additionally...your lizard team has a cas ratio of 2.74...my chaos has a cas ratio of only 1.78....which proves that my chaos are considerably less bashy than your team is....so why is your team allowed to play in an agile cup or a non-bashy cup...but yet mine isn't?...seems pretty selective if you ask me...

the irony, donthca think?

--j
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne... Do you have a "Don't Feed the Flames" icon handy?

Really, people. Some of these arguments are well-presented, but are we doing anything positive at this point? I move that, no, we aren't.

I'm not saying I've never offered an opinion on someone else that was negative, but let's not keep at it, ok? We're scaring the nice people away.....

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I move that, no, we aren't. ... We're scaring the nice people away.....

Seconded.

Jump to: