27 coaches online • Server time: 01:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

sigh ( I think possibly this one word makes me want to cry more than anything else involved in the game , I think its just the phoenetics of the word and that its always used inappropriatly ,usually when the lucks been about 50-50 )

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping that this thread was going to be all about lining up grudge matches - I reckon it would be great to have one of those. I'm sure there are a few coaches that have some interesting grudges to tell stories about, and everyone loves a good grudge match. Very Happy

Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
When I saw the thread title, I was hoping that this thread was going to be all about lining up grudge matches - I reckon it would be great to have one of those. I'm sure there are a few coaches that have some interesting grudges to tell stories about, and everyone loves a good grudge match. Very Happy

Yeah wouldnt it be great if there was a way for us to make such a thread ...

/me takes of the Smart-alec hat aqnd puts it back in its box .
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Stuff that bugs me

*Deep breath*

1. People trying to cherry pick me - thats for me to do dumbass
2. People who dont respond to game offers in chat
3. People who open with 'want a game' in chat and then say nothing else
4. Reloading - just abandon it
5. People who only foul when the game is unwinnable
6. People who complain about their luck the entire match (i have done this though Wink )
7. People you swear when they dont know me - im foul mouthed but only with the right company.
8. Estate Agents
9. People who refuse matches against my CD/Orc/Necro/Undead/Dwarf even though they have a Str advantage
10. Unable to get matches for the aformentioned teams.
11. Nuffle
12. Estate Agents
13. Landlords
14. Inablility to play first game with a team without at least 1 niggle or death
15. Amazons at low TR - I dont like to refuse games but I hate these women
16. Khemri teams - I dont mind playing them, easy win, but they just suck, no fun.
17. Estate Agents
18. Tony Blair
19. George Bush
20. Niggling Injuries
21. Aging
22. People who refuse games because they have to leave/sleep/etc, but still remain in gamefinder

22 seems like a good start, I'd put more but then it might be a bit silly.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Julia

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling = Getting the upper hand
Fouling = Trying to get the upper hand/frustation/menace
Scoring fast = Elves/you might think you are best at defence?
Whine = when your style dont work.
Me = Stall, defence, stategic fouls(but no dp), winning at all cost(even the fun sometimes)
Im babberling, but i know about meself, that i suck at offence, but play a decent defence. I hate elves, love bashy/low ag games, as i find those the most skillfull games. I dont like nor do i hate Fouls, i foul meself, but i dont use dirtyplayers, i play to win(my fun is in winning), and i dont realy care much for bragging nor flaming coaches. I love tounements, but dislike most of the ones on fumbbl. I love lowtr games, and find hightr games kinda like a showoff of ssp rolls. I love my work, and dislike people that dont work and constribute to sociaty. I love helping fellow men, but dont wanna help fools that dont think they need it. I like my famely, but dislike my inlaws. I hate soccer, but love football(soccer=sissys football=tacktical). I like freedom, but dislike letting people off easy. I dont easyly forgive, but i trust alot. I love sparetime, but dislike the need for 6 weeks a year off work. I like lasange, but in geral hate italian food. I love arguing, but dislike chattering. I love when im right, and dislike how i get when im not.

I could go on and on.

vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Things which embarrass me:

• Thread hijackers
  • People who take the game too serious
  • Tournament delayers
  • Misclicks
  • My players, when they misbehave Twisted Evil

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur wrote:
Have you ever seen a soccer match there both teams starts stalling atm the ref blow his whistle.
-Buur

I will point to: Sweden vs Denmark in the european championships 2004... score was 2-2 and when the ref restarted both teams just stalled... and now I rest my case. Very Happy
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:

[*]Thread hijackers
[/list]

Thread Hijackers have made many a dull thread readable
Rooke

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here's an idea...One I've seen done before (and it really cuts down on the hard feelings). If you are a coach that likes to foul the daylights out of your opponent.. The optional (and polite) thing to do would be to tell the person before the game starts...Hey, this is the way I play, if it's an issue, Ill just find someone else who doesn't care.
Now I realize a truly dirty coach doesn't WANT everyone else to know he's a dirty little pig...But most of these threads seem to be along the lines of...
Party A: Fouling and stalling is for idiots and losers!
Party B: It's the best way to win, we're all here to win, if you don't like it, you must lose all of the time!

Seriously, cut the issue down before it becomes an issue. Stalling is a way of life, and I think ANY coach here will have stalled for at least one or two turns when it's possible (not all go for 4 or 5, but that's a matter of preference). Tactics are one thing, and telling someone "uh yeah, I have to warn you, I stall" is kind of like warning a person you're going to try and win when you play.
Fouling, on the other hand, is something most people do appreciate fair warning of.
Just a thought,
-Little Black Bird
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rooke wrote:
Ok, here's an idea...One I've seen done before (and it really cuts down on the hard feelings). If you are a coach that likes to foul the daylights out of your opponent.. The optional (and polite) thing to do would be to tell the person before the game starts...Hey, this is the way I play, if it's an issue, Ill just find someone else who doesn't care.
Now I realize a truly dirty coach doesn't WANT everyone else to know he's a dirty little pig...But most of these threads seem to be along the lines of...
Party A: Fouling and stalling is for idiots and losers!
Party B: It's the best way to win, we're all here to win, if you don't like it, you must lose all of the time!

Seriously, cut the issue down before it becomes an issue. Stalling is a way of life, and I think ANY coach here will have stalled for at least one or two turns when it's possible (not all go for 4 or 5, but that's a matter of preference). Tactics are one thing, and telling someone "uh yeah, I have to warn you, I stall" is kind of like warning a person you're going to try and win when you play.
Fouling, on the other hand, is something most people do appreciate fair warning of.
Just a thought,
-Little Black Bird

Here is a little known site rule for you and anyone else who has never read the siterules to discus.

Taken from the Rules section

Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not little known, it comes up in every "Foul" type thread ever....

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
It's not little known, it comes up in every "Foul" type thread ever....

Yeah usually right after someone who didnt know it posts about talking about fouling before the match as a solution .
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this was about grudges? This community has the attention span of a hyperactive beagle.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly just me, Tophat and Pac.....

I have Grudges against all fans of the New England Patriots!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way Mac, you made my list! I wouldn't call it a feat though, more of a feet.