58 coaches online • Server time: 21:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Star Rating For My Job (dont vote till i have tryed to help)
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
52%
 52%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 59

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

a whole bunch of them?
when they group together, ive seen whole treeman go down in there wake

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i've got an idea - foul every turn - more will be saved from being sent off Smile
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Master and Hero, beloved friend,

I have one last question regarding this football thingie on fumbbl... how high has the coin to be tossed to be within the rules range?

Regards
Sys
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
Dear Master and Hero, beloved friend,

I have one last question regarding this football thingie on fumbbl... how high has the coin to be tossed to be within the rules range?

Regards
Sys

can we have a serious question here?
besides, i dont even know what you mean!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

shall i take a +ST on my players? it means i need to wait an extra skill so i can get DP...
Sorni

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Thorpe

Im playing a game with my norse vs. a CD team. After 1st half I'm 8 players short, what do I do?
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

well i just got back, so ill answer some more

brownrob wrote:
shall i take a +ST on my players? it means i need to wait an extra skill so i can get DP...

on most if not all occasions i would say yes, take +ST, unless a tournament is involved, then DP might (if need be) be what you need

Sorni wrote:
Dear Thorpe

Im playing a game with my norse vs. a CD team. After 1st half I'm 8 players short, what do I do?

dependant on the score
if your infront, group your players together in 2 groups, both in the corners, and form a lash formation, one long line in pairs

if your behind, with only 8 players, the only thing i would do is lash everything at the opponent, but that might not be what pepole like

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe_Star wrote:

dependant on the score
if your infront, group your players together in 2 groups, both in the corners, and form a lash formation, one long line in pairs

if your behind, with only 8 players, the only thing i would do is lash everything at the opponent, but that might not be what pepole like

What on earth does this mean?!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Thorpe_Star wrote:

dependant on the score

ugh, thought this was clear
make 2 groups of 4 in the corners, then they can reach problems coming through, and block them up, with everyone with block, and CD having small movement, you might hinder what little movement they have

or

put all 8 into a straight run to get the ball, crushing what you can in the way, break the defence, and pour through it

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe_Star wrote:
PeteW wrote:
Thorpe_Star wrote:

dependant on the score

make 2 groups of 4 in the corners, then they can reach problems coming through, and block them up, with everyone with block, and CD having small movement, you might hinder what little movement they have

or

put all 8 into a straight run to get the ball, crushing what you can in the way, break the defence, and pour through it

I'm still having trouble visualising this. Can you paste a screenshot of where you've demonstrated this tactic in practice?

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Thorpe_Star wrote:
PeteW wrote:
Thorpe_Star wrote:

dependant on the score

or

I'm still having trouble visualising this. Can you paste a screenshot of where you've demonstrated this tactic in practice?

im just giving advice here, never had to be in that situation, but it sounds logical

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

"Who are the Vikings? What did they do? Why did they do it?"

I sensed a small helping of racial hatred and a decent dose of ignorance towards the Viking people in the answers to these three, no insult intended naturally... The Viking people are most likely the most misunderstood race in the history of Earth, they were a far cry from the simplistic and barbaric raiding nomads they seem to be painted all to often! They were a formerly nomadic people who as many others did around that era turned from simple scavengers to more advanced agricultural methods and began their slow climb from fighting for survival to fighting to define what the world was and their place in it as any civilized culture would do! Intrigueing digression is that our own cultures have given up on this aspect thanks to an odd tendancy to overwork when with modern technology feeding your family happily only takes about 2 man-hours a day... They actually had one of the more advanced and intrigueing designs for their culture and a more then passing pantheonic polytheistic religion! Smile They did everything you'd expect a recently fallen and now growing dark ages culture to do, they hunted, they married, some wrote poems, some were remarkable artists! Some... happened to really like cutting up people destined for their heaven-like hell for warriors and became raiders... As for why the raiders did it, what you're dealing with is a highly advanced culture which just so happened to be based in a caste like system which as always involved an aggressive "soldier" sort who eventually through the use of advanced weapons and philisophy quashed the resistance to their gentle domination and the roving bands of ne'er do wells only to find nothing left to kill... so they outsourced their deadly habits to lands afar! That's the birth of the crazed madmen we call the Norse... no more crazed or mad I'm certain then the British soldiers in land for training near my home would be without the pacts of allegiance...
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh... no forum post would be complete without one of Nature_Warden's rants!

Huzzah for Nature_Warden! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nature_Warden wrote:
"Who are the Vikings? What did they do? Why did they do it?"

I sensed a small helping of racial hatred and a decent dose of ignorance towards the Viking people in the answers to these three, no insult intended naturally... The Viking people are most likely the most misunderstood race in the history of Earth, they were a far cry from the simplistic and barbaric raiding nomads they seem to be painted all to often! They were a formerly nomadic people who as many others did around that era turned from simple scavengers to more advanced agricultural methods and began their slow climb from fighting for survival to fighting to define what the world was and their place in it as any civilized culture would do! Intrigueing digression is that our own cultures have given up on this aspect thanks to an odd tendancy to overwork when with modern technology feeding your family happily only takes about 2 man-hours a day... They actually had one of the more advanced and intrigueing designs for their culture and a more then passing pantheonic polytheistic religion! Smile They did everything you'd expect a recently fallen and now growing dark ages culture to do, they hunted, they married, some wrote poems, some were remarkable artists! Some... happened to really like cutting up people destined for their heaven-like hell for warriors and became raiders... As for why the raiders did it, what you're dealing with is a highly advanced culture which just so happened to be based in a caste like system which as always involved an aggressive "soldier" sort who eventually through the use of advanced weapons and philisophy quashed the resistance to their gentle domination and the roving bands of ne'er do wells only to find nothing left to kill... so they outsourced their deadly habits to lands afar! That's the birth of the crazed madmen we call the Norse... no more crazed or mad I'm certain then the British soldiers in land for training near my home would be without the pacts of allegiance...

well, this was expected, good on ya, let the rants reign!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't know the 'lash' formation, Pete?

It's where you get <i>lashed</i> - preferably on cheap lager - and then deploy your players with random clicks. Very effective in desperate situations.

Jump to: