41 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the foul in this situation a good play
Yes, nothing wrong with a foul. I would foul too
63%
 63%  [ 162 ]
No, a foul here is overkill. You will surely score the run and win. No sense in hurting the team further.
15%
 15%  [ 39 ]
Foul away, but be ready for your opp to be mad at you.
21%
 21%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 256

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

and then again, some people hate fouling full stop, even when a RSC Big Guy conviently falls beside my running chainsaw in Stunty Leeg!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
and then again, some people hate fouling full stop, even when a RSC Big Guy conviently falls beside my running chainsaw in Stunty Leeg!

Yeah - in that instance I think Ski should write some code in the client that makes the foul button flash or something! Laughing
PistolPete

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Hammer -
I'm as Anti fouling as can be but i'll be honest, thats a tactical foul and should be taken as such.

This is a tactical foul and although I wouldn't like it, I'd see it as that.

Personally I wouldn't have foul'd especially as no other foul's had been commited, and you are more than likely to score, but hey that's just me.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Ive seen stranger things happen! best to make sure if you want to guarantee being safe! Laughing

Yar me too. I had a zombie dodge with 5+ dodges through my defence 4 steps each turn (me playing elves) while I only got pushbacks on it. It scored too.

Those moments are comic though and fun. I might cheer them on even if it works.

-Mnemon
Count_Von_Halseburg

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I object to people who build thier team arround fouling... I played a Highelf team where half the team had dirty player and I thought that it would be used in the spirit of the game but every turn I lost a player and now had a movement 2 mummy!!!!

I think fouls are important to blood bowl but are easily abused after all a fast team like skaven can score every 2 turns and if you have no players left on the pitch then thats a lot of SPP waiting to be had.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
brownrob wrote:
Ive seen stranger things happen! best to make sure if you want to guarantee being safe! Laughing

Yar me too. I had a zombie dodge with 5+ dodges through my defence 4 steps each turn (me playing elves) while I only got pushbacks on it. It scored too.

Those moments are comic though and fun. I might cheer them on even if it works.

-Mnemon

yeah its quite fun that! have had it a few times against me now and its funny when it does happen, i think a guy did multiple mummy dodges vs me and worked! Laughing

All comes down to the spirit of the game you play it with as well, Ive been lucky and made a few misclicks (silly optical mouse jumps now and again! Very Happy ) but one guy in particular said i was was sooo lucky and didnt deserve the win when a player stood up and dodged into 2 TZ!, but they are in the minority i think! Very Happy
Fama

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I say it was a good foul. 10% is just too much to risk, especially with sure hands khemri (picking ball up 75%, likely to fail, and 8 squares means 2 turns OR GFI. So if you fail the first pickup, it might even scatter away from the EZ, and if you fail it again, you would have drawed instead of winning.). In general, I find comments of those against fouling quite stupid, but comments of those who are with fouling also stupid. Just get on with it. If you don't like it, don't play the guy again.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
brownrob wrote:

Yeah - in that instance I think Ski should write some code in the client that makes the foul button flash or something! Laughing

HAHAHAHA! Maybe if you try to end turn with a DP that hasn't acted a pop-up could appear saying "Are you sure? Your DP hasn't acted and that Minotaur looks awful prone. That would be a terrible waste of a DP"

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe a hint button Smile but im guessing if paulhicks wrote the hint code the only button that would flash is the foul button! Laughing
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

And the full version, for the fans. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir, you can read Synn's dreams!

Will be a funny moment Caldoris Thundercall gets killed/maimed. He is obscene and should not exist, even I agree on that LOL.

still disliked all round!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!

Brilliant Mezir, where can I get one?! Very Happy

I can just see the chat now;

"Oi! Don't foul me!"

" I didn't want to but the Word paperclip told me to!"
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

evil paperclip! but the evil cat assistant would be best for Mezir Very Happy
keybounce

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I learned to play (years ago) in a no penalty league. Anything less than 8 fouls per game was considered sissy; one player prided on taking at least 14 fouls every game. When teams were just too badly damaged to continue, we started over.

Absolutely, foul, foul away.

When in doubt, foul. Period. If the odds are against you, and it's pointless, why are you in doubt?

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
I'm with a couple of other posters, in the situation you describe, I would not have fouled. I don't foul (unless I'm fouled first in which case I might Turn8/16 foul to 'get even') so I wouldn't have done it 'on principle' regardless of the score/positon on the field.

these are people like you that make me mad.... you argue you wouldn't foul but finally you foul for no reason, you dont even get spp you use fouls that are as valid as blocking as justifications for an unnessesary brutailization of the game and bad sportsmanship in community and pretend to be a good guy at the same time....

(In case you are also against blocking i maybe misunderstood you, and just have to say sry.)

Well I'm sorry you're mad but I can't understand why Smile . Maybe there's a language problem here but I don't get your point. I'm not pretending to be a 'good guy' - I wasn't making any moral judgement about whether fouling is good or bad.

I don't foul and I don't generally use DP's (with some small 'fluff' exceptions). It's not cause it's bad, its more a 'do unto others as you would have done unto you' policy. I don't like being fouled and losing players in that way. So if I foul you, I have to accept it if you foul me back - so I don't even start. Even if I have the ref or for 'tactical' reasons. I'm not saying you have to feel the same or that I'm 'right'. You do as you please.

The only circumstances where I do foul is as a response to what I would call 'gratuitous' fouling - you have no tactical reason to do so other than you've taken a dislike to one of my players or your trying to cripple my team and you foul repeatedly. I'm not making myself a doormat and let my opponent foul me with impunity but my teams aren't geared up for a fouling war either - so yeah, I'll leave it to turn 8/16 to respond.

I don't want this to turn into another fouling thread. I just point out that it is not correct that I
Quote:
but finally you foul for no reason

ps. Laughing @ Mezir's online help. Classic!
 Jump to: