34 coaches online • Server time: 00:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who should be made 'The Godfather'
Highest Ranked Family Member
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
New Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Family Member of your choice
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The Piemaker
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, what if giovanni dies by dodge failing or gfi failing? then the opponent does not really deserve the respect. instead i think we should get only a respect penalty on his family for the godfather killing himself.

same with called hits: what if i kill paolo now myself, by e.g. failing a gfi and dying? do i then get the respect from his family too? might be tempting... Wink)
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In the rules it states you get respect for Killing the Godfather so if he falls on his face you wont be getting any respect and the same goes with hits.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If Paolo seriously injures himself falling over and you use an Apo on him and change it to 'Killed' i'd be willing to give your Family the Respect. But if he dies falling on his face no one is entitled to it.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BlizzBirne wrote:
same with called hits: what if i kill paolo now myself, by e.g. failing a gfi and dying? do i then get the respect from his family too? might be tempting... Wink)

Some nice "accident"... sounds fine.
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

so, are you saying that as long as you can identify that i made it happen on purpose, you'll grant it? ;-P
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
In the rules it states you get respect for Killing the Godfather so if he falls on his face you wont be getting any respect and the same goes with hits.

what happens then if a godfather dies this way? i mean, last match you've been close to it (after apo recovery any gfi or dodge attempt might have led to it really).
just the family highest of respect at that point in time gets the godfather title on their highest SPP player?
no lack-of-protection-and-care-penalty for the old godfather family? I would like to see that the godfather family is penalized so that they need to be really high up on respect so that they can promote another of their players to godfather.

allthough ... just imagine if your highest SPP family member is a positional in another family team and made godfather, then I as the team coach of him might just let him die on purpose. and then your godfather didn't only die, but you also would have to take the penalty for your family without any blame hitting you. well. odd topic apparently. ;-P

any other viewpoints on this? i don't know what to think...
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

aah, politics!

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

3 things:
first if you're highest spp player is on another team and becomes godfather, then YES hell die easily, and you should be penalized for that.
second, cowhead, all 3 touchdowns in our game were by Montallegro family members so I should have 3 more respect before modifier. also the kingpins had 2 players become associate, San Martino and Raffadali (although Raffadali doesn't matter much now), and also Tommaso Trapani became a Soldier, so you missed Raffadali and Trapani's respect for those

third:
FOR EVERYONE (and if you want me to send a message too to make sure everyoe gets this I will)
If you are setting up for a blitz, a block, or a foul against Giovanni, and you hit the 4 minute timer warning, I WILL IMMEDIATELY time you out. I dislike long turns, and to have him die due to a super long turn would be unacceptable for me. As normal if you go over 4 minutes for anything else, I will simply give you a warning, and only time you out if you are doing it continually and don't have a good reason (like kids) for doing so.
You have been warned.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@nelphine you don't get Respect for Family Members scoring against you anymore.

The Rule now states
"Touchdown against a Rival Family + 3"

The same goes for Casualties
But i've lowered the amount of Respect you lose for negative actions.
e.g Turncoat was -10 last Season but is -5 this Season

Thanks for pointing out the 2 players that got Ranks, I always miss something Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, all right that works
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've added something to the rules for when Godfathers die.

"When a Godfather dies his Family loses the amount of Respect equal to the Godfathers SPP plus any Rank Respect earned."

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

that should, in later seasons guarantee massive respect turnover... I like it
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
I've added something to the rules for when Godfathers die.

"When a Godfather dies his Family loses the amount of Respect equal to the Godfathers SPP plus any Rank Respect earned."

what about the team?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

nothing. its the godfathers fault for allowing his best player to be onb someone elses team
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2012 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Trapani(-8%) vs Favara(+8%)

Trapani

TR
Win +20
1 Comp +1
1 TD +3
1 Int +5
3 Cas +9
1 Kill +5

FR
1 Int +5 (Talia Trapani)
1 Cas +3

TBM
+51

TAM
+46

RR
1 Associate +5 (Talia Trapani)

Total
+51

----------

Favara

TR
Loss -5
3 Cas +9 (1 foul)

FR
2 Cas +6 (1 foul)
1 Knucklehead -3 (Fiona Favara)

TBM
+7

TAM
+7

Total +7

----------

Rocella

1 Cas +3

+3

----------

Borgo Molara

1 Comp +1

+1

----------

San Martino

1 Associate +5

+5

----------

Raffadali

1 Cas +3
1 Kill +5
1 Associate +5

+13 (shame he's not active anymore Very Happy)

----------

Other Families

No Respect