48 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What about RIP and bonesy? You guys getting it together are you? Don't forget your Friday deadline troops. Rather than be forfeited, I will now be replacing your teams with teams from some of our other more eager coaches.

Please try to get your games played or at least PM me to let me know what's happening.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
vigil

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

RIPNE1 and CovertFun both have been logging on about 3 times a day - I think it's their opponents who are having trouble meeting up with them.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Logging on and arranging matches are two different things, but point taken...

Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye i must say, eager beavers Smile. Ive been in the actual league for 24-46 hrs max and already trying to cut me Smile.

I was in touch with Covertfun within 30 mins of me realising i was in and it was just unfortunate that we couldnt organise a game with the last 24 hrs, our times that we could spare simply didnt add up to a good 90 minute to 2 hr stretch. I predict though that we will certainly have our game done by friday easily (even if it is only half a week Smile).

Cheers.

p.s. Just to allay any fears, those half dozen or so guys in the league that ive played other online games with can certainly assure you that maintaining 1 game a week is well within my ability (and online gaming schedule Cool ), certainly i would predict more contstraints would be coming from my opponenets rather than my end (but im not here to point fingers at anyone, just allaying fears Smile).
cataphract

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I can see RIPNE1 has been online looking for bonesy to no end... since he uses my computer to do it... also he's been trying to get in contact with a certain twahn character for his juniors league match too! hmmm....

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tath, the Friday deadline does not apply to you and I have every faith that you will meet all your commitments. Smile

Cat, I know. Poor RIP. I've been pretty useless in getting that Juniors game organised. He never tells me a time in advance though!

Shifty

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

We've had two full weeks of league play now, and there's still teams in the east that have only managed to have one game. Most teams in the west have played their third.

Guys if you dont have time to play in the league, or are no longer interested in BB, can you please tell Twahn so he can put in a coach thats got the time to spare to play a match a week.
Zane

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Currently a little bit between computers and my current one is having a few troubles with Java Web Start. Hopefully I can get it fixed and me and Vrox can get our match over and done with, else it will have to wait for the weekend when I am back with an already set up computer... Smile
whitey

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've volunteered to keep track of the Western Regions equivalent of the Twahnlows. Following the points outline set out by Twahn here:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=43 . Now we need a name, any suggestions.
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I was happy to see that the second game in the third round of the SWL Eastern division was able to be completed, it brings us close behind the other older division. This quickly turned to concern though when i checked the game result hoping to see a write up.

The concern was over the fact that the game was conceded, with all rights and results going as described in the LRB. Im just wondering what happened ? Given that its still earlish in the round i am pretty sure it wasnt because the game couldnt be completed in time, so im curious as to what occured in the game to let it be ended in a concession ? It gives a huge boost to the winning team in such a short structured round robin type tournament. If it was becos the opponents have pulled out i would rather see a new team inserted rather than just a concession.

Either way im just interested ad concerned as to why it happened Sad . Hopefully to ensure such things dont happen to often (mainly due to the unbalancing nature of the resultant outcome of conceded games).

Cheers
neverborn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I presume youre talking about my game?

Basically it ended in a concession because i forced it. Killed one of his skinks, BH another, Niggled one saurus and BH two others.

Leaving him drastically outnumbered and with only one person with agility over 1 left on the pitch.

I'm about to do the write up now.
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
I presume youre talking about my game?

Basically it ended in a concession because i forced it. Killed one of his skinks, BH another, Niggled one saurus and BH two others.

Leaving him drastically outnumbered and with only one person with agility over 1 left on the pitch.

I'm about to do the write up now.

isnt that how its meant to go ? (at least for my teams it seems so Wink ).

a shame ... still given the structure of the tournament it seems a rhetorical move. similar in a sense to retiring teams (and sadly i seriously considered retiring my Wood Elves due to similar outcomes as those above) only the fact its a league/round robin tournament will keep me in, regardless of the fact i doubt i will even be able to compete on an even level for the remainder of the games (i bet those i have yet to face are rubbing their hands with glee Twisted Evil ).

interested to read the match report, hope its as good as your previous ones neverborn.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Your Match Reports are top notch, Neverborn. It'll be a pleasure to welcome you into the arms of the Premiership come season 2 (assuming your winning record remains intact). Wink

neverborn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

glad to hear it, i do like a good match report!

my report on the game vs bonsey has just been updated (fyi)
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Draennon and his Paladins (who has forfeited his last game and not logged on for 17 days) have been ejected from his Division, replaced with m0nty and his Comedy chaps.

Draennon has not been kicked from the League, and will of course be able to re-enter if he returns to us.

Meanwhile, game on!! Smile

Jump to: