15 coaches online • Server time: 04:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sweet-Zombie-Jesus

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread makes me want a one turner Ogre with break tackle. Yer, I think I will do that.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

All I have to say on this matter is that PeteW won a Major thanks to Mr. Fantastic

...and it was both the most lame and the most awesome player I have ever seen.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
while its relativly hard to push a ma 8 trough on a good defenese and really hard on a ma 7, a ma 9 or 10 player is almost unstoppable...

How do you get a MA 8 or 7 player pushed far enough for it to one-turn? With frenzy? I can do it for a MA9-woodelf, but how do you get a player pushed two extra squares?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mortlach wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
while its relativly hard to push a ma 8 trough on a good defenese and really hard on a ma 7, a ma 9 or 10 player is almost unstoppable...

How do you get a MA 8 or 7 player pushed far enough for it to one-turn? With frenzy? I can do it for a MA9-woodelf, but how do you get a player pushed two extra squares?

With Ma8 it's a pretty standard move, no need for frenzy, provided a 3-players LoS

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
So, it has come to my attention that some people consider player that are built to be one-turners are lame. Can they explain why?

Eventually!! I see it happen!

Always, Cherrypicking, foul threads and one turner threads were named as the "debated to death" threads. But I never saw one.

thank you Torsoboy Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

and by the way: It's much more fun to give your MA10 player shadowing instead of sprint.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
Thanks for that piece, SillySod. Time for me to lay my cards on the table, I used to think oneturners are lame too - I felt it was just common knowledge that oneturners are lame. Challenging common knowledge changed my mind about this.

I changed my mind too. After all, no stalling team can be safe if you have a one-turner, as you can destroy his nice 8 turns stall and bash system in a quick counter.

Lame probably, but I wanna win after all!

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
If the answer was b) then say it, I dare you Smile

It IS too powerful a tool.
This kinda makes it lame.
Mr Fantastic was a hell of a player, nobody would have EVER turned down the double ag and the double ma... but it was still a lame oneturner.

Everybody has wet dreams about eleven claw/rsc chaos guys all on the pitch at the same time... but a chaos team that chooses 11 claw/rsc, while sexy, would still be as lame as hell.

BB is a game with luck swings and tactical properties. When there's a tool that unbalances too heavily the luck odds and/or almost nullifies the tactical aspects just for being there, then I call that tool a lame one.

Of course, that's a lame tool I'd love to possess myself, but this doesn't make it any less-lame.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mortlach wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

you're asking questions.... well for starters check the helpfile http://fumbbl.com/help:OTT ... you don't need frenzy.. its more important you provide a big amount of players like 11... then it pretty much depends on the opponents setup... its rather complicated....

the best advise i can give is... try it in stand alone and figure it out for one setup and the system will get more clearly for you for other setups....

(best would be to show you some pictures but i dont really have the nerves to do that.... maybe some gentle coach will update the OT section ones with some new standart examples.... )

please note that not every coach is using the same strategies here...

most coaches for example leave a hole were they can put the opponents players into and look how it goes from there....

i myself prefer a very player intense chainpush reaction involving four players that puts my own player imidiatly one squeare closer to the opponents td line... but leaves one more square distance between me and my opponents...

whatever you decide to do... you always gotta think the entire thing ahead before you start acting... you will have to add additional players later as 'walls' for the pushed player... to get the maximum efficiency, its very important that you dont use players as useless walls were you dont need them...

you have the option to either do another advanced chainpush reaction... or just put your player stepwise closer to his goal... 3 squares will not be so much of a problem... if you managed to get your player two squares closer to its goal, the opponents player will be one square closer directly behind him... .... and on the other side he will still be connected to your frontline... now if you added enough walls you just push him another square....

from here things get tricky.... the opponents player will no longerr be connected to the fronline and a normal block, will normally not be any longer possible.... so you either used him beforehead to push two of your players down in the first place... but you can also involve a second opponents player and push him on the first opponents player, who then again is pushed on your oneturnscorer.. you can also get through the distance of two squares with a frenzier

finally you can do it like i prefer it and leave a distance of one players between your scorer and the 'abused' opponents guy in the first place.... ... then he will be only one square closer to his goal line when your guy is already three squares closer to his...

in any case you gonna need tons of 'walls' and it will be very very hard..... if your opponent isnt extremly noobish he wont make it easy for you and you will have to work around his setup... wich is.... always possible as long as there is a least one player without sidestep or stand firm

i dont think scoring with movement 7 is always possible... i cant even recall it ever worked for me...
but i had some theoretical chances in the past... its more some very unreliable option, you simply use because you got nothing to loose at this point..

I really recommend spending some time in stand alone for it since its the only thing in the game you can learn like that.......

id go that far to say, a coach that isnt able to score with a skaven blitzer in one turn doesn't really qualify as a skaven coach......scoring with just ma 7 then again is that hard that you can put it aside as only extreme measure hard core coach tactics...
Ivaneitor

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think scoring with a oneturner player is a lamer tactic...you have to pick up the ball, pass it, make a blitz to clear the path or some dodges...and at last you have to check various GFIs and everybody knows that Nuffle loves to knock down GFIing players in the TD line, injuring them most of the times...there's a lot of dice you can fail. It's like Throwing team mates...yes you can score in one turn but I have tried it twice with a orc team and both times the goblin was killed, one eaten by the troll, another splatted in the landing.

A oneturner player don't grants to score in one turn every time you try it. It's only a possibility with several rolls and every roll can fail and leave your loved player exposed to a multiplayer foul Razz
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's just all agree that everyone elses teams do things we dont like and consider lame Very Happy
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

odi wrote:
Let's just all agree that everyone elses teams do things we dont like and consider lame Very Happy

I agree. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

you're asking questions.... well for starters check the helpfile http://fumbbl.com/help:OTT ... you don't need frenzy.. its more important you provide a big amount of players like 11... then it pretty much depends on the opponents setup... its rather complicated....

the best advise i can give is... try it in stand alone and figure it out for one setup and the system will get more clearly for you for other setups....

(best would be to show you some pictures but i dont really have the nerves to do that.... maybe some gentle coach will update the OT section ones with some new standart examples.... )

I updated the OTT section to include Humans (or for that matter MA8).

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

2 go for it's with MA11
or a few chainpushes to make it "Proper"

ill take the one turner that cant be defended against and annoys everyone thank you Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

I updated the OTT section to include Humans (or for that matter MA8).

Nice work xcver, i'm awful at OTT's so will check that out the next time my WIL humans need a last turn score, only needing 9 players is good as well.

I also like Falesh's guide in his blog. That's for MA 7 so most developed teams can manage that, even the slower teams can hope to get +MA on an MA6 guy.

Jump to: