16 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
amazon and the strongest elf race darke have no restrictions, while all the weaker elf races must take dp on every player... norse are nerved aswell...

How are Norse 'Nerfed' in the Barbarian Hero team? All that's restricted is the Minotaur, and the Majority of Norse players in the rest of Fumbbl take the Ogre (Golem/Terracotta warrior) in any case. Barbarian heroes are even allowed to keep their star when Amazons are not...

As for witch elves; I don't even agree whoely with the idea of removing them (and so havn't done so yet). Even the Assassin's guild has a few psychotics such as Jonathan Teatime in their midst. Mostly so that the guild can keep an eye on them...
Grin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My Heroes will beat every Amazon team just by coolness....! Wink And I won't use a Terracotta Warrior, I have a different idea....!

*Evil Grin*
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wee Free Men are in though in goblin stylings not their usual gnomes Sad

Flings Rule!
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I think the real beauty of the league is that people can make their own restrictions within the very broad categories. For example one of the assassins guild teams might decide that no one was going to take guard - assassins generally operate alone.

PS, I assume I'm allowed to hire prototypes (star secret weapons)? Where would the philosophers be without beauty, trust, and a concoction of sodium and explodium as an interesting demonstration of alchemical theory.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
To be honest I think the real beauty of the league is that people can make their own restrictions within the very broad categories. For example one of the assassins guild teams might decide that no one was going to take guard - assassins generally operate alone.

If I were to join this league, I'd probably go with this. The combination of no guard and me coaching darkies is probably more than enough of a handicap. There are a lot of other restrictions you could put on them (eg first skill pro for everyone, the players demanding a certain number of assistant coaches etc), but I'll think about it (and possibly join) after exams...
Gordreg

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
PS, I assume I'm allowed to hire prototypes (star secret weapons)? Where would the philosophers be without beauty, trust, and a concoction of sodium and explodium as an interesting demonstration of alchemical theory.

Now how could I say no to that argument? XD

*Updates rules*
Grin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

2 more teams needed and we have 2 groups! Come on people, we need some more diversity and plenty of themes wait for a picker...! Wink
Steve

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Wee Free Men are in though in goblin stylings not their usual gnomes

I did the Nac Mac Feegles as goblins as the rules stated pictsies to use the goblin or halfling rules. But perhas thy are better represented by humans, they are just as tough and even hits harder! Any chans on that? Wink

We now have two Wee Free Teams. Some civilwar is coming! Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmmm, I suppose they can only block minotaurs if you have exactly four of them?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
I went to a signing for Making Money a couple of years back, I was so star struck I could barely tell Terry my name.

well, you'd be ok now. you could make a complete muppet of yourself, cos he's not gonna remember the next day ...
joncross

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If the slot is till open I'd like to join with the Viper House Rules when i return from work this evening
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, put my name down for Cobra House, I'll join once my exams are over (end of May). Very Happy

I'll have a think and come up with some crazy rules to make things even harder for me. Does anyone remember which books mention Cobra House specifically, or anything about them differentiating them from the other assassin houses? Smile
Grin

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord Vetinari was member of which house?
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grin wrote:
Lord Vetinari was member of which house?

I don't think it's ever specified, just that he was at the guild... Though I could well be wrong, it's been a while since I read any Discworld book, and there are a few I've never read Smile
joncross

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've joined with Viper House Rules, hope there's a spot left Smile
 Jump to: