41 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
Is there a link to the original stunty icons? What about the stunty rosters?

I got the rosters (with icons) here:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl?part=roster
(just hide the lrb4 and FFB rosters).

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

WB: Thanks, I've added 2 pixels width to the aligator warrior, as he's av 8.

FR: Personally I find it much easier working with a base, than scratch. So any work you can do, would be appreciated.

Revamped a bit Image Image

On my to do list:

Grass skirts.
Work on combining basic headwear with the basic pygmy.
Wings for eagle warriors.
Claw and armour for krox.
Jaguar Warriors ears, and smooth some of the lines.
Mouth on 2nd face painted pygmy.

Potential problems:

Size, they're looking a little large.
Home/away team colour. I may need to add some red somewhere.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Personally I find it much easier working with a base, than scratch. So any work you can do, would be appreciated.

QFT. This is the key to doing good icons, and a lot of them at once. For a typical set of icons like the 6 Goblin Squig Herders,I spend about 50-65% of the total time making the 'naked' base if I don't have one. Then, of the remaining time, 50% usually goes into the first one for armour/clothing/etc, and the remaining time to finish off the other 5 icons.

I will try and get you a good Eshin base FR. I think they are some sort of Skaven, correct?

On the sizing, I think your icons are fine HM. The only two you may consider adjusting are the Gator and Jag warriors, maybe just by moving the head gear down one pixel. The extra girth of the Gator makes him look bigger. For him, because he is stout, you could even shorten the legs one pixel instead of the hat. My C'flings are shorter than the goblins on purpose, as I picture the gobs as taller, but more scrawny, versus puggy little haffers. The pygmies to me should fall somewhere in between.If you look at the comparison, they are ok:

ImageImage

They are still shorter than Dwarves, the smallest ST3, but those guys are supposed to be stout. Honestly, the most out of proportion icon here is the human. They are ~2 pixels too short.

Some small feed back on the pygmies:
1. They are coming along really nicely. Looking forward to them.
2. One thing I have started doing, that is subtle but effective, is to lighten some of the upper outlines on armour and helmets. Check my Herders out to see this effect, or the shoulder plating on the icon I made you. You can achieve more depth, and a sense of lighting this way. The Gator hat is a good example where you might want to experiment with this. Also with the Eagle feathers.
3. Like the way the Eagle is coming along. Would suggest the raised arm is less fat on the bottom by 1 pixel. Will allow more of the wing to show and look more proportionally correct. For the same hand, look at the herders with spears. Try 2 pixels each for the fingers (total of four) instead of 1 deep. Use light body tones to accentuate. Will look like a fist.
4. Krox is coming along well. Might want to look at the Saurus' with bones on them. You could steal a set of bones for some lower arm armour.?
5. For the standard pygmies, tribal paint in red a blue (a few stripes) might work. I plan on doing this for the Forest Goblins.

Hope my suggestions aren't annoying you. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I will try and get you a good Eshin base FR. I think they are some sort of Skaven, correct?

precisely the "gutter runner" part of skaven.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

precisely the "gutter runner" part of skaven.

Thanks!

Will fix up an improved GR base for the Eshin then.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Night runners are a cheap version of a gutter runner. They seem to have a bit of a ninja feel.

Here is one of the current ones: Image
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Early work on an Eshin Assassin, from a modified Gutter Runner.

Had to trim it down a bit and it is still at 24 px. Though a little taller and narrower may be the way to go on Eshin like the Goblins. If the height is right it may work as a good base for the stalker as well.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it looks really good FreeRange. I would prefer that as the Skaven Gutter Runner!

I hope you don't mind, I had a quick go at it and changed a few minor things. (Sorry for no transparency, did it in MSPaint.) Used the Chaos fling legs (same style as the Pygmies and goblins), cleaned up around the hands, the tail and the cloak in a few minor spots. I also shortened it 1 or 2 pixels. If you can make the rest of the team (minus the ST1s) around that it would be awesome.

Edit: On the whole height issue, I think I may look at how hard it would be to get my Goblins 1 pixel shorter. We'll see how the others look without the tall hoods on.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I like him.

I think he'd look a bit better though if the tail was moved to the right a bit (losing 2 pixels on the way). It looks a little disjoined* at the moment.

Also his hands are rather large, he looks like a fist fighter with those. Can they be slimmed down a bit?

disjointed* Rolling Eyes

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %27, %2012 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You are correct, hands were too big. Went to the standard size we have for gobs & pygmies. Moved the tail too.

Sorry to mess with him FR, I can't help myself. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

no worries, I did the same Image

Smaller hands and slimmed the arms, moved the tail to the right, looks better now.

I re-added the highlights to the end of the fingers... gives the impression of claws
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Will let you be to finish off the rest of the team. I think this base will be great for the rest of the team, minus the ST1 guy.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

First go at the Eshin Stalker Image

What I found out is that shades of grey are hard to work with.

And Night Runner Image

Cross between a skaven thrower and dark elf assassin, with a knife added from scratch.

Just realized the Night Runner is str 1... time to shrink the bugger = Image

and two adepts - Image Image

and just so they all can be together the Assassin - Image Image
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a small proposal... Can one of the chaos flings have a bloodied chefs hat? I would love that.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

How long is it going to be before the icons are completed and implemented do we think?

Awesome work btw, i'm a huge stunty leeg fan and have been awaiting the migration.
Wish I could help with the icons but I'd have no idea how to, lol

Jump to: