38 coaches online • Server time: 11:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

to ride the coat tails of what AD is saying, especially with Orcs and the MVP rule

If you are set to redraft your team, you're going to shell out for Blitzers of merit and not spend another gold piece more. A stable of rookie Black Orcs can be fed MVPs to get at least two of them up to Block/Guard in the first half of the season if a half season length is over 10 games. Rinse repeat until the Blitzers become way too expensive thanks to "wants to retire".

Dorfs get a similar benefit - you'll mostly keep your 6 other positional players in redraft mode and can feed MVPs to blockers to get a solid base of Guard Standfirm by mid season.

This is of course under the conditions that we're a few seasons into BB2016 but I can see both really enjoying an slight advantage here.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"league" play should NEVER, EVER be introduced to R/B play. It is at total "odds" with open perpetual play that it causes so many cascading issues.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Garion, a couple of people have 'outed' themselves (or heavily hinted at doing so) in other areas of the BB internet. See my 'insider' comment above (and note the use of punctuation); there are very likely community members involved at some level, but the buck appears to stop resolutely with GW. I don't mean to be teasing or deliberately woolly, but there isn't a publicly available list or official statement to point you at. You have to do a bit of legwork and maths. Not that it matters anyway, as mrt has eloquently noted. Wink

That's fine, as long as geggster or neoliminal etc are involved I'm happy. I just worry that too much will be changed to the point in which the game is some daft dice fest.if there are some old heads about we should be ok.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
"league" play should NEVER, EVER be introduced to R/B play. It is at total "odds" with open perpetual play that it causes so many cascading issues.

This is my core concern with the new rules set. If there are ever seasons in R/B, will have a hard time keeping interest. For the sake of FUMBBL you really should not discourage people from building legendary teams.

A coach needs to be able to build towards two or three legends on a team.

I really do enjoy low TV games but I want to see my teams develop over a couple hundred games.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Expensive mistakes: just mean a team is unlikely to have more than 100k spare cash for any length of time. Is that it or am I missing something?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Expensive mistakes: just mean a team is unlikely to have more than 100k spare cash for any length of time. Is that it or am I missing something?

More than 100k but the gist is right - it's a yoke on building a fat bank.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you can go up to the 290K mark and still have a good chance of keeping your gold. Although you have a 1/3 chance to suffer the new form of spiraling expenses and lose 1D3X10 Gold OR a 1/6 chance of losing half your gold.

The interesting thing will be right before a major. Some coaches will take the chance and jam their treasury into the 300-400K range. IF they get lucky on their last match and do not lose half or all of the treasury they are set for that opening round of the tourney to spend some cash...then next round have some more and so on and so on.

Another way of looking at it....it is a random construct like ageing, it just effects your gold stash. Some coaches will get a lucky string of matches and others will just keep rolling a 1 once they hit the 100k+ range and keep losing gold and getting mad.

Looking at the chart it seems to me, my comfort level, take the gold to the 300-390K range and just rolling the gold ageing and hope it comes up good.

***Side Note***

Does this roll happen before or after you collect your winnings?

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Does this roll happen before or after you collect your winnings?

You do all the post-match team-update stuff first. Collect winnings, hire/fire players and goods, dump cash. Then roll for Expensive Mistakes.

We are running it in our TT league and the plan is to keep my Necro treasury at 290k or lower.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Get that assistant coach bought just so you can stop going into that next treasury modifier bracket.

Oh my word, I have just seen my Forgotten Villains team have gone from being Undead to Shambling Undead! Oh the insult!
Oh how it doesn't slip off the tongue. Necromantic and Undead was a lot simpler. Ghoul now is Ghoul runner. Minor quibbles though.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noticed that in R/B the matches now have the optional rule that PO requires a Team Reroll to use enabled.

FYI

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Just noticed that in R/B the matches now have the optional rule that PO requires a Team Reroll to use enabled.

FYI

Kalimar wrote (https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22352):

"pilingOnUsesATeamReroll now active in all divisions. Skill will be removed in [R] and [B] later."

So the Piling On with Team RR is just temporary, probably in order to make a "soft" transition to the no Piling On in [R] and [B].
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

So the Piling On with Team RR is just temporary, probably in order to make a "soft" transition to the no Piling On in [R] and [B].

We will see what happens. This "soft" transition might be with us for awhile.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PILE ON WILL BE REMOVED IN STUNTY LEEG?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:

The FUMBBL universe has just spun on the Z axis and is leaving the know universe.

Stunty is stunty...what happens in stunty stays in stunty and we over in R/B like it that way.

Shocked

** The non fluff response **

Stunty is a Div all on its own. The admins who oversee it do not care what R/B/L rules are used.

They create their own rule set. They are only constrained by the limitations of the client rules which are for some unkown reason set up to cater to R/B/L play.

** WTH? **

Kalmiar, when you become bored, you need to set up a new FFB client just for stunty..that way the we can make Blood Bowl full of fluff, fun, mayhem, crazy stuff and bring back all the old 2ed BB crap.....IT will be so great that most coaches will quit BB2016 and just play the fun version of BB.

Laughing Surprised

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2017 - %23:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Bakunin wrote:

The FUMBBL universe has just spun on the Z axis and is leaving the know universe.

Stunty is stunty...what happens in stunty stays in stunty and we over in R/B like it that way.

Shocked

** The non fluff response **

Stunty is a Div all on its own. The admins who oversee it do not care what R/B/L rules are used.

They create their own rule set.

Yea, I know, but would like to know how Big a hit my Squig Herders is gonna take.
 Jump to: