15 coaches online • Server time: 05:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
So OFAB is an acceptable trade off for being a scoring machine, str 4, RSC and fairly reliable with both pro and reroll access? While WA isn't powerfull enough to make up for being a powerful scorer and good defensive marker?
Pretty much (the other OFAB on the Squig team helps balance them as well)
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I guess I just don't see it but I would think having to roll 4+ to move or burn thier blitz is preventative enough to keep them toned down to a reasonable level until some chainsaw comes along and cuts off a couple of legs. Spiders should be really good at catching in my opinion and even at ma 7 st3 ag 3 I don't think they're gonna be unstoppable, especially without a reliable passer.
Fizban

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

Fizban wrote:
Why do we feel the need to give Shaman's (G) access?

I felt someone should get it since most teams now have a smattering of it. Would you rather have 4 Blockle players with Stakes?

But there are other ways to make the team interesting and competetive without simply giving them what other teams have. Foul App or (P) on Shamans, the MA7 ST3 on spiders, a star spider with a dagger and leap, more star players, etc.

What I'm saying is make em comperable without copying what other teams have.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

a roster

0-2 Spider Rider 90k 7 3 2 7 Dodge, Leap, Bonehead, Shadowing, Two Heads (A,S)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 60k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (A,P)
0-2 Forest Goblin Stikka 60k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A,G)
0-16 Forest Goblins 30k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty (A)

bonehead and 2 heads at the same time. rider and mount works togather well or they struggle. with lower AG makes harder to get the ball and to dodge. i would not use wild animal, coz this limits the player for blocking or blitzing.

i would give G access to the goblin with stakes. and lower the number of players from 0-4 to 0-2.

a possible pass access to the hypno player.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fizban wrote:
What I'm saying is make em comperable without copying what other teams have.

It's not really about "copying" what other teams have, with the recent revisions most teams were given some access to G skills on non BGs, I think Forest Goblins shouldn't be excluded from that, and the Shaman's seemed the best choice for it.

Kalamona wrote:

0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 60k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (A,P)
0-2 Forest Goblin Stikka 60k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A,G)
0-16 Forest Goblins 30k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty (A)

bonehead and 2 heads at the same time. rider and mount works togather well or they struggle. with lower AG makes harder to get the ball and to dodge. i would not use wild animal, coz this limits the player for blocking or blitzing.

i would give G access to the goblin with stakes. and lower the number of players from 0-4 to 0-2.

a possible pass access to the hypno player.

I had considered Ag 2 on the spiders earlier, but HunterX and I both felt it would make Leap almost completely unused and therefore not really in the spirit of the pouncing spiders. WA is ok with No Hands since you won't really be doing anything else with them besides Blocking and Blitzing.

I wouldn't want to reduce the Stikkas to 2 since I think that makes the team too bland.

P access on the Shaman seems even more out of place than G access to me.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
Well I guess I just don't see it but I would think having to roll 4+ to move or burn thier blitz is preventative enough to keep them toned down to a reasonable level until some chainsaw comes along and cuts off a couple of legs. Spiders should be really good at catching in my opinion and even at ma 7 st3 ag 3 I don't think they're gonna be unstoppable, especially without a reliable passer.

The Spiders don't handle the ball. They are wild animals without hands. Their riders hands are occupied with controlling their mounts and remaining in their seats. No Hands is much better fluff-wise.

And this is Stunty Leeg, how many skills do you think they are likely to get before dying or retiring. Be realistic.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

if they have str 3 and they are not stunty and have at leat av7 they can manage a quite long life.

fluff wise i dont think it is harder to stay on a spider and handle the ball then stay on a squig hopper and do the same...
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
fluff wise i dont think it is harder to stay on a spider and handle the ball then stay on a squig hopper and do the same...

No Hands for Hoppers then! Wink
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
0-2 Spider Rider 100k 7 3 3 7 Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Shadowing, Two Heads, Wild Animal (A)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 60k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (G,A)
0-4 Forest Goblin Stikka 60k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A)
0-16 Forest Goblins 40k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty (A)

So is this roster acceptable as a final draft to be considered for the Stunty Compendium?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I might as well try one last arguement for the removal of No Hands on the spider riders.... It is totally inconsistant with the fluff already in stunty league, Fumlig da Venomuz Spida is a spider without a rider and he can carry the ball, Squig Hopper's are riders on a much bouncier, harder to control mount and they can carry the ball. What is the reason behind a Spider Rider's No Hands? They aren't killers, stikkas will be doing that . They aren't blitzers with no general access, shamans will be doing that. 100k is a lot to spend for a player who is virtually useless... they can dodge well to give assists and are great defensive markers but what is the point if they fail a 4+ WA roll half the time just to move, there's no point blizting with them when after a few games a block/tackle/stripball shaman can do it better. "If" they ever make it to 6spps and get a skill they become slightly more useful but I still think they will be used mostly to tie up big guys or recievers. I always thought that forest goblins were the coolest of the various goblins but night goblins always seem to get all the love, please give these guys a purpose and make them fun. General access to make nice blitzers out of them or the removal of no hands and I would see these guys being fun and moderately competitive but the roster as it stands makes me think that most teams would have a signifigant advantage. At the moment without rolling doubles the spiders never change, they just become harder to get away from with sidestep and diving tackle and faster with sprint and surefeet. Even with those skills they can't tie up as many players as a beast of nurgle... I just don't see the point of them.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
I understand your concern, although I still think that they'll see their fair share of blitzes for 3 reasons:
1. Wild Animal
2. 7 MA
3. ST 3!

G access might make them TOO good. But if they make it in, and testing shows they're not effective, G access later is always a possibility.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
halivaraith wrote:
I understand your concern, although I still think that they'll see their fair share of blitzes for 3 reasons:
1. Wild Animal
2. 7 MA
3. ST 3!

G access might make them TOO good. But if they make it in, and testing shows they're not effective, G access later is always a possibility.

I'd give them hands before G.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
halivaraith wrote:
1. Wild Animal
2. 7 MA
3. ST 3!

I'd give them hands before G.

MA 7 St 3 AG 3 and Hands!?

G access without hands would be far less powerful. (similar to Skink Raptors)
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hands is all I'm asking for Very Happy
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say:

everything would be a lot easier if you could give up on the LEAP idea. If they had ag 3 + leap + 2 heads, that would be a the time when i would always dodge. there could be only very few situations where i risked a 4+ leap instead of a 2+ dodge. even if i went thru a tackle zone i would get 3+ and a dodge. moving thru 2 tackle zones would be a 4+ but still have the dodge and a possible rr.
 Jump to: