26 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
altus_bellator

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, mully you took it too personally. I am a sarcastic ass, but more in fun than anything.

On a note not meant to offend anyone, :p with this season coming to a close any word on how next season will be setup? Division-wise, and number of games wise?
Meech

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

altus_bellator wrote:
Bah, mully you took it too personally. I am a sarcastic ass, but more in fun than anything.

On a note not meant to offend anyone, :p with this season coming to a close any word on how next season will be setup? Division-wise, and number of games wise?

Well if I ever saw you in chat then you would know that is something that is being discussed. Wink I think we need to find out how many fringe teams we will have next season before we can determine the rounds.

Edit: Oops forgot to finish the sentence.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah your on post 8. Not my fault your in the NWL channel when normal state workers play WoW. Very Happy

On a side note, while I really like the idea of being able to play a game in between seasons I think you would see that taken advantage of very quickly, and then you'd start getting into the fight of who is cherry picking who...blah. Just not worth the headaches overall.

I don't think I saw an answer to the question of whether or not admins can clear a team's roster of missing players for the start of season? Is that even possible? Leave all injuries of course, but give everyone the ability to at least start the season with their full team's roster.

Pro's cons?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

altus_bellator wrote:

Yeah I took it too harsh. No problem. I like sarcastic asses. Even better if you can do it while cursing.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

An option for the between season injuries is to have each team play a game vs The Recovery Team and simply click through the entire game. The only problem might be the free MVP (though if every team got one it would be fair) and possible FF change (still everyone risks it, so it's fair), money would obviously be burned and freak kickoff injuries would just mean a restart.
altus_bellator

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea craft. Technically speaking that would be breaking a ton of fumbbl policy rules, but would this be considered an exception to the rule if it was confined within a league?

Also, this would be contigent on all of the NWL admins having an added responsibility of meeting for 10 minutes or so with every coach between seasons. Da_Todd and others would have extra work because of it. I like the idea, but not sure if it would fly.

I guess from an admin point, a NWL tournament could be setup between seasons. Everyone paired up with another coach specifically to click next and get through the match. That would take the majority of the head ache off the admins of NWL....just a thought. Curious what others will think.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Current TR Caps : Prem 235 ; Vet 190 ; Fringe 150

Recovery - I am fine with any team playing any recovery game that get them above the TR cap for the league BELOW them. For example, Premiere teams could play as many recovery games between season as it takes to get up to 190 TR. Vet teams could play as many recovery games between season as it takes to get up to 150 TR.

The objective is you don't want a team's season to be doomed before they even play a game.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Some quick answers:

1. No "recovery team" concept. Your team may not stay in NWL forever, so this won't fly. Besides that just feels wrong anyway.

2. No Admins cannot manipulate rosters.

3. eventually Fringe will be more of a holding tank for teams, and any teams in Fringe can play anyone else in Fringe, as long as they are not currently involved in an NWL tourney, and they are not currently over the Fringe TR Cap of 150.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI - My post was speaking of real games played vs outside teams rather than the recovery type game suggested by craftnburn.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2007 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What if the game vs the "recovery team" was one you are forced to concede? Getting your MNG players back for the cost of one FF is not a bad sacrifice. You lose nor gain anything else.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2007 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also have players retire.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2007 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Then you might decide not to go for it.
Bacillen

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The recovery team concept all sounds just too fancy for me !
Messing about with MNG's going into the next season is fiddling with the natural order of things just too much says I.
I think the NWL rules as they are need some seasons to be shown to work or not, though they definately do work for the SWL.

The primary ingredient for a league like this to work is coaches who are in it not so much to win any way they can, but to have fun trying to win.
The SWL's level of fluff subtly contributes to this less rule-governed but vital attribute of a successful league, and if the NWL needs any help it is there.

Anyways I'm really here to post a congrats to the Foetown Fraggles for winning Vet Conf B.
With a tight 3 way tie on points it was the Fraggles' casualty difference that put them above the pack...an impressive feat for a young skaven team !
Whitesun

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

eh, starting below the TR cap is not that bad, at least you still have room to develop, which for me is part of the fun. Besides, starting the season with some hurt players mirror real sports in some ways. Then again, I didn't read the entire thread, so you can ignore me if I don't make any sense at all! Very Happy
Bacillen

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh starting below the cap is fine and normal...
Again in the SWL, when you join you enter with a new TR100 team into the TR150 capped regionals.
It's not supposed to be easy to promote in your first season !
 Jump to: