44 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Challenge Accepted
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remember to burn all your extra cash hiring and firing cheerleaders to avoid the dreaded 'j-man abuse' rule.

Oh, look, there's EM to legitimize something else!
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
Not taking that bloodweiser could cost you your entire treasury or half of it [...]

Expensive Mistakes happens in the post-match sequence. The main thing that could cost you your entire treasury (1/6 with a 300-390K treasury) is not buying stuff before the EM sequence.

Since a keg is more than your winnings expectations for a game, all you need to maintain your treasury between 200 and 300 is to buy one keg or to buy stuff.

Buying stuff. What's wrong with that?

Not sure how that relates even in the slightest to the thrust of my post?

DLE College 7s
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
thoralf wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
Not taking that bloodweiser could cost you your entire treasury or half of it [...]

Expensive Mistakes happens in the post-match sequence. The main thing that could cost you your entire treasury (1/6 with a 300-390K treasury) is not buying stuff before the EM sequence.

Since a keg is more than your winnings expectations for a game, all you need to maintain your treasury between 200 and 300 is to buy one keg or to buy stuff.

Buying stuff. What's wrong with that?

Not sure how that relates even in the slightest to the thrust of my post?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that thoralf isn't sure either.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
but you're not going to get too far with bad maths here.

Nah, the point pretty much stands.

Pointing out that I used an approximation means nothing. This isn't a court of law or a maths contest.

You pointed it out ineffectively by the way. You could have just said "I see you are using an approximation". Would have saved you a post or two.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
licker wrote:

Pointing out that I used an approximation means nothing. This isn't a court of law or a maths contest.

You pointed it out ineffectively by the way. You could have just said "I see you are using an approximation". Would have saved you a post or two.

Report to the Hague, chop chop.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
licker wrote:

I corrected you and gave you the information with which to make an accurate assessment of what cash earnings actually are.

I still don't know what point you were trying to make, nor what point you are trying to make now, other than that when there was an easy way to use a better approximation you chose to continue with a clearly incorrect one.

Like I said, that's great, but any point you are trying to make from that basis is going to be pretty irrelevant.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The whole thread is in the context of R & B.

To you maybe.

There are also posts about 1) this new dynamic, 2) new divisions, 3) implications for [L]eague.

Anyway, you seem to be basing your disgust for this new rule upon the higher range of arbitrary numbers people are throwing about here, and ignore that people suggest 8 or 10 game seasons.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I still don't know what point you were trying to make

The post is still there if you flip back a couple of pages.

The numbers were correct enough for the purpose of making that point.

Give me a call when you figure it out.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am aware of the post, you seem unaware of the critique of it which had nothing to do with correct or incorrect winnings.

But if you are trying to say that teams only earn 280k and that's not enough to worry about EM or spending any cash during the season.

Then, well, already covered that too.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:

To you maybe.

There are also posts about 1) this new dynamic, 2) new divisions, 3) implications for [L]eague.

Anyway, you seem to be basing your disgust for this new rule upon the higher range of arbitrary numbers people are throwing about here, and ignore that people suggest 8 or 10 game seasons.

It is still a ridiculous rule. Saying it won't happen often isn't much of a defense when it didn't have to happen at all.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What? Who? When?

We are discussing making new Open format Divisions to rival R/B?

Surprised

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Well, as I pointed out around 15 pages ago. This is the central point of contention when it comes to seasons.

Some want it 8-10.

Some want 16

Some want 20

Some want 25

Some want 18754

Some want to just ignore this one optional rule in R/B.

So

Have at it.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

IF there will be seasons in RnB, and that's a huge IF in itself, the number of games will - if Fumbbl history is anything to go by - be decide based on thorough calculations much like what was done for the rookie protection given in the Blackbox scheduler. IMO.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Lets never forget one thing.

League will be able to disable and/or change how "season play" is implemented in each of the hundreds of leagues.

Ranked/Box..... It effects every single coach who plays in those two Divs. There is no way to move to another league to play under "seasons" that I like. You have to just suck it up and accept what the new mandate from on high is.