42 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post Draft League Expansi...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ancre

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and there are a few more interesting strength skills available also, I've heard, that's a minor good point for CDs Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
Rock/paper/scissors is the basis of most games TBPH. Certain strategies are more effective vs other strategies. Roster selection is merely one strategic aspect of Blood Bowl. Skill selection is another.

Then you must love the current amazon roster design, because it's rock/paper/scissors at it's best. Overpowered against most, but gets annihilated by dorfs/CD. You feel we need more teams like amazons? Like 'wild living female orc warriors'? Or maybe 'female jungle zombies'? We just need a catchy name, I can "design" the roster within minutes.
asharak

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Loss of Traits makes me sad.
Having skills that were only available on doubles to players who had the style of skill helped make some players stand out. With much less reason to value doubles I think there will be even more cases of cookie-cutter teams. Which would be bad. There will still be those who try out weird and wonderful combos too, but basically I like the idea of traits. It means an agile palyer may get to do something no black orc can ever do. Likewise a blackorc can do something no agile player can ever do. And so on Smile Keeps the players unique while still allowing them to access lots of normal skills on a doubles roll.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I too am waiting for the next edition, as this is when i'll quit playing. Because of the rule changes? no my dear foreigners.... the only reason fumbbl is so successful is because its free, how why is it free? good question. Fumbbl is free because GW own the rights (IP) to Bloodbowl, if they knew someone was making money from their stock they would shut this place down asap.

Now where is this going? GW dont own Fantasy monster football game... or what ever they're calling it. As soon as you have something which is in demand, thats when you want to make money from it. Do you really think the folks making the new client are doing it because they love the game and want to share it with you all? wise up, if you can sell something, your not going to give it away for free.

I personally cant and dont want to play monthly fees to play, I'd rather play TT.
asharak

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehhh I suspect if they started to charge for it the coincidental similarity to Bloodbowl might suddenly come under GWs microscope...

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well monsterbowl and chaos league seemed to do it okay. I'm not a follower of copyright laws, but if the game they making doesnt infinge on any of GW ip, i think my can do what they like, including fees... which i feel are certain. unless the makers want to tell me im wrong.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
I am especially upset they nerfed CD. Troll removal and hthark the stoppable. Very sad indeed.

Three words: Mutations. On. Doubles.

Three words: Troll is better!
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually this is one of my favourite points. I never liked the introduction of traits, and I like the change to they way things were. Now we may see far more interesting and various team builds, instead of say, dwarf teams with every player sporting just guard + mighty blow. The introduction of traits meant that there were far too few skills choices available to most players for their normal rolls. With LRB5, the success of a team doesn't depend so much on how many doubles you can roll at skill time. Yes, a good change by far.

asharak wrote:
Loss of Traits makes me sad.
Having skills that were only available on doubles to players who had the style of skill helped make some players stand out. With much less reason to value doubles I think there will be even more cases of cookie-cutter teams. Which would be bad. There will still be those who try out weird and wonderful combos too, but basically I like the idea of traits. It means an agile palyer may get to do something no black orc can ever do. Likewise a blackorc can do something no agile player can ever do. And so on Smile Keeps the players unique while still allowing them to access lots of normal skills on a doubles roll.

Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Grod on %b %23, %2010 - %13:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
I am especially upset they nerfed CD. Troll removal and hthark the stoppable. Very sad indeed.

Three words: Mutations. On. Doubles.

Three words: Troll is better!

You'd rather have a roadblock than the potential to rip AV 9 teams apart? To be honest, I don't really know how this will balance out, but my feeling is that the mutation access (claw) is going to be very, very useful. At least in an environment where you play a lot of high-AV teams (Blackbox, anyone?).
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Grouchy wrote:
As soon as you have something which is in demand, thats when you want to make money from it. Do you really think the folks making the new client are doing it because they love the game and want to share it with you all? wise up, if you can sell something, your not going to give it away for free.

I personally cant and dont want to play monthly fees to play, I'd rather play TT.

Who are you? What the @$%^ are you talking about? Look out for the pink elephant behind you.

Oscar Wilde
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to miss the tratis. Made players special. But i got a feeling LRB5 will be more fair since you don't need as much luck on skill roles that much.

In all i belive they made some changes that will be good and some that will be bad and we end up with a game that is just as good (i belive since i never played LRB5)

RandomOracle wrote:

You'd rather have a roadblock than the potential to rip AV 9 teams apart? To be honest, I don't really know how this will balance out, but my feeling is that the mutation access (claw) is going to be very, very useful. At least in an environment where you play a lot of high-AV teams (Blackbox, anyone?).

Yeah, av9 regen for the los. Specialy when regen is as good as an apo.
The claw is better in LRB4, but i don't use a mino now...
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:

The claw is better in LRB4

Yup, but you can't get it at all in LRB 4 (except on doubles on the mino, I assume). Claw + MB + Piling On means that you have almost a 60% chance of removing a player from the pitch on a successful block. This combo only requires one doubles rolls and because the blockers already start with block + tackle, they can get these skills very quickly.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Grouchy wrote:
Well monsterbowl and chaos league seemed to do it okay. I'm not a follower of copyright laws, but if the game they making doesnt infinge on any of GW ip, i think my can do what they like, including fees... which i feel are certain. unless the makers want to tell me im wrong.

You do realise that GW took action over Chaos League? In fact Cyanide's BB came as a direct result of the settlement. So you can be fairly confident that the new client will be without fees.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Grouchy wrote:
As soon as you have something which is in demand, thats when you want to make money from it. Do you really think the folks making the new client are doing it because they love the game and want to share it with you all? wise up, if you can sell something, your not going to give it away for free.

Who are you? What the @$%^ are you talking about? Look out for the pink elephant behind you.

LOL, monthly fee. That would be the quickest way to close the site and get Christer in trouble with the law.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2010 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes yes. Probably best to not dwell on the uninformed, highly inaccurate, intuitively going down the wrong path, lack of details on what is actually going on in the BB client world, attempt to troll.

Move a long now, and lets stay on subject> Cool
 Jump to: