35 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Because we're a sensible forum and we're not going to significantly overreact to the release of a promo item you can only buy in one shop?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

But I read on TFF and reddit and cyanide and steam that G&C are part of the plague that is ruining blood bowl

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

also, we are using cards in my TT league. So now you know of a league using cards Smile
(its basically fine too, league night is meant to be less serious than tourneys etc we did house rule the two piles of cards in t one tho as one is obv strnger than the other)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always one. It's like when you mention four minute turns aren't a thing in real life and someone from deepest darkest Peru emerges and explains that when a coach in their league goes over four minutes he's stabbed in the foot and deported. It has always been the way. I like that you like your Blood Bowl your way (it's the GW model), but it's not OK for general play. Good luck playing with something unreactive in the new world of random card bingo. Two decks into one is almost worse (imo); someone gets something gamebreaking, someone else gets something a little funky from the crapper end of the (CRP) MM deck? You may as well let everyone have the proper nonsense from the big boy deck, if you're going that way?

The cards are like playing Stunty Leeg. Fun occasionally, serve a purpose (great for newcomers, in the case of cards), but it's not general / standard Blood Bowl.

Try never to read anything on TFF, AD. Or at least, just assume the opposite is the truth. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %17, %2017 - %12:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
Ok thanks everyone, I even asked the wrong question as it turns out, but got the answer I wanted anyway - I mostly just wanted to know if you can spend your winnings before getting hit with the tax, and the answer is yes. So, most of the time you can save up for a 120k player risk-free, for instance (especially if you win).

Ok. So expensive mistakes isn't an issue.

Some people here seen generally distressed about the change to BB2016.
Sure the whole buying new sets of cards/mini's etc profit maximisation - I understand the annoyance with that. But it doesn't seem to me like it will effect FUMBBL/online blood bowl negatively?

The change in names are just crap (shambling undead), but seem to mirror America Football a bit more now.

The worst effective change I see is no wizard (which was highly dicey any way) because a big TV mismatch usually isn't made up by star players and crappy cards imo. But if they are changing the cards and revamping star player cost etc, maybe it's better.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
But I read on TFF and reddit and cyanide and steam that G&C are part of the plague that is ruining blood bowl

Come on AD stop being silly. I know most of what you are saying is tongue in cheek but others don't, and trolling in such a way can demotivate those that put a lot of time in to keeping stuff up to date.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI - Wizard isn't removed, rules are due to be released later

Personally I hope zap returns

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards!! \o/

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Come on AD stop being silly. I know most of what you are saying is tongue in cheek but others don't, and trolling in such a way can demotivate those that put a lot of time in to keeping stuff up to date.

Well, I was just having a bit of fun in response to 'Goo's (accurate) description of the moaning about G&C. I thought it was pretty obvious in context that I was jokingly referring to it, and I absolutely don't think it would be correct to call it trolling as I certainly didn't intend to cause anyone any grief Smile

But i'll leave it at that!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The cards are like playing Stunty Leeg. Fun occasionally, serve a purpose (great for newcomers, in the case of cards), but it's not general / standard Blood Bowl.

Goo, the draw-3-keep-2 rule is right there under Pre-Match Sequence in DZ1 p23. Everyone always gets cards. It *is* standard Blood Bowl now. Or did I miss an erratum?

Purplegoo wrote:
They make money and keep newcomers interested until new minis and DZs arrive, but they aren't BB rules. As such, they don't really need to be put through the same level of rigorous thought in the creation, much as we all wish that they were.

At what point do you think GW will start putting the standard rules through a rigorous thought process?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You are behind the times in terms of what the current line is on the cards (there is more outside out of the main book / outside of the DZ, even), but that's not really important, it's sermantics. You are right in that, in current print, they are as 'optional' as assisting a block (if that were not true and cards lived in the proper optional bit as per CRP, there would be no controversy. Don't mistake exasperation for misunderstanding!). Not that that stops leagues / tournaments (yes block's league accepted plus someone below, no doubt) ignoring them or us being told that league commissioners will fix the issue. They're the new edition's 4 minute rule; dropped in the wrong place. Perhaps something more formal is to come that fixes the issue, perhaps not. Perhaps they can be coded, perhaps not. Perhaps Christer follows the NAF / the community and nopes the cards that are there and those that are doubtlessly to come, perhaps not. Etc. Who knows.

The second point, imo, misses the target. GW have always had the final say on the rules. They get a lot of hugely fashionable but unreasonable stick both here and elsewhere. As a generalisation, the rules have evolved well save the odd misstep, which isn't bad.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
mekutata wrote:

Maybe it'd been more sensible to start a new division (2016) which adapts all new rulesets and keep B and R as it is until it is seen what works well and what not.

The last thing fumbbl needs is more splitting up of the user base. That said I think adding seasons say 20 games long to black box would be the correct way to go. After all the coaches there have always prided themselves on playing an unfiltered hard-core version of the game. as for ranked that's a tougher call as there are more fluffy teams out there. So no seasons or 50 game long seasons would be my vote, that way you should be able to accumulate enough money to rebuy your players, and you would have to play 150 games with a player before they stood a good chance of retirement.

It would also mean the part time gamer wouldn't get hurt so badly

Do go on creator of a division that splits up the userbase Wink
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The second point, imo, misses the target. GW have always had the final say on the rules. They get a lot of hugely fashionable but unreasonable stick both here and elsewhere. As a generalisation, the rules have evolved well save the odd misstep, which isn't bad.

I understand all that, and in fact I have no particular beef with GW, having never had a purchasing experience before I started on the Blood Bowl-related paraphernalia in 2011. I agree the rules have indeed evolved well to CRP. I even like the less-serious focus, the zany options, etc. But BB2016 feels flippant, not rigorous. Happy to take your word that they are interested in fixing that.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just a bloke who reads the wider BB internet, speaks to people and has an opinion. Don't be happy to take my word for anything. Especially after some Friday refreshment. Razz

More seriously, it'll all be alright in the end. It always is. I rather enjoyed mrt's contribution above. Yeah, Garion, isn't that exactly what you did? Very Happy

Enough from me. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimately it was Christer's fault for saving us from having to stick to official rules & official rosters.

Jump to: