13 coaches online • Server time: 06:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not stressing just discussing Mac.

3 hours 15 minutes? I hope that was a RL game with lots of beer involved.

No offense intended but 8-10 minutes calculating odds doesn't sound that 'daring' Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

macike wrote:
One more thing. I would very appreciate and find it very helpfull if I could set up JBB client to signal not only 4 minutes but also other periods.
Example:
- '2 minutes' ring saying: "enough thinking, start moving - go, go, go, go!!!",
- '3,5 minutes' ring saying: "all or nothing - do it NOW!!!"

That is a good idea. I think that it should beep after 3 minutes.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sk8bcn. It was addressed to everyone who still cares. I don't want it locked, I just figure it might be better for some. Wink

Last edited by Macavity on %b %26, %2005 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

It is still illegal for London taxi drivers to drive their cabs unless they are carrying a bail of hay. Smile

I bloody knew it! Let's bust the lot of them! Citizen's Arrest!
Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Sk8bcn. It was addressed to everyone who still cares. I don't want it locked, I just figure it might be better for some. Wink

Ok then I tought "it's for me or Kalamona (that was my opition 1)"

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
No offense intended but 8-10 minutes calculating odds doesn't sound that 'daring' Smile

"8-10 minutes" sound horribly slow and not many can stand it.

However 'daring' means that I dare to take actions the opponent considers 'almost impossible' and make them likely to happen. Wink
Or just fail with ones/skulls in the first roll after all these calculations. Very Happy Which is obvious waste of both coaches' time indeed.

EDIT: removed 'not stressing' quotation

Last edited by macike on %b %26, %2005 - %19:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Macike? You absolutely sure you're included in the "not stressing" category? Razz

Post 18 Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Macike? You absolutely sure you're included in the "not stressing" category? Razz

Ooooooooooppps. Didn't notice the inclusion.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played nearly 550 games here and never found an opponent that used more than 5-6mins. So it's making a major problem from slowness when most are under 4 mins.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents: TT games that I play, tend to take 3 hours. Fumbbl games tend to take 1 to 1,5 hours. I usually say to my opponent's after four minutes, that they should remember the 4 minute rule, but it isn't really that big of a problem, or maybe I just haven't played macike yet.

Slow play is really just a point of view.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

In TT you may be chatting with other people or having a beer etc. You can also give your opponent a slap if he's really taking the piss over the length of his turns! Twisted Evil Even so, in most TT tournaments you are restricted to 2 hours if only for the sake of game scheduling.

If there are no rules on Fumbbl to restrict slow play, is it reasonable after two hours of play to tell your opponent that you have to leave and finish the game another day?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I did that to a few players who took forever to play. For some odd reasons, they complained VERY loudly. I just told them I was returning a favor.
I started a thread on how to deal with these players so That I will know not to play them anymore. It was suggested to me to add a list into my account info. So, I did. I am starting a list of people I will not play and am tactfully stating why so that it is descriptive but also non-offensive.
 Jump to: