14 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I intend to do some changes to the races of Stunty Leeg. But before I do this, I want to have some kind of input as to what you want.

I intend to remove the plain goblins and the halflings. It's too complicated with respects to [L] to have these teams around. I get too many complaints about [L] flings and gobbos not being the same as in Stunty, and it's not an option to have two rosters with the same name in the division.

I am also looking at potentially modifying the following rosters:

* Skinks. These guys are the least popular race in the division. Virtually no games played so they need to be changed or removed. Feel free to propose ideas

* Chaos Halfling. The most popular race. Are they too good? Is there a way we could tone them down a bit without destroying them entirely?

* Goblin Cheaters. Another very popular race. Again, are they too powerful and in need of toning down?

* Nurglings. The third race that is very popular. Same here.

Please give me some input on these issues. I don't want to blindly do these changes since I don't play enough in Stunty to have a good view of the balance.
Kanzo

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos flings aren't that good. But they're really funny to play with

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks need some big guys. 2 solutions:

1) add 2 Saurus

or

2) add 1 Kroxigor

I think that other races don't need to be changed for the moment.

Here are the statistics of the stunty cup:

1) Goblins with 17 tournaments won

2) Nurglings and Snotlings with 5

3) Chaos Halflings with 4

4) Pygmies and Strigoyan with 2

5) Fairies, Halflings, Skinks (ancient roster with 2 saurus) and Skyre Slaves with 1

Last edited by albator2001 on %b %19, %2007 - %11:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
nonchalance

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with Kanzo - the cflings are fun, because they've got chainsaws, big guys and mutations.
They seem balanced, at least in my experience; they're attractive not because of their power, but because of their entertainment value. I assume Cheaters are similar in that.
KingKong

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin Cheaters and Chaos halflings are really fun themes. Neither to powerfull, maybe the cheaters is alittle weak even.

The nurglings could use a tone down imho Not sure what tough.

The skinks needs a boost, 2 boneheaded saurus could work. Or a complete work over.
tenpole

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I run a stunty group in league division. Halflings and ordinary goblins are unused. Do they still get access to generals skills like the rest of stunty team big guys?

Maybe that is something to consider. Dropping the general skill for stunty big guys in league but keep it in stunty, or would that be too difficult to do. The Big Guys dominate the teams with block while teams like squigs get smashed to pieces as they have no block. Yeah drop general skill for big guys in league, that would also tone down chaos halflings.

Goblin Cheaters are fine, they risk eviction with the secret weapons so the team is diminished towards the latter part of the game.

Nurglings are fine. Again block on big guys, the tentacles are offset by the AG2 of nurglings

Skinks teams get dropped, maybe add a big guy or two.

The eshin assassins are the team that are a bit powerful with the poisoned daggers. They continual win no matter the Tr difference (except if they get trapped in the nurgle beasts)
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the above speakers. The chaos halflings and goblin cheaters are likely so popular as a result of being cool and fun teams, not because they are great. Goblin cheaters are actually quite bad since a bad ref call can ruin the whole match after the first kickoff, but that's the way they are supposed to be, hehe. The idea of goblins bringing in loads of illegal weapons and that of a corrupted hafling team is just nice! Smile

The Eshin's really need to be fixed though. I even refuse to play them, because they are simply too overpowered. Limiting their speed, or the amount of daggers could be a solution of making them more balanced.

As for the skinks they need some kind of basher. I think a Kroxigor would be good. At the moment they lose all their bashing power if their Adept of Sotek is taken out. If two sauruses are introduced instead I think the Adept of Sotek should be removed. With their quickness they need to a bit handicaped when it comes to bashing.

I'm happy to see some upcoming changes to the stunty league. I hope that we will get other teams as replacement for the disappearing goblins and halflings. Preferably even more teams are added Smile
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the skinks should be converted to chaos skinks, so that they can get mutations. I suppose the mutations make nurglings and chaos halflings deadly and thus such popular races.
The cool buzzing sound of the chainsaw is alluring, too.

Hard to imagine something like the exploding cupp becoming popular when played with skinks Wink

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

as the self-proclaimed goblin cheater expert here....

they are not overpowered by any means....

in fact, they were underpowered at one point, with the bomber having stunty, and basically crippling the player, limiting the potential choices of the team...

one of the big reasons why cheaters are so popular is because they embody everything that is pure(can that term be used towards BB?) and good in stunty....they are *fun*, and they add a new level of mayhem that no other team can offer....

cheaters victory or defeat hinges purely on two things...their ability to remove the opposition from the pitch, or their ability to be *really* lucky whenever a TD scores....

smart coaches can minimize the weaponry rolls, and lessen the impact against the team, but again, it relies on a good bit of luck.....

couple that with the fact that cheaters have no reliable st3(i'll get to fanatics in a moment) or higher players limits their ability to go toe to toe with some of the other races as easily as the big guy races can...
additionally, you have 3 positionals on the team which can be removed from the pitch in a very easy fashion.....

a) while fanatics are a high ST player, knackered will screw you at the worst possible moment...
b) chainsaws are great on offensive, but on defense, they are always a high threat priority, and get targetted as soon as an opening presents itself...
c) kickers speak for themselves....

additionally, with bombers, the potential for harming yourself is just as easy as harming the opposition.....

while cheaters are a powerful team in the hands of the right coach, they have the same potential for being just as devastating against themselves as they are against the opposition....

if you're looking at "tweaking"....the cheaters don't need the nerf bat by any means....the bomber tweak made the team a very viable, and very fun, team to play.....

eshin are the key....plain and simple....they need to be nerfed into oblivion...

--j

ImageImage
tenpole

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Skyre slaves, I would like these too have bombers as standard, and make the star player str2 or get a new one. And give the slaves access to mutation. Slaves are renowed to experimente on and subjected to warpstone influence. Also a +1 st on the doomwheel. It needs it because it just gets knocked over too often.
2 bombers skyre slaves
Mutations for entire team (ok not doomwheel)
+1st Doomwheel

The str1 of the skyre slaves means they are heavily handicapped even with guard.
cabbagedude

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As has already been said, goblin cheaters are one of the most popular teams simply because they're one of the funnest teams to play.

For skinks, I reckon that the addition of 2 saurus whilst still being able to keep the adept would make them more viable as a team.

I also agree with eshin being nerfed...
tenpole

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with statements about goblin cheaters. They are not to powerful by any means. Compared with Chaos flings and Eshin they are weak. But they are fun to play against with bombs flying everywhere chainsaws buzzing and a mad fanatic that may kill his own side and sooner or later kill himself.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Skyre slaves, I would like these too have bombers as standard, and make the star player str2 or get a new one. And give the slaves access to mutation. Slaves are renowed to experimente on and subjected to warpstone influence. Also a +1 st on the doomwheel. It needs it because it just gets knocked over too often.
2 bombers skyre slaves
Mutations for entire team (ok not doomwheel)
+1st Doomwheel

With all those implementations they would become way too strong. Do you realize what a huge bonus that would be without reducing any of their current qualities? Madness...

A +1 ST on the doomwheel would be good though.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like something to be done about the Fairies star player by the way.

I don't see why anyone would ever want to disch out 80k for a 8144 player with Jump Up, Dodge, No Hands, Stunty. What is it even meant to be used for? It sucks at bashing, it can't handle the ball and with AV 4 it's bound to disappear after the first succesful block.

It might be interesting to put some kind of permanent Iron Man on it. To make it an annoying obstacle that you can't get rid of. I don't know if that is technically possible though. (And it would still suck...)

Preferably the Fairies should be able to buy a treeman or some other kind of high ST player though, because if they are missing one of their regular trees they are extremly handicaped.
goffmogg

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with most of the things said above.

Nurglings, Cheaters and Chaos flings are fine the way they are now. No need to change them imo.
Skinks and Eshins could need a change. Skinks with kroxi or 2 saurus seems good. And eshins need to be downgraded somehow.

And I also support Christer in removing Flings and Gobbos.
 Jump to: