27 coaches online • Server time: 07:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand why you cant purchase stars/wizards after match up but to me it makes no sense.

I know the sanctity of the scheduler is messed with IF coaches purchease said stuff after the match is made.

BUT

My big beef with ranked and box is that the one strength of the human team is their stars.

IF you carry treasury to purchase said stars in ranked you cant buy them for a one off game because coaches moan and complain and you cant get a match.

In the box you are not allowed because it will "unbalance" the match up.

Well if you carry a large treasury does that not enter into the formula for the match up to be set to begin with?

Plus hiring blind for humans is pointless. Their stars are really good and you can buy for specific match ups. Unlike lets say undead who just go with the Count regardless.

Of course the obligatory response of dont carry gold or get over it does not change the fact that teams who have good star access are denied that in the box. Which puts them at a disadvantge which in turns makes it so there is no point to having a cash reserve which in turn brow beats certain coaches who like certain races to just give in and make your basher of choice and off you go.

Yes you can buy them blind but then your dont really have a choice on which stars to hire or just take a wizard for the hell of it.

In the end after the match up and the: Hey you ready to play IRC starts up I think it would not be hard to tell your opponeet what you are going to do and off you go and he can respond by purchasing himself.

But hey this is black box. you cant dodge my 4 CL/RSC CW'S!!! so I respond you cant dodge my Human team that brings ZUG after the match up! so take that you ridiculous basher rotted brain head!

If that match up did occour and I did hire Zug after the match was set do you think it would really reduce the amount of body bags my humans would need?

So I want a rule change on this subject.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cash don't affect ts. Matchups are made by ts. Stars and wiz alter ts ---> reson why you can't hire after game is scheduled.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I was under the impression you couldn't alter the roster after the matchup is made.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sionis wrote:
I was under the impression you couldn't alter the roster after the matchup is made.

you cant and that is my beef when it comes to humans and stars.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
Cash don't affect ts. Matchups are made by ts. Stars and wiz alter ts ---> reson why you can't hire after game is scheduled.

Sure does. Use an extreme example. Iam carrying 1,000,000 gold or 100TR...Majority of my games would give my opponeet 4-5 Handicaps, thus the TS formula would be adjusted.

Gold=TR=Handicaps=TS adjustments and a mind boggling asortment of suitablity multipliers that not even Christer can figure out with out a calculator on hand.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Sionis wrote:

So what you say is that you should be allowed to cheat just because you play humies?
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The TS formula accounts for handis. So in your example... you will be playing a weaker TS team. If you convert it to a star, you will have a much higher TS and thus play a stronger team.

And Human stars are more akin to Undead and the count as opposed to say Goblins. None of the stars on a human team are "weak".

__Synn
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, it makes flings completely redundant in black box as you need to now how many wizards/chefs to buy before you play.
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hm... sched is made by TS...i think that RamTut is 17ts? (80k) (not 100% sure) and a 17ts swing will wildly affect the match up. it could certainly bring a scheduler match up that was made to 40+ts (just the standard benchmark in ranked)

It certianly is hard to adjust for large cash holdings giving away handi's- but i just think thats the nature of the Beast. Money is just money untill you use it... but as in RL it gives you a higher status ^_^
Sionis

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

In most cases, you shouldn't need more than a couple chefs.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
PainState wrote:
Sionis wrote:

So what you say is that you should be allowed to cheat just because you play humies?

That I should be allowed to cheat?

WHat?

I stated my thoughts that the one strength of the human team is denied in the box and wished for it to be changed. And if it was changed it would change for all and not just me.

So if that is cheating then Hell yeah I want to cheese dog cheat the crap out of the Box scheduler.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2010 - %19:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Shrap

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like being upset you can't cherry pick. I'll get matched up with some one based on TS then after the match is made I should be able to pump my TS up where I can dominate. I'm not gonna look at your teams Painstate I don't think you are that kinda guy, but this is what you are asking for in effect.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Were_M_Eye wrote:
Cash don't affect ts. Matchups are made by ts. Stars and wiz alter ts

Sure does. Use an extreme example. Iam carrying 1,000,000 gold or 100TR...Majority of my games would give my opponeet 4-5 Handicaps, thus the TS formula would be adjusted.

Gold=TR=Handicaps=TS adjustments and a mind boggling asortment of suitablity multipliers that not even Christer can figure out with out a calculator on hand.

As Synn already mentioned:
You complain because you are NOT on the receiving side of the stick?
Assume you have 200 TR team, with say 100TS and 1 million gold. You will now face a team of 100TR but only 75TS (+ 5 Handicaps of 5 each = 100TS for them too!)

And in the Box, neither Griff, Zug or Morg is ever a bad choice for Humans.

Last edited by f_alk on %b %19, %2010 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrap wrote:
This sounds like being upset you can't cherry pick. I'll get matched up with some one based on TS then after the match is made I should be able to pump my TS up where I can dominate. I'm not gonna look at your teams Painstate I don't think you are that kinda guy, but this is what you are asking for in effect.

I would like to point out that you cant do this in ranked also. Sure you could sneak hire but that is a diffrent topic.

My "beef" is equally applied to the ranked div.

and of course I pointed this out in the inital post.

Of course I did smile when you said you were not going to do a full blown cherry pick exploration on my teams since I only have 1 team really. And its far from a cherry picker to more likely on a scale it would allmost peg out as a cherry picked team. Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2010 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Prinz

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2010 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How are you not getting that hiring stars/freebooters after the schedule would have a massive and game altering effect on the matchup.
To the extent where very likely a match would not have been made by the scheduler?